C25K Challenge

Options
12345679»

Replies

• misspinkshorts
    misspinkshorts Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started this a few weeks ago and did the first 3 weeks. I never tried week 4 and its been 2 weeks since I've run. I think I will try again and see where I need to go back to. Hopefully not week 1! Determined to finish this time!!!
  • Alexface21
    Options
    I finally completed the course! It feels amazing. I've had a look at Bridge to 10K, and while I may consider it in the future, I think for now I'll stick to doing 30 min (or 5k) runs a few times a week. I'm still steadily shedding weight, so it's definitely working well!

And if I can do it (I was lazy as hell before I tried it) then anyone can!
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Started my attempt at the C25K challenge earlier this week. Doing it with my husband which not sure how long that is going to work out as the first run he was way a head of me when joging. In addition to C25K we are doing 30DS alternating between the 2 each day with one day off a week. Yes we may be crazy, but I have done many rounds of 30DS prior to getting pregnant (5wk post partum).

Smccau3 thanks for the tips. I am bad about stretching any specific stretchs that are a must when running?

One tip I have heard is set a race as a goal. Mine is the Color Run in Portland at the end of Sept, plan on signing up after a month of doing C25K.

I'm tentatively planning on the Color Run as well. Trying to get a team together before the deadline. Maybe I'll see you there!
  • amersmanders
    Options
    Sorry for posting twice back-to-back...

I did Week 2, Day 1 yesterday. I've been alternating between doing it outside and doing it on the treadmill. I like pushing myself to go a little faster and regulate it on the treadmill (I'm up to 6 mph on the treadmill vs 5.2 mph outside for the running portion).

I use two apps together when I do C25k.

For outside I use Zombies, Run! and a C25k app., because the C25k app tells me when to run and when to walk, and the Zombies, Run! app has an interactive running storyline, and you get chased by zombies which is kind of fun for an extra little push. Zombies, Run! also measures your distance and speed through GPS, which I like.

For the treadmill, I use Nike+ and a C25k app. I know the treadmill also tells you calories burned and distance, but I like using the Nike+ app to compare calories burned and distance run.

I haven't had much luck with MFP's calories burned matching any of the other tools I use, so I tend to use those instead. They tell me that I didn't burn as many calories, but I'd rather underestimate than overestimate.

Anyway, Week 2, Day 2 is tomorrow!
  • amersmanders
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2 done! And a new PR! I'm really enjoying this so far.
  • Stacylynn327
    Stacylynn327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So, I just started C25K on Aug 7. After talking to a friend and telling her I was starting to run (I have NEVER been a runner!!), she decided she wanted me to do a 5K with her before she leaves for boot camp in September. The 5K we decided on is Sept 22, so that gives me less than 8 weeks to complete the program. As of today, Ive completed W3D1 and I am feeling pretty good! I never thought I would enjoy running, but I am really starting to love it!
  • tvbwgirl
    Options
    The next workout is Week 3 Day 3 of the C25K program and I'm trying not to get fustrated because I jog so slow. But I'm motivated because last year I did a 5k and came in last. Dead last. The park was shutting down by time I arrived and I was so embarrassed. :frown: However, I think this program is building up my confidence.
  • tvbwgirl
    Options
    I did Week 4 day 1 and I felt really good. I was really slow but felt strong. This is a great program.
  • amersmanders
    Options
    Just finished week 3, day 1. I have been alternating between using the treadmill and running outside. I went outside today, and also used Zombies, Run! to track distance.
  • Stacylynn327
    Stacylynn327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D1 this morning! I was SCARED to do the 10 min run, since i had a hard enough time with the 8 min run in W5! But, I did it! I was slow but still moving, and even had a little extra energy to spare at the end! I'm currently doing 3 days in a row then taking one off. Not recommended, but it works for me. I'm trying to complete the program with a few extra days to spare to work on pace a little before Sept 22 (my first 5K!). At this point I'm running/jogging SLOW< but as long as I'm still going for the entire time it tells me to, I consider it a success.