Thigh Gap: Not possible for some??? Is this true?

Options

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    IDGAF about thighs gaps.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    There are so many attractive features about a woman's body, why focus on just one?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    LET THIS THREAD DIE.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I LOVE thigh gaps and I really hope I get one! Here's a workout I found to help get one!

http://www.blogilates.com/workout-index/how-to-get-an-inner-thigh-gap#sthash.lfee6oJG.dpbs

Good luck!

Not sure if srs or just clueless
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I LOVE thigh gaps and I really hope I get one! Here's a workout I found to help get one!

http://www.blogilates.com/workout-index/how-to-get-an-inner-thigh-gap#sthash.lfee6oJG.dpbs

Good luck!

No...No... Just No!
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    LET THIS THREAD DIE.

What she said.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap - another way society likes to F with a women's brain. If you don't have a thigh gap you're...not fit? not sexy? not good enough? Screw that. My goal is healthy, fit and strong!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    just - a little FYI for the girls aiming for a thigh gap... it really makes certain positions comical instead of quite sexy. There, I said it.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    just - a little FYI for the girls aiming for a thigh gap... it really makes certain positions comical instead of quite sexy. There, I said it.

I disagree.

Also, I think it's better to point out that thigh gap is due mostly to genetics and that women at their goal weights will either have it or not. There is no right or wrong. Making fun of those that have it is just senseless bashing.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

I disagree.

Also, I think it's better to point out that thigh gap is due mostly to genetics and that women at their goal weights will either have it or not. There is no right or wrong. Making fun of those that have it is just senseless bashing.
    Thank you! No need to criticize.
    I never knew about this thigh-gap conversation/debate until joining here. I have the genetics for one. In fact, it is exactly how I know if I am getting overweight. My thighs touching is such an odd feeling to me (similar to growing your hair longer and feeling it somewhere new on your back). Unfortunately I am not healthy when my thighs touch. So when I am healthy and strong I have one because I guess I just have naturally skinny legs. I love my legs but they are never going to look like those nice strong thick thighs I covet on Pinterest (even with hours of squats and machine work). We are all different. Try to get healthy and your body, however it is structured, is going too look spectacular! Please don't worry about these silly little things.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I disagree.

All I want for christmas is for you to put me on permanent ignore and quit responding to things I say when the point is completely missing you.

I made fun of no one, I said it can make certain positions comical WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH YOU BEING SO EXCITED AT THE CHANCE TO BE OFFENDED.

just go away. please please please forget I exist and just dont see me when we cross paths.

I BEG YOU.
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    11ff6315.jpg

Size 0 shorts, NO thigh gap. I have narrow hips and muscular thighs, it's not in the cards for me!
    How would we know if you have a "thigh gap" when you're sitting in that stroller??
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thank you! No need to criticize.
    I never knew about this thigh-gap conversation/debate until joining here. I have the genetics for one. In fact, it is exactly how I know if I am getting overweight. My thighs touching is such an odd feeling to me (similar to growing your hair longer and feeling it somewhere new on your back). Unfortunately I am not healthy when my thighs touch. So when I am healthy and strong I have one because I guess I just have naturally skinny legs. I love my legs but they are never going to look like those nice strong thick thighs I covet on Pinterest (even with hours of squats and machine work). We are all different. Try to get healthy and your body, however it is structured, is going too look spectacular! Please don't worry about these silly little things.

Thank you! This is the first I'd heard of it, too. I had to google to find out what the heck all of the hoopla is about. Just like you, it's in my genetics. Also like you, I realized my weight had got out of hand when my thighs began to touch. It was a totally foreign feeling. I had to change what I was wearing to bed because I couldn't stand the feel of my thighs touching when I slept. I couldn't wear skirts without bike shorts underneath, or short shorts in the summer, because of the rubbing.

I am by no means skinny, nor a freak of nature. I'm a bit tall, and most of it is leg. I have very wide hip bones... Child bearing hips, as my family always teased. Right now, I've got these two alien globs of fat at the top of my thighs that absolutely must go. I don't want to go through another summer of bike shorts and baby powder.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    LOL your post made me think of that Stop the Insanity infomercial- where the lady Susan Powter talks about her thighs not rubbing together for the first time in how many years- it was absolutely hilarious! I always think of that scene when I get irritated at my thighs- maybe someday- and maybe not
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    ...nevermind.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have a thigh gap...

And I have the scars between my legs when I didn't.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options

I disagree.

All I want for christmas is for you to put me on permanent ignore and quit responding to things I say when the point is completely missing you.

I made fun of no one, I said it can make certain positions comical WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH YOU BEING SO EXCITED AT THE CHANCE TO BE OFFENDED.

just go away. please please please forget I exist and just dont see me when we cross paths.

I BEG YOU.

I didn't realize you felt this way. I'm sorry you formed this impression. Nevertheless, I will try my best to appease your demands.
  • cosoules
    Options
    I carry almost all of my extra weight in my stomach and in my face.... but I have wide hips, and not a ton of extra fat on my legs, and I have a small thigh gap even though I consider myself overweight.

It's not because I'm super thin, IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE A MASSIVE PELVIS.

Seriously... also there are a lot of guys who LOVE thighs that touch. I personally think it's really sexy to have thighs that touch....
  • heatherseeg
    heatherseeg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I weigh about 135 lbs, I have a small thigh gap. Its weird though, because it's not like my legs are super thin - there is just a little space between. If I get above 140, it goes away and they rub together. Its when I feel my thighs start to rub that I know I've put on weight. Feeling your thighs rub together is horrible!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    AHHH the never-ending gap thread!!!

SOMEONE BURY THE GAP PLZ

(yes the irony of my comment bumping this thread did escape me....)