C25K Challenge

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Anyone fancy joining me and some other guys n gals in our Couch to 10K Challenge? We start Monday July 2nd, here's the link to the group...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6667-couch-to-10k-baby

I already downloaded the app, even though I'm only on Week 6 Day 1 of C25K. I wonder if it would be better to feel comfortable with the 3k before starting though.
  • LaVelle101
    Options
    can someone please give me some information on this?? i am interested in doing this but no idea what to do lol!!! thank you!!!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am starting today as well. This is a 5-am revelation and goal, since I can't sleep! Anyways, I'm always envious to watch people run, because I absolutely detest running. I can't even remember the last time I could run a mile. So this sounds like a great fitness plan, and only 3x a week sounds reasonable! This doubled with 30 day shred should have me on the road to success. Good Luck everyone!
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I have been doing it off and on, but also read recently that intervals are better for fat loss. Last night I got on the treadmill and warmed up, then did 2 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking for 30 minutes. I was drenched in sweat and that one minute was enough recovery time to keep it going. I probably could have gone longer than I did.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 2 today :) just starting, and very excited about it
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm now on week 8. Missed my first run yesterday since I didn't get up early enough to beat the heat and my YMCA is closed on Sundays so no treadmill access either :(. I did another cardio workout so tonight I'll go on schedule with my strength training and I will do my first 28 minute run tomorrow morning. I'm eager to get back outside after a week and a half trapped on the treadmill from the heat. I'm sure I will feel the difference! For those just getting started and worried about the longer runs....I say if I could do it, you can do it!! I was never a runner and I can't believe that I'm running for 25 minutes straight! I'm managing a 12 minute mile too. I think in high school it took me at least 15 minutes to do the mile and I couldn't run hardly any of it!(and I was super skinny back then). I'm so loving this program!! :)
  • andyp79
    andyp79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My 5K race has been cancelled due to bad weather :( The park is unsafe to run around at the moment due to all the rain. It has been postponed until further notice :( I guess that gives me a chance to complete the program before actually running in a race!
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on W1D3....count me in. I'm struggling with energy and nausea due to some nutritional issues, but getting there!
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    Anyone want to start th Couch to 5K program with me?

I did the first day yesterday, but am planning to truly start Monday.

For anyone who doesn't know C25K is a program designed to get anyone (ene us couch potatoes) running a 5k by the end of week 9. It is essentially interval training. Something important to note: it's not so important to actually get through the program in 9 weeks. If you need to repeat a week, do it!

Here's a link to the website with the actual program and schedule: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

There is a free app if you have an iPhone. I don't have an iPhone, but I have found playlists online that give me the cues.

Join in and we can all support each other!

<<< this chick is in
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3, day 1. Looking forward to it!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I've actually been thinking of doing this for a few weeks now...I finally downloaded the app this morning and am planning on getting out and doing the first day today-I'm glad you posted this!
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow!!! :)
  • ceppie
    ceppie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was away on holidays for a week. As it was in the mountains I was not brave enough to go running... but did a lot of walking & hiking instead.

Yesterday I did start again with the c25k and was able to do week 1, plus at the end running 2 instead of 1 minute. I think I am ready for week two...
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Did my first 20 minute run with no rest W5D3. Went super slow but made it thru and felt great! I guess all of my worrying was for nothing :smile:
  • suttercm
    Options
    Did Week 3, day 1 today - seems like a big jump from week 2, but I survived!
  • ceppie
    ceppie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    did week 2 day 1 yesterday and it was not half as difficult as I thought it would be...
    actually I managed to run each bit. need to work on my running form, but I think with two more days I will ready to move on.

Wow! And I thought I would be back to actually walking most of it. Like i did when I started with week 1.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Did my first 20 minute run with no rest W5D3. Went super slow but made it thru and felt great! I guess all of my worrying was for nothing :smile:

I did W5D3 yesterday ;)

It is, however, my seventh week of C25K as it took nearly three weeks to do the eight minute run at the beginning of Week 5. Just kept repeating it with gritty determination. Got there in the end!
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started a c25k program yesterday too!! Also signed up for a 5k mud run (dirty girl mud run) in September!!!
  • suttercm
    Options
    Level 4, Day 1 today - messed up the first running session and ran through the walk!
  • KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was on the start of week 4 and totally fell off the wagon for almost 2 weeks due to migraines, but I started back up again last week (only had to backtrack for one run) and I just did week 5 day 1! I am so proud of myself!!!