Any ladies out there my height? I'm 5' 7 1/2" (5'7"-5'8")?

Options

Replies

• ashleygx26
    ashleygx26 Posts: 140
    Options
    I am 5'8". I started out at 210... I am now down to 150. My original goal was 160, once I hit 160, I made another goal of 150. Now that i am at 150, I am still not happy with my appearance. I am still WAY too flabby, so I have a FINAL goal of 145-140.

If there is anyone out there with similar goals or a similar height looking for friends PLEASE add me. I am always looking for people who share my goals.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same height, bottom heavy (ROUND bum with the hips to match)
    My goal is around 160ish (give or take 5 lbs)
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 5'7" my current weight is 185 (I started at 205)...my goal weight it 160, for now! I would really like to be 150-155. That is how much I weighed when I got married 24 years ago. I am 45...feel free to add me!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Didn't go through the whole thread so don't know if it was mentioned BUT: mybodygallery.com <-- check it out. Very helpful in choosing a goal weight.

I'm 5'7 and I'm aiming for 135-145.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    For those of you who posted the link to mybodygallery...thanks! In my head I'm so much bigger but when I put in my info pics of girls come up who strangely look like me in photos, imagine that! It's hard to change the image of yourself in your mind after you lose weight (at least for me, anyway).
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height! I don't really have a goal weight, just want to feel good about my body and be really strong. Small weights aren't going to do a whole lot besides give you better endurance. Maybe look into New Rules of Lifting for Women or even Starting Strength? I love SS! Compound lifts are where it's at.
  • robinmltn
    robinmltn Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh between 133 - 135. I'm looking to just get down to 128-130 (trying to drop a little more body fat) but then I want to put on muscle so I won't be surprised if my weight increases then. :) It's nice seeing all these people who are relatively the same height and seeing what our goals are!
  • wlm77
    wlm77 Posts: 1
    Options
    You can also try the Jillian Michael"s video's .... they are great... They seem easy but once u try u at times want to give up.... u feel the burn for sure. Ripped in 30 is the one I am doing right now.. and its fun each week is something new. I started out 210 I am down to 180... but I have not been on this site for long and have only lost 3 lbs so far.. Good Luck oh and its fun doing the videos with friends :)
  • JilleBean82
    JilleBean82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7 and wanted to be back to 125, but i've stopped worrying about the number. I used to weigh myself obsessively, and now I go off of inches lost and how my clothes fit and how I feel overall. Try to remember its just a number, not who you are! :)
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am your height and I weigh 165. I have been taking strength training classes through my local YMCA that really
    has helped with muscle definition. I am currently at my goal weight I think. I am going to stay her for awhile and
    see how I feel. I am going to focus on strength and toning and not so much about losing. I am a size 10 and
    and i am a size medium top. I fit into a size 8 Jennifer Lopez pair of shorts today. Even though I weigh about 10-15lb more than
    I was in high school I never had this much muscle definition and I was never a size 10.
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 185. I have broad shoulders, and wide hips. I am looking to get down to 145/150. I think I would look sickly at anything less. I'm so tired of obsessing over the numbers so I want to start focusing on eating clean and working out more and hope for the best.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and my goal is 145 and toned. But I'm thinking I might stop at 150ish. I found a picture of me at 145 and I don't think I want to be that skinny(on my body it's a size 4/6). So my current plan is to shoot for 145 but have an open mind after 160 and review.
  • vanillaeclare
    Options
    Wed 06/13/12 02:46 PM
    Check out the Look Better Naked exercise plan. I am finding the feather weight training extremely effective AND it only takes 25-35 minutes. :-) Its a great toning work out.

Thank you! I've never heard of that. I'll check it out.
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    well i'm 5'6 1/2 and my goal weight is 140
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    im 5'7" and my goal weight is 125! maybe 120 if im not happy at 125. I was 125 all through high school and loved my body, now im at 155+ which does not look good on me! :]
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". Goal weight is 150-155. Minigoal is 165.
  • vanillaeclare
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I'm shooting for 145 because I don't know any better.

Me too! Lol! I have a larger build so I think that 145 is healthy, but I would like to take a look at my BMI and try to get a bit lower as some others suggested. I would die to have mildly defined abs, arms, and legs.
  • vanillaeclare
    Options
    I'm 5"8.5, currently weigh 185ish, started at 241lbs and my goal weight is to get to about 170. lost 56lbs since last year (few days away from the big 365) I'm currently maintaining my weight as I've basically not really been able to lose anything for a few months. Doctor suggested maintaining for 6 months then going for the last 15lbs so that's me. I know my ultimate goal is higher than most this height but that weight in my opinion would suit my body shape, will be easier for me to maintain, plus I like my butt!

Congrats on all your weight loss!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm a tad over 5'7. My goal is155. I have dropped below that in the past and actually looked too skinny. But i am also large framed - broad shoulders, big boobs, LOL.... So everyone is differnt, but this thread probably gives you ideas. Oh, and I'm 49 yrs old. I have 10 lbs to go, and it likes to hang on. :smooched: good luck!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8, high weight was 252, current weight is 177. My goal weight is 150. I weighed 140 in high school, but that took quite a bit of dedication to achieve/maintain, so I think 150 would be more reasonable for me right now.