Calling all Naturalistas and Long Hair Divas!!!

Options

Replies

• nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mine's in a grow out from a pixie too! Long story short, I chopped it last spring in support of a cancer patient (family) who was devastated to lose her hair.....it did help her feel better, but I felt like a boy for forever and a day. It's finally a couple inches below my shoulder..............but I am aiming for at least waistline. Although....in high school it was mid-thigh. ;) Mine grows fairly fast....can't wait for it to get longer than it is....it's driving me nutso!
  • lacrimosia
    lacrimosia Posts: 39
    Options
    Yeah, Ive been natural for about 3 years. I did the bc back then, my hair has grown back. I want it longer though. :)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Been growing my hair for over 2 years so far and it's about level with my bra strap at the back, but only shoulder lenght round my face. It wont get much longer than it is now, but I want the layers out. It started out in a very short pixi cut hence still having layers. I've had it trimmed once a year to get rid of the split ends. I use heat on it about once a year, the rest of the time I leave it to dry naturally
    I've got typical British hair, the texture is fine, but I've got quite a lot of it, and it's wavey enough to frizz at the slightest excuse. I've started to use organic Argon oil on it & it's made a huge difference.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    So many trying to reach waist length...What is is about the waist.lol
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So many trying to reach waist length...What is is about the waist.lol

Um....hubby thinks it sexy? At least mine does. ;)
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Yeah, I've noticed alot of guys love long hair.lol. :tongue:
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Im a curly girl! Sometimes I'll wear my hair straight, but I achieve that by flat ironing maybe once a month. No more relaxers for me! It's gotten much longer than it ever did when I relaxed it. Somewhere around mid-back now when straight.

Oh, and coconut oil has done wonders for it!
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Im a curly girl! Sometimes I'll wear my hair straight, but I achieve that by flat ironing maybe once a month. No more relaxers for me! It's gotten much longer than it ever did when I relaxed it. Somewhere around mid-back now when straight.

Oh, and coconut oil has done wonders for it!

Curly hair is happy hair.... Also I love coconut oil!! :love:
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 years natural with locs for 9 years! I am 17lbs away from my first goal of 50 lbs and plan on cutting my dreads at that time, still going to be a natural girl. I have already started purchasing my products and doing my research :) I'm def going to be a co-wash girl!

17480856.png

Noooooooooo don't do it :smile: A little bit of me dies everytime I see someone cut off their beautiful locs.

I'm 5 years natural. I've ony been growing my locs for 18 months though so after 9 years my feelings may change. Right now I LOVE them, going natural was the best thing I ever did!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My hair is 3 1/2 feet long. I can sit on it. I usually wear it up in a bun though, especially when it is hot. My husband loves my long hair!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 1/2 way down my back. I'm growing it out and once I reach 100 pounds lost (15 to go) I'm going to my hair dresser (yummy) and letting him have his way with my hair!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    <--- wavy and tickles my bottom :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i just got 15 inches cut off. i really miss it sometimes.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I really love it that there are so many long-hairs and gettin-there-long-hairs on here! :-)

One of my big motivations to lose weight it I want to be thin by the time I reach tailbone. I remind myself of that when I'm craving junk food. So far, it works!

So, does anyone have any hair toys? I have several feather fascinators, a wood hairstick from Timberstone Turnings, an amethyst and mother of pearl hair fork, and some silk flower combs that I've made. What does everyone else play with?
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Mine is about 1/2 way down my back. I'm growing it out and once I reach 100 pounds lost (15 to go) I'm going to my hair dresser (yummy) and letting him have his way with my hair!

Please!!!! Just dont let him cut it!!!! :happy:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am!! Have been 100% natural almost 2 years :love:
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have been natural for a year now (BCed on July 8th of last year). My hair is still short :grumble: but my first goal is to get it to shoulder length. My ultimate goal is to get to mid back or so. I LOVE the pink Shea Moisture products and Coconut oil. I still have a ginormous box of hair products that I’m trying to use up from my "research" and "experiments" when I first went natural but after that I’m pretty much sticking to Shea Moisture and Coconut oil.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    We are just talking natural hair on the head right????
  • rockermom5
    rockermom5 Posts: 58
    Options
    Count me in! Over the last year or so my hair has gotten a lot longer...and I love it! :) It's about waist length and is curly/wavy. My mom always said that I'd cut my hair when I got older...but I'm nearly 38 and it's here to stay. :)
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    When I first started last year my hair was chin length and now it is Mid back so yeah. I dunno I just think long hair is sexy ;-)