Anybody else trying to get rid of their c-section tummy?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had my c-section 4 years I go...I have and still do every exercise there is and mine still hasn't went down.
  • MicheleMMK
    MicheleMMK Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many c-section Mommies. Great thread with hope for me too. I had 3 c-sections, my last was 3 years ago. That pregnancy nearly did me in. I was horribly sick and pretty inactive (except for chasing my two others), ended up with Gest. Diabetes. Lots of stress and weight gain after his birth and here I finally am to get my health and body on track. Feel free to friend me if you'd like! I'm a good cheerleader!
  • love0809
    love0809 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'v had two c-sections in 08 and 09...Can anybody tell me a good workout to do to lose the belly,arm flab and leg flab...plez I really need to know..
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Strength training with weights, cardio (any aerobic activity), watching your cals and you're flap will be gone!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When you all find out the secret let me know :) Please feel free to friend me.
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I think part of it is definitely genetics though Im not giving up.
    Id post by before & current pics but I dont want to risk someone I know seeing them :)

I had pubic symphysis with my last pregnancy & still have it mildly, but specifically when doing most of the key exercises for abs (plank, bicycle, etc...) I think I need to get to a Dr & see if they can do something for me...
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    C-section 2 years ago. I'm really anxious about it because my mom had three c-sections and has lost a lot of weight over the years (she's probably around 115) and has a belly still. Mine is so obnoxious...I wear a 12/14 and could probably be a 10/12 if it wasn't for my belly. I keep reading that the whole "you have to have a tummy tuck' speal is a load of crap. Yes, it's really really hard to get rid of it, but it IS possible. Some of us may have to work harder than ever before, but I believe we can do it. I don't want a tummy tuck because I keep hearing from people who have gotten them that they regret it because now their belly looks weird in a totally new way (they have to 'recreate' your bellybutton o.0)

Anyways, I have read in a lot of fitness mags/blogs that cardio, more than anything, helps with excess fat. Remember cardio burns, weight training tones, yoga stretches. :] I'm planning on starting P90x on top of my usual yoga routine this week. Add me if you like, ladies.
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so get this -- i had a VERTICAL c-section 9 yrs ago when i had quadruplets. couple that with the deep scars from an infected incision and WOW, we're talking all kinds of sexy over here ~
    i feel your pain.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    I have a vertical scar too. I was overweight since I was a little girl but I never had a belly til that Csection;0 11 years ago.

I'm hoping to have it go away as I lose and work on toning/exercise but I really do think the csection messes with the belly for a lot of moms.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Waving hand **** me me me
  • murphmurph07
    murphmurph07 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me!! My baby is 6 months old so its time to start doing something about the awful state my body is in. Hoping to lose around 20lbs. I'm not a whole lot heavier than I was pre pregnancy but I was overweight then. I've been yoyo dieting for YEARS at this stage but I want to finally get myself in shape. Whilst I want to get in shape and remove this mass of jelly around my middle, I also want to increase my energy as I am so tired all the time.

I started yesterday - kept within calorie guidelines (just about) and did day 1 level 1 of 30 day shred. My niece is going to take measurements and photos for me this afternoon.

New to this site so if anyone wants to add me please do.

Good luck to everyone.
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    so get this -- i had a VERTICAL c-section 9 yrs ago when i had quadruplets. couple that with the deep scars from an infected incision and WOW, we're talking all kinds of sexy over here ~
    i feel your pain.

YOu did not have quads! & thats you in the pic?! You look unbelievable!
    sorry about scars but you hide it well!
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    I`ve had 2!! The second one was nearly five years ago and gets sore and infected all the time. I really need to lose the weight to either cure this or if it doesnt my doctor will refer me for a tummy tuck. Feel free to add me:smile:
  • superstankazz
    Options
    I had a c-section almost 8 years ago and the scar is almost non-existent, but that bump is still there! I've just accepted that it is part of me for life:grumble:
  • twinkle320
    twinkle320 Posts: 23
    Options
    ME!!!! I've had 2 c-sections, one in 2005 and one in 2010. My tummy was never terribly flat or tone to begin with but that lower "flab" that I can literally lift where it folds over my scar, just bothers me soooo much. I started on this journey to lose the weight 3 months after my youngest was born and reached my goal weight in May 2011 after 11 months on Weight Watchers. I have been able to maintain that weight loss for the most part, with some flucuation for a year now but until now I never committed to exercising. I am doing Jillian Michaels 30day Shred and 6 week 6 pack on average 3-4 times a week, hoping to up it to 5 times a week. I have been doing it for 3.5 weeks and I see a difference in myself already but I am desperate to see more of a change in this c-secion belly!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I had my c-section 22 months ago and I HATE this flap of belly flab left behind! I have lost about 30 lbs since joining MFP in Sept and I am 100 lbs lighter than the day I delivered! My pooch has gotten a lot smaller it still bugs the crap out of me. I have 30 more lbs to lose so I'm hoping it will get better but now I am trying to get pregnant again so I will have to start all over after the next one. Lol.
  • keedie02
    Options
    I'i hae had 4 c-sections. i have started the body by vi shake diet. and i am walking. only thing is im not sure walking will get rid of the c-section tummy. its like the muscles there are dead. please anybody know a way to help.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'i hae had 4 c-sections. i have started the body by vi shake diet. and i am walking. only thing is im not sure walking will get rid of the c-section tummy. its like the muscles there are dead. please anybody know a way to help.

dropping weight will help some but you also have to rebuild the abdomen muscles. My wife had 2 csections and lost all the muscle strength in her abs and lower back. Start doing daily exercises to strengthen your core. Planks, burpees, etc etc will help with rebuilding the muscle strength.