need help flavoring veggies !!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Roast 'em, grill 'em, season the heck out of them with some salt-free seasonings. Go wild!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Special Secret Sauce?
  • rsparks38
    rsparks38 Posts: 51
    Options
    Bump
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of veggies but I get tired of them so quickly because I find them boring. I need help to flavor them up so I can actually enjoy them. Preferably string beans but I am open to any kind of veggie....please help !

Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning… for more than just popcorn.

I used to do that with Reese's Cheesy Popcorn Seasoning but it's really high in sodium.
  • pumpkinhoney
    Options
    If u wanna try Indian ...I can suggest u the recipe for any veggie .

For ex - French beans curry

Take a pan and put olive oil in it . Add mustard seeds , cumin seeds , turmeric , sliced onions and ginger garlic paste , let it fry. Now u can take French beans almost steamed and put in the pan . Fry it while adding salt and finally paprika and coconut flakes ( fresh or dry ) coriander powder is optional at the end .
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am not a real fan of veggies but tonight we started steaming some veggies and they were AMAZING! We tried both carrots and broccoli tonight and steaming them locks in the flavor and makes them so much better! We are going to try green beans and some others in the coming days but it is so easy and tastes amazing!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My family owns a restaurant and one of customers favorite things are our green beans. We add oregano, white pepper, tomato and onion. A little salt to taste. I love it! I also cook squash and zucchini medallions with garlic, soy sauce and teriyaki just till tender.
  • Sweatintobooksontape
    Options
    "Mrs Dash" has all kinds of salt free seasonings that you can add liberally to any veggies. I also like to kick up my veggies with this sauce:

1 table spoon Hellman's light mayo
    1 teaspoon Sriracha
    1 teaspoon lemon juice (bottled is cheaper and works fine, but fresh squeezed is better)

Toss your veggies (raw or steamed are both fine) in a bowl with this sauce and enjoy.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    I stir fry my veggies and season them with a little salt and pepper, and then some Spike seasoning. It is so delicious! Give it a try!
  • Rozziet
    Rozziet Posts: 10
    Options
    Try going to the asian grocery store and pick up these sauces:
    1. Oyster Sauce
    2. Abalone Sauce
    3. Chilli Bean Sauce
    4. Yellow Bean Sauce

You only need 1-2tbsp to put in your stir fry - now you have 4 different flavours! Oh and add a dash of sesame oil and sprinkle with spring onions. Oh and fry with garlic and ginger - makes it yummier and garlic is a natural antibiotic.
  • Pl2874
    Pl2874 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you all for the great Veggie tips...They all sound great ;-)
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    soy sauce!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of veggies but I get tired of them so quickly because I find them boring. I need help to flavor them up so I can actually enjoy them. Preferably string beans but I am open to any kind of veggie....please help !

Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning… for more than just popcorn.

^^Was just going to suggest this! The nacho and ranch are delicious. We use just a bit b/c it does have sodium but it makes our veggies taste sinful. :)

Also, as others have said, Mrs. Dash. No sodium and tons of flavor.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I like them with a little garlic. I put them in a pan with a little oil, and add either fresh crushed garlic or minced garlic, and heat it up, and eat! So good!

This ^^^^^^

To op Thank You for this post, I am going to do roast my veggies like the above poster said.