Any ladies out there my height? I'm 5' 7 1/2" (5'7"-5'8")?

Options
Just curious to know what your goal weight is. I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants here. I don't know what an appropriate goal weight would be for me. Probably won't know till I get there, but I am a curvy mama with a big chest, hips and thighs. Hoping to slim down in those areas and tone my abs and arms. Right now I'm really just running, so I could use some good arm exercises and ab exercises. I bought am 8lb free weight for my arms but really only know 1-2 strength training exercises. Help!

Thanks!

24286528.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm not a female nor in that height range. However, as a weight goal I've been referring to the BMI chart. For women, 5'7" is "healthy" between 120-155.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    right now I am looking to be between 150-160. When I get there, things might change, I still have a long way to go.
  • spider1968
    spider1968 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am the same height, My goal was originally 135 lbs then I made it to 130. I have since put @ 8 lbs back , just let old habits sneak back in...too much chocolate! haha. I am back on track now. I find I am healthier at 135. I My thighs and stomach are the first too show weight, definitly NOT chesty! haha Feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • AngelaApperley
    Options
    I'm exactly that height. I hit 155 this week and could be happy there. I will still try for 150.
  • Seraphelle7786
    Seraphelle7786 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 183 pounds, and I am looking to get to 135 or so, back to where I was before kids! I am however on the curvy side as well!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    right now I am looking to be between 150-160. When I get there, things might change, I still have a long way to go.

Same here.^^^
  • doulanik
    doulanik Posts: 84
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my first goal is 155 (pre-baby weight) but my ultimate goal is 130-135. I am also a curvy woman, but I carry a ton of weight in my stomach and hips/thighs. Feel free to add me if you like! :D
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and my goal weight is 110 pounds, but I have a really small frame and look awful at 130.
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a goal of 18% body fat. I'm currently 138 and still looking to drop about 5 or so pounds.
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    Check out the Look Better Naked exercise plan. I am finding the feather weight training extremely effective AND it only takes 25-35 minutes. :-) Its a great toning work out.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and currently 183lbs. Have set my goals at 1st (14lbs) at a time, but would really like to get down to 140lbs as I was that weight just seven years ago (I'm 38) and I know it suits me (I've got a fairly small frame).

I've just started C25K and tried the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD today - lots of strength moves and I'm sure my arms will kill me tomorrow! Hoping that this, combined with running and hiking will give me a good overall workout.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    5'8 130-135 not sure when I get closer I'll reevaluate I may end up going to 125 but I don't think i could go much further than that without looking sickly. But at that point I would be focusing more on body fat that a number on the scale tbh
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 154. I think it all depends on your build though, In the past when I've dropped below that I've looked gaunt so everyone's different.
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'7", and my goal weight is between 135-140. I have a medium build, and right now I'm at 154.7 (started at 177). I went by the BMI chart. Hope this helps :)
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", I started my weight loss journey at 170-175, now I am at 150-155. My goal weight is 135. I will be okay with 140 if my BF% is around 18-20%. Please feel free to add me for support!
  • CDHolloway
    Options
    Hello....I am 5'7" 170 lbs and I am trying to get to 155 by next month.
  • gina1971
    gina1971 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5' 7 1/2". My goal right now is 154. Once I get there then I will decide if I should go lower.
  • lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
    I am the same height and am aiming for 160lbs which is the upper end of the scale for my build (I have a large frame and broad shoulders) Like the others I am going to get there and then see how I feel. 40lbs seems to be a number that I feel I can achieve so I am just focussing on that for now. Trying to do at least 30 mins of cardio a day and adding in some strength (focussing on my arms at the moment) Good Luck! Hopefully we can both be successful on our journeys!
  • Flaming_Reef
    Flaming_Reef Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My 5'7" and pre-kids. My goals weight is 125. But I don't look too shabby at a decently toned135 right now either.
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I'm 5'8

43yrs old

At goal: 130-134 lbs
    20.5%BF (per BodPod)

Average 1850 "Net" Calories per week
    Hot Power Yoga 3x per week, Jog 2x per week