C25K Challenge

Options

Replies

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I did W3D2 yesterday and really struggled with it, did W3D3 today and it felt so much easier! We all have our off days and just need to push thru it, tomorrow will be easier. Now I get a rest, no running until Saturday then off on W4D1.
  • tlc36
    tlc36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am starting week three. I am hoping to build up endurance but right now it's tough!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Week 3 day 1 scared me.. But I just ran for 3 minutes straight! TWICE! I haven't been able to do that since i was 14! Wooooohoooooo!

I just had to share. :)

Thanks for posting that... finished W3 D2 this morning, and on Monday I felt exactly the same way... then i read my son's kindergarten fitness report card - where the standard is jogging 3 minutes... and i was happy to be as fit as my kindergartener... so i'll add my Woooooohooooo to yours :)

i'm still not brave enough to sign up for a race... but we'll see... couple of runners in the neighborhood have mentioned them to me (which is so sweet, considering i'm muttering "20 more seconds, 10 more seconds... don't fall down" at the end of the 3 minutes)...
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just finished week one! We start week two on Thursday, feel free to add me! I would love to see how others are progressing.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm proud of all of you C25Kers! Having graduated the program, I know how tough it is at times. Keep at it! You'll get there!

When you think you can't go another minute...think "30 more seconds..." and just keep going for another 30 seconds, again and again.

Your legs can handle it.
    Your air will last.
    It's your brain that is telling you that you can't.
    Who are you going to let win this race?

The feelings of accomplishment when you finish are so rewarding! :drinker:
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first week. This coming from a girl who said the only way I would run is if zombies were chasing me.

Then I realized, at the point, it would be too late. Remember the rules: Limber Up, Cardio, Double Tap!.

C25K is amazing!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Iv'e finished (sort of*) C25K, add me for support, and tips, I love running now, I do 5K 3/4 times a week, and I NEVER, seriously NEVER, run at all before C25K, not even for a bus.

Check out my blog as it will give you an idea of why I believe, ANYONE CAN DO IT..

Please feel free to friend request me. I never judge,

Dieting is a life choice not life sentence, so don't punish yourself.

PEACE

*SORT OF... got to week 6 day 3 and then just thought I'd go for it, and did my first full 5K 2 days later.
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am doing week 6 day 3 tonite after work. I am terrified to be honest. Warmup 5 minutes then run for 20 minutes!!!! I think i am going to get the ipad out and put a movie on it. Running on the treadmill with nothing to look at but the clock counting down is going to kill me. Something to distract me might make the 20 mintues go by much faster. Wish me luck!!
  • vespertinestar
    Options
    I'm on week 5, run 3 on Friday, anyone at a similar place feel free to add me so we can motivate each other :D

Matt
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Count me in!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I started Monday so today is day 2 week 1 for me:-) Please add me!
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anyone fancy joining me and some other guys n gals in our Couch to 10K Challenge? We start Monday July 2nd, here's the link to the group...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6667-couch-to-10k-baby
  • melissam926
    Options
    I did the 20 minute run last night and honestly before I did it I thought to myself "You can't do this" I changed my attitude because I knew if I thought I couldn't do it then I wouldn't do it. Keep going guys because it's so worth it!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm back onto the jogging myself,I did a 5k last October before i ...*ahem* fell off the wagon... BUT, I am back at it, and today is day#2 of back to running for me! I'm already signed up for the same 5k again this Spetmeber 30th! :) Add me if you like, I'd love to have some more friends to help me, and for me to support along the way! :)
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just finished my week 6 day 3 run and it was pretty darn good. 25 minutes of running with no walking. I had to go to the gym and use the treadmill because of the heat though. I feel that the treadmill is easier for me than pavement, but I'm countin' it anyhow!! LOL Only problem I had was the first treadmill I was on kept lagging every few steps...I almost fell! GRRRRRR! I had to hop off and move down the line to a different one and start back up. I did this as quickly as possible, so I didn't lose time...so I'm STILL counting it :tongue: Next week is all 25 minute runs and unfortunately it looks like they will have to be on the treadmill also, because of the heat. I just won't use that first treadmill in the line again!!!
  • andyp79
    andyp79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my next 5K in less than 2 weeks. I was hoping to have got further through C25K to help me run a bit more of it this time but the rubbish British weather is messing up my plans :( I don't have access to a treadmill and it hasn't stopped raining in what seems like forever!! I never thought I would be saying this, but I wish it would stop raining because I want to go out for a run!
  • Alexface21
    Alexface21 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just spent the last two days being violently ill, which is annoying because it means I'll have to possibly take a backwards step in the running. I'd just gotten into a routine of Week 7 as well; all 25-minute runs. I feel a bit better now though, so hopefully in the next few days I can get going again.
  • KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing 2 and 3 min intervals... then reread the intro and realized I've been doing 3 and 5 min intervals! Woohooo! I think I might die while doing it, but i'm super proud of myself!!! Ya me!
  • omnomnomkelsey
    Options
    Did a test run yesterday as well!!! I'm in!
    Official day 1 tomorrow (Monday), and this time I will remember to wear sunscreen :bigsmile:
  • neurotology65
    neurotology65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great tips. I am new to running as well. Thanks for posting. I am voice.g to run my first ever 5k in december with ny baughtert at the Tampa Color Run...very excited.
    The color run has a similar running plan as well. My plan is to do each week twice.