It's NOT Just Calories In VS Calories Out!!!

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    this thread again, huh?

I think its required at least once a day.
    If it bores you, why are you here commenting?

I'm not bored. Just stating. You haven't addressed Acg's comments yet and I was waiting to see what you had to say.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I agree to a point. I don't disagree with anything you said however, I think for a lot of people here, they're already making a big lifestyle change by being aware of what they eat/starting to read labels/regulating how much they eat. Lots of people have said the same thing you have in past posts but expecting people to do a complete 180 right away is not realistic (or fair). I think it's small steps for most people, progress looks different to everyone.
    I think it's good to still make healthier suggestions to people but I think we also need to be understanding of where people are coming from.

Great political answer. I concur.

Edit because my quotee edited: Exactly. If I'm losing weight, I don't want an opinion on the foods I eat. Once I stop losing weight, then I'll worry more about composition.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have to exercise a lot in order to lose weight. Even at a deficit I just don't lose unless I'm exercising.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What about SLEEP!!!!! Sleep is huge!
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    this thread again, huh?

I think its required at least once a day.
    If it bores you, why are you here commenting?

I'm here commenting on it because it comes up on "recent forum topics" on the homepage. That's why. Don't you all get bored posting the same things over and over?
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree to a point. I don't disagree with anything you said however, I think for a lot of people here, they're already making a big lifestyle change by being aware of what they eat/starting to read labels/regulating how much they eat. Lots of people have said the same thing you have in past posts but expecting people to do a complete 180 right away is not realistic (or fair). I think it's small steps for most people, progress looks different to everyone.
    I think it's good to still make healthier suggestions to people but I think we also need to be understanding of where people are coming from.

Great political answer. I concur.

lol, I edited it a little more once I realized this was the same person who *****ed about coconut oil being processed. Too sanctimonious for me. Stuff like that is how my eating disorder developed.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    You haven't addressed Acg's comments yet and I was waiting to see what you had to say.

The official odds are:

graphics-tap-dance-709997.gif 60%

crickets.gif 40%
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    lol.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well said! thank you.
  • rmalford
    rmalford Posts: 58
    Options
    Just love how many people would rather believe magic than accept the results of science. The conservation of energy has never been violated. Is you count accurately enough it is energy in, energy out. Unless you want to include nuclear effects, probably negligible.

Most really find it easier to accept magic they "understand" than science they don't.

end rant for the moment...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No. It's not. It's a lot of different factors, including the female hormones. Anyone who says it's not, well, he hasn't gone through menopause. :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    lol, I edited it a little more once I realized this was the same person who *****ed about coconut oil being processed. Too sanctimonious for me. Stuff like that is how my eating disorder developed.

I'm pretty sure almost everything is processed to a point. Unless the OP is only eating fruit and vegetables that they've grown and slaughters their own meat, everyone eats processed food.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Do blood markers of health generally improve or worsen when losing weight regardless of the composition of the diet?
    I'd be interested to know. If you have any data, studies, or links, please share.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Regardless of whether what you said is true or not, the things you just mentioned is related to calories so you kinda proved that it's all about calories in vs calories out...
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree there are other factors involved.

I also realize that alot of us are here because we have made a lifetime of bad choices and have fallen into a habit of eatting very unhealthy food. It is unrealistic to expect us to go from eatting fast food daily to eating completely clean. Baby steps.

So, Calories in VS Calories out is a good first step for us newbies. In this process we will learn that the healthier options often have less calories, and will replace them. We will also learn by experience how crappy processed food will make us feel.

I am human, I make mistakes. I try to stay under my calories, but sometimes the addiction to unhealthy food is too much. I cannot expect myself to eat completely clean, organic, no hormone or preservative or processed food, blah, blah. That would be a set up for failure. Just logging on here daily is a major step in the right direction.

Right now, I am sticking to the Calories in VS Calories out. Who knows, in a few years I may have an organic garden with my own free range chickens, cows, and pigs... but I won't be holding my breath :).
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    No. It's not. It's a lot of different factors, including the female hormones. Anyone who says it's not, well, he hasn't gone through menopause. :laugh:

This is part of the "calories out" side of the equation.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure almost everything is processed to a point. Unless the OP is only eating fruit and vegetables that they've grown and slaughters their own meat, everyone eats processed food.
    No i eat all sorts of things, even processed crap, but only occasionally. Mostly, yes, fruits and vegetables, and i wish i had room and a long enough growing season to grow all my own food! But, unfortunately, i eat commercial produce, too.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Well then glad Twinkies are high quality food. You fail.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I agree with this... but also remember GENETICS & METABOLISM