I NEED SUPPORT FEELING ON EDGE

Options
123457»

Replies

• Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I would go to the store, & pick up peppers, chicken breast, & fajita mix, some hot salsa (but I like 'em spicy) & sour cream.

I'd then give her the oil... let her cook HER meal, & make my own... something with about a QUARTER of the calories of hers... that looks & smells AMAZING.

And that would just be the way it would be in my household. She can cook what she wants... I can cook what I want... If she wants to try mine... ok. Sure. Maybe she'll make it next time instead of what she WAS having.

Which, by the way... sounds like a heart-attack waiting to happen.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I know it seems weird, but I'm going to solicit prayer from all you good people. I will likely not log in again until Monday. She gets upset if I log in on the weekend. I hope to see you all again on Monday -- God willing.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No offense, but she HAD to ask you to go get the oil...a woman's place is in the kitchen. How in the world can she be in the kitchen AND the grocery store at the same time?!?
  • barbaratracy
    Options
    . I agree with you, it is not ok for your wife to tease you. ....You are in controll of your weight loss NOT your wife!!!!!! When ever I'm tempted to turn to the dark side I think " nothing taste as good as skinny feels".....I know this sounds silly but damn it is soooooo true. Hang in there.....before you know it you can rub your sexy fit body in her face lol
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! YOU SAID TACO....DO YOU KNOW WHAT SOME PEOPLE THINK OF WHEN SOMEONE SAYS TACO ON HERE!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! AND THEN YOU SAID SHE WANTS TO RUB YOUR NOSE IN IT!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Ahaaha. I laughed so loud when I read this lmao!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Your dieting is for you, you should not expect or require someone else to alter thier life because you've decided to change yourself. Supporting someone only goes so far. You've chosen to change your eating habits because you wanted to. You can't expect her to change how she eats just because you have, she doesn't have to go along with what you do. Also, you might be blowing this out of proportion.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Just spray windex on the tacos.

Oh yes
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    She's trying to sabotage my weight loss journey, just as I was back on the right path'

All I can say is 'aah...diddums...'

Nobody is responsible for anything that you put in your big fat gob but you.

The sooner you realise that, you thinner/slimmer you will be.

:laugh:
  • lmjonesga
    lmjonesga Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am new...so don't know if you are being sarcastic or completely serious. Either way, this ain't easy and it sounds like she isn't helping. I hope that you stick with making good choices anyway. You're so not alone. It's a struggle...I am scared to death that I will fail at this AGAIN but I'm taking things one day at a time.

You can do it! You are in my prayers! :)

Hope you have a good weekend!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Tell her that she's had a long day and that you are going to do the cooking for her tonight.
    Then cook in exactly 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
    You'll be healthy, she'll be unknowingly healthy, and happy that you are doing something for her.
    You may even get lucky.
  • tarheelfj40
    Options
    Here is a crazy thought...Have you talked with her about what you are feeling and what your goals are? I encourage you to keep fighting the good fight. Make healthy choices for yourself, lead by example, and you will be surprised as how your story will impact the people around you.
  • bellaitalia603
    bellaitalia603 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i'm actually feeling kind of shocked at some of the responses people are sending you. just ignore the *kitten* that aren't taking this seriously. if you are truly scared of her, you need to get out. as for tonight, tell her to get oil herself, OR go out and just do something for you.

i'm so sorry that this is your predicament. i do also agree that there may be something going on with her as far as another relationship. checking texts is a great idea. if she doesn't want to support you being a healthier version of you then she can't truly love you.
  • waanju
    waanju Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Though this was CLEARLY meant in jest, poking fun at over-dramatic people who blame their failures on others, I'm going to pretend it wasn't.

My family has those for dinner about once a week, sometimes with fried potatoes rather than beans inside with the meat. (Large fam, it stretches the meat)

My advice- you know how you add lettuce and salasa to the taco after frying? (like how you peel it apart and add some?) Get a bowl. FIll that sucker up with lettuce and salsa. Add a little scoop of the meat an beans. Viola! Taco salad (delish too, by the way)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    After all that, after going to the store to get cooking oil, she made something completely different. She made stir fry. I don't know what to think or do any more.