The Dumb@ss Things People Say...

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    The people that STILL advocate for HCG. Just saw this the other day, sickening.

So......can someone be a doll and pass the pregnant chick pee? thanks.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    My doctor using the BMI scale to determine my fitness. level and telling me that at 30.6 I was obese and needed to lose weight. I'm 5'4 and weigh 171. And not listening to me tell her i am working out 6 days a week from 30 to 60 min each day and am in a size 8. Frustrating

F**k "BMI" ... according to "BMI" a woman who is 5'1 and ripped such that you could bounce quarters off of her 6-pack is "morbidly obese" pursuant her "height to weight" ratio.

I would like to find the c**kstain that penned "BMI" and beat them to death with their own feet.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    -- Obese and severely overweight people telling me that I can eat whatever I want in moderation when I know that certain foods tend to make me pig out. The reason I've maintained my weight is by NOT exercising moderation.

-- Obese and severely overweight people telling me it's all about willpower. "It's worked well for you," I want to respond.

-- In a conversation about exercise that I am sure I did not start, an obese woman telling me that grooming her pet was exercise after I'd discussed running.

-- The uneducated evocation of the term "starvation mode" ... I will say no more.

In some ways, weight loss discussions remind me of political discussions in the U.S.: They're very dumb. The participants often lack basic information and they are insensitive to nuance and they oversimplify and generalize everything to the point where it's nonsense.

You mean brushing my doggie is not burning mega calories? jeez people!

Power Brushing.

She was INDIGNANT when I looked surprised that she was using doggy brushing as an example of intense exercise.

Maybe for her it was a workout?
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The negative posts about hating people that rant. Isn't that a rant in itself?

This one for sure!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Two words... Thigh gap :angry:

This! I never knew a "thigh gap" issue existed until coming here. That is probably the most asinine debate I've ever seen here.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Anytime I go to the doctor and they look at me and say "I honestly don't know what's wrong with you, but it doesn't look good".......
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Any reference to rolls of fat as being "curvy" - that drives me nuts.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    People who ask questions about how to log cooking, cleaning, gardening, driving, etc. Seriously? Are you that "anti" just getting a good old fashioned workout?
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Two words... Thigh gap :angry:

This! I never knew a "thigh gap" issue existed until coming here. That is probably the most asinine debate I've ever seen here.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Rants like "I hate people who......"

- Continue to eat crap and cry when they don't lose weight
    - Log house cleaning as exercise
    - Can't count to 20, even when using their toes
    - Can't figure out when to use 'lose' or 'loose'
    - Don't understand ME and MY needs (it's all about me, after all)
    - Think trolls aren't people, too

I have a question about the house cleaning issue. I can understand not logging general straightening up or a spot vacuum of your living room. However, once per week, I do a heavy duty, top to bottom cleaning of my house. We're talking vacuuming including edge cleaning and pulling out the furniture from the wall to clean behind it, stripping down all the beds and remaking them, scrubbing the baseboards, cleaning the ceiling fans, sweeping/scrubbing the tile and hardwood floors, scrubbing the shower/tub, etc... It takes HOURS of hard work to do all of that, my heart rate is elevated, and I sweat as much or more than I do in my workouts. So why is it considered normal to log my workouts EVERY DAY, but foolish to log my heavy duty housecleaning ONCE PER WEEK on top of the workout I do for that day? I also don't get why it matters so much to you (not just you, but every other person on here who has expressed the same irritation) what other people are logging for exercise. It doesn't affect your weightloss/fitness, so why are you so frustrated by what someone else does? I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I'm genuinely baffled as to why this irritates so many people.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When I make the statement that I am against war, people have jump to the stupid assumption that I must be against our troops also. Nope I am against the dumbass who sent them over to begin with and the person who makes the stupid assumptions based on my beliefs, morals, standards. Ugggh and I get a lot of people shouting at me about my not ever using a stamp with a flag on it.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Muscles weighs more than fat...that drives me crazy, a pound is a pound people!!!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

- How do you all actually eat over 1500 calories? I get completely stuffed and can't eat any more (pay no attention that I am 300 lbs and have eated 3500+ calories per day for the last 5 years)

I LOVE THAT! Sometimes I actually think that to myself... "omg how I can I eat 300 calories more???" Then I giggle and remember how fat I am and how I got here. Then I eat my 300 calories like a good dieter.

I think most of the time they are just confused about "healthy" and "low calorie" and that they are not the same thing.
    being someone who posted about not managing to eat my full cals, I can say I could have made it up easily with "pie" and "beer" I was looking for healthy high cal food ideas ... as I think others who post this type of thing are looking for .... also my weight gain was not "food" related believe it or not there are ppl who dont binge eat but do gain .... its about cals in cals out not about binge eating ..... I gained due to a combo of stopping moving, drinking more beer and having the pill injection ..... not through eating ...

Drinking more beer will certainly make you gain weight. It's not magic, it's calories. That's like me saying I dealt with a year of PPD and hormonal imbalances and that's why I gained 100lbs. Um no, I gained the weight because while I was dealing with my issues I was taking in too many calories. Fat is fat is fat, no matter how you got there we all got there the same way, know what I mean?

And... why not just make a topic called "High Calorie Healthy Foods?" It gives off a better vibe than "OMG how can anyone eat 1500 cals a DAY???"
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I hate boob pics.... men really shouldn't do that! :smokin:
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't necessarily a dumb*** thing, it's more of an excuse. How many times have you heard people blame it on genetics? When it's definitely not a case of genetics
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Muscles weighs more than fat...that drives me crazy, a pound is a pound people!!!

I hate that one to. They were talking about that on some show I was watching last week. A pound is a pound. It is just that one is denser than the other.
  • gchutson
    Options
    Anytime I go to the doctor and they look at me and say "I honestly don't know what's wrong with you, but it doesn't look good".......

Many, many guidance counselors and principals said that to me as a child.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Oh! Another one...it's not something people say....but it does drive me crazy.

Progress pics in grimy underwear. If you're going to post a half-naked picture on the internet, at least make it something that doesn't look like it's about to fall apart.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    When someone says or writes something about his or her particular way of eating, such as primal/paleo, vegan/vegetarian, low carb, low fat - whatever and someone has to be a sarcastic *kitten* and ask why just to start an argument about how stupid that diet is and why his or her diet is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much effing better. Oh, I get in a twist just thinking about it. If a person truly wants to know the benefits (perceived or real) of a particular diet then great but just to get an opening to tell the other how stupid it is - NO.

AND I use the word "diet" here to describe a particular way of consuming food, not something one does just to lose weight.
  • gchutson
    Options
    Mine isn't necessarily a dumb*** thing, it's more of an excuse. How many times have you heard people blame it on genetics? When it's definitely not a case of genetics

Genetically speaking... I reaaaaally like cupcakes.
This discussion has been closed.