What ppl do on MFP that bugs me.

Options

Replies

• DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Not trying to stir up controversy or anything, but it bugs me when people log their work, cleaning, or cooking in as exercise. MFP already takes all of those into account when you choose your normal daily activities. I know some people have really intense jobs that require a lot of heavy lifting or some cleaning such as yardwork (ie mowing the lawn) is a lot more intense than housework, so they log those as workouts. But when you are just cleaning around the house or at work, those are not workouts. They are just part of your everyday routine. You should only log them if you have sedentary as your setting. If you don't then only log REAL workouts.

/endrant

How does people logging everyday activites affect your life in any way again? Oh yeah it doesnt.....maybe you need a hobby to fill some of this free time you have.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The only thing that 'bugs' me about MFP is when people start disparaging their start weight.
    Because your start weight may be someone else's goal weight.

Or your start weight, might be my weight today (at midpoint), which I worked very hard for. So please don't talk about how 'disgusting' you were or moan about 'how I let myself go'. I would rather wake up feeling like my accomplishment is something to be proud of, rather than something that would've shamed you.

Your start weight is someone else's finishing weight.

YES. This exactly. I have seen quite a few people say how fat they feel at 5'7" and 165 or 170lbs... thanks, that's my goal weight. Drives.Me.Insane. Seriously?
    Get over it. Seriously?
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I am not bashing anyone at all.

Whether you meant to or not, it does come off as a little bashy. You certainly presented your way as the superior way in your OP. I'm not saying this to be mean... but any time someone starts a thread about what bugs them on an open forum... well... it becomes one giant bash session with each side trying to prove their way is the best way.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    so wait.. should i be logging ""alone time"" or not?
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    The only thing that 'bugs' me about MFP is when people start disparaging their start weight.

Or your start weight, might be my weight today (at midpoint), which I worked very hard for. So please don't talk about how 'disgusting' you were or moan about 'how I let myself go'. I would rather wake up feeling like my accomplishment is something to be proud of, rather than something that would've shamed you.

YES. This exactly. I have seen quite a few people say how fat they feel at 5'7" and 165 or 170lbs... thanks, that's my goal weight. Drives.Me.Insane. Seriously?

People are allowed to feel how they want about their bodies without it having to be about you. And 165 170 is overweight for 5'7 people are allowed to not feel happy in their skin even if their body just happens to be your goal weight. Once again its not ALL ABOUT YOU
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not trying to stir up controversy or anything, but it bugs me when people log their work, cleaning, or cooking in as exercise. MFP already takes all of those into account when you choose your normal daily activities. I know some people have really intense jobs that require a lot of heavy lifting or some cleaning such as yardwork (ie mowing the lawn) is a lot more intense than housework, so they log those as workouts. But when you are just cleaning around the house or at work, those are not workouts. They are just part of your everyday routine. You should only log them if you have sedentary as your setting. If you don't then only log REAL workouts.

/endrant

You must live a pretty stress-free life if this bugs you enough to write a whole post about it.
  • harpgohard
    harpgohard Posts: 65
    Options
    I am not bashing anyone at all.

Whether you meant to or not, it does come off as a little bashy. You certainly presented your way as the superior way in your OP. I'm not saying this to be mean... but any time someone starts a thread about what bugs them on an open forum... well... it becomes one giant bash session with each side trying to prove their way is the best way.
    Right right, I knew some people were going to take what I'm saying the wrong way.
    But I take everyone's opinion into consideration. I'm not fighting to prove I'm right. Just giving my opinion.
    In fact some of people's replies have changed how I thought about it a little.
  • rml_16
    Options

My best friend is 5'7" and at 165 or 170 pounds, she's would not be what I would call thin. And she has a pretty large frame. She looks best around 130-140.
  • harpgohard
    Options

/endrant

You must live a pretty stress-free life if this bugs you enough to write a whole post about it.
    I like writing and getting my opinion out. Nbd.
    Thanks for your insight xx
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Oh well. To each their own.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    What bugs me is when people b!tch and complain about what other people do. Who eff'n cares? Just sayin'
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options

/endrant

How do you know those that are logging it don't have sedentary as their setting?
  • rml_16
    Options

/endrant

I like writing and getting my opinion out. Nbd.
    Thanks for your insight xx

Me, too. My opinion is you are very rude.
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do what I want, and I dgaf if it bugs you. If you don't like it, delete the friend. This is the internet. You control your interactions. Get yourself set up with a friends list of like-minded individuals and go forth and be happy so you don't have to post passive-aggressive forum rants.

^^agree. I personally dont log in cleaning buuut Its none of anybodies business what anyone else logs or not. Who cares if theyre cheating themselves as long and ur not cheating yourself it shouldnt matter. Sometimes just gettin up and doing something is a big accomplishment for some people. Heres what really bugs me when u have all the know it alls on this site telling everybody else what to do and not to do. How to eat and what not to eat. Who cares if one of ur friends nets 1200 as long as it isnt u stop stressin yourself. Heres a little bit of no it all info...stress causes belly fat! To each their own what works for u might not work for them. This site is supposed to be motivational not critical. That my friends is what really bugs me and my rant for the day.
  • harpgohard
    Options

/endrant

How do you know those that are logging it don't have sedentary as their setting?

Right, I realized that.

"" if you have sedentary as your setting then I understand if you log it. If it is heavy duty activity, then log it. If you go for a walk, then log it. If your calorie intake is low, ie 1200, which should be the very lowest it should be in the first place, then log it. But do you think cleaning around the house is going to help you get guns, no. It won't do much change to your body at all. ""
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Since I don't know everyone's life story, I'll just live and let live. As some others have said, anything is better than nothing.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I know it might sound harsh, but if it works for someone, why should you care what they log? If they aren't losing and they are coming to you asking for help, that would be the time to point out what you have issues with, but until then, none of your business, IMHO.

Personally, I have logged cleaning, mowing (sometimes 1000+ calories in one day), gardening, etc. Does my daily activity level take those things into account? Nope, sure doesn't. I started out as sedentary on here...was pegged at just north of 1200 calories and was starving all the time. Finally upped my level to lightly active to net close to my BMR. And I'm sorry, if I'm eating at my BMR and busting my chops, I not only want those calories, I need them! Otherwise I am one :mad: :explode: person. Nuff said! :wink:
  • harpgohard
    Options
    I know it might sound harsh, but if it works for someone, why should you care what they log? If they aren't losing and they are coming to you asking for help, that would be the time to point out what you have issues with, but until then, none of your business, IMHO.

Personally, I have logged cleaning, mowing (sometimes 1000+ calories in one day), gardening, etc. Does my daily activity level take those things into account? Nope, sure doesn't. I started out as sedentary on here...was pegged at just north of 1200 calories and was starving all the time. Finally upped my level to lightly active to net close to my BMR. And I'm sorry, if I'm eating at my BMR and busting my chops, I not only want those calories, I need them! Otherwise I am one :mad: :explode: person. Nuff said! :wink:

Completely agree! Great for you! :)
  • harpgohard
    Options
    Kisses to all of you!!
    ;* ;*;*

xxxxxxxx
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I could care less what other people do on MFP as far as logging and stuff. It is there life...they know what they are doing. SMH