"It's SIMPLE! Burn more than you consume!" (B.S.)

Options
167891012»

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have Radiohead tickets.

Seems you've had these tickets for a while now. When's the show? :wink:
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    There is more to wealth-building than capital in+capital out. I have been saving and investing for years! Yesterday I invested in a new TV, and today I invested in some awesome Cajun food. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 6 MONTHS AND AM STILL NOT RICH. Obviously the save+invest crowd are wrong. It is way more complicated than that.
  • susiesweets
    Options
    Sounds like you're frustrated and I'm right there with you. I can't seem to get a handle on my weight but I haven't plateaued yet. I'm only just beginning my 2nd week. I do know it's coming and I dread it with a passion. My thoughts are with you and I hope the scales start to turn for you soon and the pounds begin to drop again. :flowerforyou: Good Luck and Damn girl... Zumba is hard congrats on being an instructor! You must be burning those calories like mad!
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wow - OP I think you need to go back and read your original post - pretty snotty....but you seemed to expect a positive response?? Grandma always said "you get back what you put out there" All the posts I read on here seem very positive and helpful, I guess you just bring out the worst in us :)
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Exactly. People also keep speaking about everyone posting different opinions, but that is the reason I read the post. I want to learn different ideas. There is not a right or wrong answer most times. If it frustrates you to hear different opinions don't post and don't read posts. Now that's simple. No sarcasm here. Just me trying to give my unsolicited advice the nicest way possible. :)
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people just need to hear I know what your going through instead of judgement. I think that's what the OP was hoping for and many who posted in response missed that. Weight loss is frustrating and MFP should be place where you can feel supported and encouraged not beaten down, even if you disagree with someone's methods.
  • acar414
    acar414 Posts: 19
    Options
    For the record - I'm not a Troll - I never have been and I never will be. HOWEVER - if someone is going to be nasty in reply to something I've posted, I'm of a mind to make a snarky response. Call it a defense mechanism because, believe it or not I'M A REAL LIFE PERSON! There is a flesh and blood HUMAN BEING typing these words that actually has feelings and emotions. If you're going to be an a**hole enough of a person to belittle me or what I'm saying just for fun - I'm not going to feel bad about doing in return.

I posted this original message out of frustration and venting. If you're SO bothered by it that you have to post a nasty reply just to feel superior to me - go ahead! I hope it made you feel better, because you really haven't affected me in the slightest. I'm still as frustrated as I was when I first posted this (with regards to my weight loss or lack thereof). But you certainly haven't made me feel like less of a person - just made me think less of you as one.

So - enjoy that. I hope that all works out well for you.

It's "not affecting you" yet you feel the need to respond to all the "snarky responses" by being nasty yourself? Talk about being a hypocrite.
  • gretta987
    gretta987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My my. Sure, the OP probably knew she was going to get responses anyway, and was venting... I don't think there's anything wrong with people reacting negatively (for example, emphatically disagreeing with her) but the people who reacted somewhat inhumanely (for example, hurling personal and cruel insults... "talking to bricks"??? seriously?!?!)

I am relatively new to MFP and I am basically terrified of these forums. It seems people are so cruel when they can be so anonymously without the consequence of it reflecting poorly upon them in their "real" lives.

Some of the things I've read on here... wow. just.... wow.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For most people it is a simple case of burning more than you eat. However thyroid problems can result in a person not losing weight easily despite exercising, eating right and accurately working out calories in V calories out. Usually once treated you will start to lose again.

I used to really struggle to lose weight when my thyroid first went wrong and had mobility problems leaving me in wheelchair. I got up to 16st but even then once they got levels right and the chronic fatigue ended I slowly started losing despite not been able to move anywhere near as much as people on here do!

My condition includes involuntary muscle movement which has become more pronounced in the last year but still I've only lost 3 stone in the year when many are managing to lose 4st or more in couple of months. I'm on maximum dose of thyroxine.

I haven't lost in the last 2 months but I'm at least relieved its proving equally as hard for me to re-gain it (not that I want to!) so hoping this will help me keep weight stable throughout menopause I'd still like these last 3 lbs off though!

I think it's not always as simple as calories in V calories out but I'd say you have to have a fairly complex medical issue going on for that to apply?
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I feel the same way, if it were that simple we'd all be how we want to be. When you only need to lose a few pounds and have exercised a lot for many years you really have to step it up to change your body, with something something completely different.
    its sad I joined this site almost a year ago and the message boards have got more and more snarky and aggressive. Surely everyone can empathise with the OP ? I'd like to see the moderators being a bit stricter with the people who get quite personal about their responses, really if you don't like a post why answer it anyway?
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters -

This thread is being locked and will be deleted in the near future, as it is not in the spirit of the MFP Community Guidelines which support a mutually respectful sharing of information, opinions and experiences in the forums.

Posters can disagree, but posts need to be free of insults and personal attacks. If you see a post that you believe violates the posted guidelines, please use the Report Post link so that an MFP moderator can review and take action, if necessary. Please do not respond to insults with more insults. The guidelines prohibit insulting posts, even if in self-defense or the defense of others.

Please review the following guideline:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You can review the guidelines in full here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With Respect,
    _Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.