yum, thanks!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump looking for something good to eat!
  • free8gent
    free8gent Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been making Pad Thai with 20 calorie Vietnamese noodles (tapioca sticks; the ones I have are called Hu Thiu Dai My Tho). The noodles are made of tapioca flour only; there are similar noodles made of tapioca and rice flour that are 10X the calories, so label reading is crucial!

To prep the noodles, I put them in a bowl and cover them with boiling water, then cover the bowl with a plate or lid. The noodles soften up in about 15 minutes, and I then drain and rinse them with cold water.

I much prefer the texture and flavor of the tapioca noodles to shirataki. Any of you who have access to an Asian market with a good selection of Vietnamese foods should check them out! They're dried noodles, so you'll find them near the rice noodles and bean threads.

Wow this recipe sounds amazing! I am not sure where to find the noodles, but I think these tapioca noodles may be easier to find around here. Thanks all!!

Edit: There are seaweed-like "noodles" that are very popular in China and are likely available in Asian markets around the world. They are long strips of a plant from the sea, but the texture is meatier than seaweed and is actually quite close to that of a noodle. It can be in water for a long time and won't become soggy life seaweed. I don't know the name, but they are common ingredient in Chinese hotpot and should be quite easy to find in an Asian market. Definitely a great low-calorie alternative to noodles.
  • dmprice17
    dmprice17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious, thanks for sharing.
  • xxSjayxx
    xxSjayxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yum!
    When I finally source these noodles ill be giving this a red hot go!
  • stephmcguire
    Options
    Cant wait to try!!!:smile:
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I LOVE PAD THAI!
  • chevysarah
    Options
    Yumyumyumyum!! I love Pad Thai! This is going to be great!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    very nice recipe! have you tried any of the other Shirataki noodles? been looking into the 0 cal ones specifically, but ive read so many mixed reviews. some people claim its the best thing since sliced bread, while others are gagging at the smell and tossing it.

any input is appreciated!
    [/quot

LOVE my shirataki noodles! RINSE RINSE RINSE... you get past the initial smell... they are so AWESOMETASTIC!!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    that sounds wonderful!
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Love pad thai
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! I'm vegetarian (trying to be vegan), so I figure I can replace the chicken with tofu (easy). But what to replace the eggs with???
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for posting this!!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! I'm vegetarian (trying to be vegan), so I figure I can replace the chicken with tofu (easy). But what to replace the eggs with???

You don't need to replace the eggs just leave them out. I plan on making a tofu scramble with crumbled firm tofu.
  • CassieLino
    Options
    This looks and sounds amazing! Thanks for the recipe. :)
    Just wanted to quote you because of the glyphs xD Provehito in Altum! hehe

To the original poster...bless you! :') Can't wait to try this out!
  • judiiiiindisguise
    judiiiiindisguise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bumb
    thanks!!!