Options
    bump
  • heatherk72
    heatherk72 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yum and thanks!
  • lindseymaekeller
    Options
    has anyone tried this with soy noodles? Or anything a little lower carb? I am carb heavy for breakfast, so I try to make lunch/dinner a bit lower.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    MMMmmm
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Looks great - thanks!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm glad people are enjoying this recipe still.

You can also try this or something similar with spaghetti squash. It tastes pretty good. I have substituted the PB2 for almond butter on occasion, higher calories but gives it a nice peanut flavor.

If you want to make your own pad thai sauce you can use this recipe:

1-tbsp chili garlic sauce
    4-tbsp fish sauce
    2 tbsp white wine vinegar
    1.5 tsp crushed red pepper (if you like it spicy)
    optional: dash or cayenne pepper, lime juice, additional sweeter.
  • kmburne
    kmburne Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow this looks great, my son and I are trying it this evening.
  • kmburne
    kmburne Posts: 21
    Options
    I made this tonight with rice noodles it was great. Thank you so much.
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yum! I am cooking this for dinner friday night!
  • Jess3742a
    Jess3742a Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just made this tonight for dinner with shrimp and bean sprouts- SO good! Thanks for posting! :)
  • veggie909
    Options
    bump
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've been making Pad Thai with 20 calorie Vietnamese noodles (tapioca sticks; the ones I have are called Hu Thiu Dai My Tho). The noodles are made of tapioca flour only; there are similar noodles made of tapioca and rice flour that are 10X the calories, so label reading is crucial!

To prep the noodles, I put them in a bowl and cover them with boiling water, then cover the bowl with a plate or lid. The noodles soften up in about 15 minutes, and I then drain and rinse them with cold water.

I much prefer the texture and flavor of the tapioca noodles to shirataki. Any of you who have access to an Asian market with a good selection of Vietnamese foods should check them out! They're dried noodles, so you'll find them near the rice noodles and bean threads.

To the OP thanks for the recipe as a another Poster said some of what you have in the recipe I do not know where to find in Europe. The Vietnamese Noodles Tapioca sticks sounds like something I would like to try. Do you know if the Vietnamese Noodles can be purchased online?

I do use the Shirataki Noodles and love them when they are rinsed well and dry fried until moisture is gone.

I had the Shirataki Noodles for lunch today in a home made Pork sweet and sour Stir fry with pineapple and it was so good! I used Angel Hair pasta which is my favorite it has no calories or carbs.
  • codexica
    codexica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I am making this as soon as I get back home from winter vacation...
  • Aljos
    Aljos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yumyumyum. thanks.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jennyafur
    jennyafur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's a keeper. Yum!
  • slprout
    slprout Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    delicious!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing. I've always liked Thai food and just today I was wondering how I'd be able to create a Thai dish with shirataki noodles. I also really want to try and spicy lime and coconut curry with the noodles. The pics look really good!
    I definately don't think this recipe would be as good with the '0' cal shirataki noodles, the tofu ones are a lot better flavor and texture wise for dishes like this.

Thanks for posting, I hope I can try it soon!
  • mrjasper25
    Options
    Sounds great. Thnx