3 Yr. Anniversary!! 307 lbs. Lost!!! (Picture Heavy!!)

Options
CyberEd312
CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
3 years ago at 560 lbs. and pretty much a shut in from 2007-09 I finally hit rock bottom. Something had to change, I just couldn't live like that another day.. I was home bound and had to use a computer chair to wheel myself from my recliner to the bathroom or anywhere around the house. I had that AHA moment and stopped saying no to everything and started saying yes (no matter how afraid I was.) I had to overcome Severe Depression, Major Social Phobia issues, Food Addictions, etc.... I had to fix what was broken in my head or nothing else mattered.. So I met with a therapist, started water therapy (water displacement cause I couldn't support my own weight) and had a battery of test done. Found out I was a full blown diabetic (type 2) and had all the super morbidly obese health issues. But I was bound and determined to regain control of my life!!! 36 months later today, I stand here through a lot of Pain, Blood Sweat and Tears at 253 lbs. and scheduled to see the skin surgeon this Wednesday the 13th for (20-25 lbs. of skin removal) a 360 body lift and then 2 total knee replacements following the body lift and I will have Regained Control over my life and given myself an unwritten future I would have never seen had I not done something about it.. Never so Never!! Anything is possible if you are willing to work for it!! I have to thank my Family for Never giving up on me and my wonderful wife for being my rock to lean upon as I fought my way back... I have quite the road ahead of me with all these surgeries but I know I will continue to achieve the goals I have set forth and I will not let anything stand in my way... Lots of pics to follow... And thank you for the support I have gotten here.... I came here late in my journey but have used MFP as a tool in my journey especially the social phobia aspect I am still dealing with today... Thanks again....

2009May2.jpg

scan00013.jpg

scan00014.jpg

DSCF2306.jpg

DSCF2307.jpg

DSCF2307revised12.jpg

DSCF2306revised12.jpg

3Sideshot.jpg

3frontalshot.jpg

DSCF3019two.jpg

sidebysideb4after.jpg

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

DSCF0614.jpg

DSCF0612.jpg

DSCF0667.jpg

DSCF0669.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0660.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

Replies

• sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    so amazing and such an inspiration! What a great story, thanks for sharing!
  • LesIsMoreXX
    LesIsMoreXX Posts: 169
    Options
    This is the most epic weightloss I've seen on this site so far! Amazing!!!
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oh my God! You look fantastic! AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulaitons & Amazing Story To Shar!! A Great Inspiration!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
    Your face looks years younger now, and I love all the definition in your arms...your triceps rock!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Just INCREDIBLE.

Congratulations on your weightloss, mental accomplishments, and reclaiming your life.

You're an inspiration!
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Congratulations for losing so much weight! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • MandyRi
    MandyRi Posts: 4
    Options
    That is amazing! You look great and thanks for sharing!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    amazing job! very inspirational...
  • flong1975
    flong1975 Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow! Congrats - this is an awesome accomplishment and I hope your story inspires many others!! Well Done!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary. You have given inspiration to us all. :smokin: :wink:
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've read your story before... you are a true inspiration. It is incredible how much you have overcome. Thanks for sharing again! :flowerforyou:
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful, I can just imagine how proud you are of yourself and your accomplishment. You look great.
  • luke1437
    luke1437 Posts: 8
    Options
    Those pics are amazing. I am sure you hear it all the time, but you look great! I am heading to the gym right now because of your story and pics.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just WOW!
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :happy: Your Awesome Man. be proud
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Great job. You have such a great attitude and outlook which will take you far!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I am not going to lie. I am a man, and I am crying. This is beyond awesome. These tears flow for your dedication to pursue a better life for yourself. You are more than an inspiration, you are a fundamental building block to all others who may be discouraged or want to quit.

I applaud you, Not just for your weight loss, but your focus, drive, and will to be better each day after the next.

I LOVE people like you who make a difference one day at a time.
  • danielleharvey2009
    danielleharvey2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!!!!! :D
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    the fact that you are wearing vibrams pleases me :) my most heartfelt congratulations to you sir!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!