The Dumb@ss Things People Say...

Options

Replies

• JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The negative posts about hating people that rant. Isn't that a rant in itself?

God I hate when people rant about things in a forum. Like, this one time, this guy was ranting, I was like, "Hey guy, shut up and stop ranting." I then continued for 281 more posts about how annoying his ranting was...

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I saw this: "1200 cals a day should make you loose weight - thats about 800 less than norm. Carbs dont make you keep weight on. Hey, if you want fried foods - do them at home in a deep fryer and use healthy oils (you need them as well)"

And this person may say I'm eating deep fried foods and carbs, but I'm still FAT WHY!?
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    People who ask questions about how to log cooking, cleaning, gardening, driving, etc. Seriously? Are you that "anti" just getting a good old fashioned workout?

Okay, I can see how cooking and driving are a bit silly, but what if they're wanting to log gardening and cleaning (both of which can be major calorie burns) on top of their daily workout? Gardening and housecleaning aren't something you do EVERY day, so, to me, it makes sense to want to log it once or twice a week. I mean, if it's not something that's a part of your normal DAILY activity, what's wrong with logging it? Truly, your workouts are a daily activity (at least, they should be), but you don't have a problem with people logging that. Why is it so foolish to log heavy chores once per week in addition to your workout for that day?
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Oh! Another one...it's not something people say....but it does drive me crazy.

Progress pics in grimy underwear. If you're going to post a half-naked picture on the internet, at least make it something that doesn't look like it's about to fall apart.

So, you're saying racing-stripes make you look fatter? (Ha.)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    People obsessing over the terminology used to describe metabolic slow down annoy me no end.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options

- Log house cleaning as exercise

^^^ This. Why should it matter? You have no idea how big my house is, or what it takes to clean it. I have 5 kids, two dogs, two cats,and a busy life. My house is 3600 sq feet, 5 bdrm, 3.5 baths, mostly hardwood, tile and lots of windows. On my heavy cleaning days when I am scrubbing floors, deep cleaning bathrooms, doing the windows, you bet I count it. You are more than welcome to come clean it for me next week, if you want. This pet peeve of logging cleaning drives me crazy. It's hard work, people!!
  • ebony467
    ebony467 Posts: 15
    Options
    I never want to hear the words Starvation Mode ever again. Seriously. Go ask the kids in the Feed the Children commercials their opinion on starvation mode.

Also, if you weigh 100 pounds more than me, I don't want your advice or opinion. Nothing personal. I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic who can't drive and I won't go to a male gyno.

And has anyone else noticed how ABSOLUTELY BUTT HURT people get around here? It's like some people have replaced compulsive eating with compulsive whining, crying, and arguing with strangers on the internet.

Then there are the people who ask with help about diet or exercise, but then proceed to tell you about all the food they don't like and won't eat, and give you 50 BS reasons why they just can't work out. Ever. At all. Drives me absolutely bat$hit insane...

(I needed that rant I guess, thanks OP)
    Lol I know how you feel
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    People who ask questions about how to log cooking, cleaning, gardening, driving, etc. Seriously? Are you that "anti" just getting a good old fashioned workout?

I dont ask how to do it. But I do log in cleaning. This is because I absolutely hate doing dishes by hand, and if I get to count it as even a tiny bit of calories burnt, it helps to motivate me to do it. But that is definitely not the only exercise I do. I do jogging and things also.
  • gchutson
    Options
    The negative posts about hating people that rant. Isn't that a rant in itself?

God I hate when people rant about things in a forum. Like, this one time, this guy was ranting, I was like, "Hey guy, shut up and stop ranting." I then continued for 281 more posts about how annoying his ranting was...

I was being ironic... just for the record. ;)
  • gchutson
    Options

- Log house cleaning as exercise

^^^ This. Why should it matter? You have no idea how big my house is, or what it takes to clean it. I have 5 kids, two dogs, two cats,and a busy life. My house is 3600 sq feet, 5 bdrm, 3.5 baths, mostly hardwood, tile and lots of windows. On my heavy cleaning days when I am scrubbing floors, deep cleaning bathrooms, doing the windows, you bet I count it. You are more than welcome to come clean it for me next week, if you want. This pet peeve of logging cleaning drives me crazy. It's hard work, people!!

I think you should come clean my house too. That way you'll burn twice the calories.

What can I say. I'm a giver.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Okay, I can see how cooking and driving are a bit silly, but what if they're wanting to log gardening and cleaning (both of which can be major calorie burns) on top of their daily workout? Gardening and housecleaning aren't something you do EVERY day, so, to me, it makes sense to want to log it once or twice a week. I mean, if it's not something that's a part of your normal DAILY activity, what's wrong with logging it? Truly, your workouts are a daily activity (at least, they should be), but you don't have a problem with people logging that. Why is it so foolish to log heavy chores once per week in addition to your workout for that day?

Haha, you're really on this logging cleaning thing, aren't ya? I guess it just seems a bit desperate to get some extra calories in there. I feel like if cleaning my house gets me sweating more and my heart rate up more than my workouts, then I'm doing something wrong in my workouts. I mean, I work on a large university campus, and do a LOT of walking, but I don't count that. You can obviously do whatever you want, but for me, just seems silly.
  • JaySpice
    Options

2) Bump

Just for starters.

I'm new to forums...as in, been here for less than a week, and this already irks me :)

... What should be said instead?
  • gchutson
    Options
    I never want to hear the words Starvation Mode ever again. Seriously. Go ask the kids in the Feed the Children commercials their opinion on starvation mode.

Also, if you weigh 100 pounds more than me, I don't want your advice or opinion. Nothing personal. I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic who can't drive and I won't go to a male gyno.

And has anyone else noticed how ABSOLUTELY BUTT HURT people get around here? It's like some people have replaced compulsive eating with compulsive whining, crying, and arguing with strangers on the internet.

Then there are the people who ask with help about diet or exercise, but then proceed to tell you about all the food they don't like and won't eat, and give you 50 BS reasons why they just can't work out. Ever. At all. Drives me absolutely bat$hit insane...

(I needed that rant I guess, thanks OP)

Butt-Hurtedness is a rampant disease on all Internet forums. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that are CRAVING to be an "e-Victim."

"This forum made me sad. I'm going to sit here at my computer and continue to be repulsed by this forum, for hours-on-end."
  • beauty2323
    beauty2323 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    "You look like your losing weight.. don't stop going to the gym bc it's hard to get back at it!" - NO *kitten*!!:grumble:

"Don't lose too much weight!"- Umm don't tell me how much I should lose.

"Has the train or bus came?"- Would I be standing here if it did??!:indifferent:

"You make a lot of money for your age, you should be thankful you even have a job!" - NO *kitten*... I am thankful but if I'm not happy, I'm not happy. Money isn't going to bring me happiness. I want to have a career... not a job. I want to wake up everyday & not dread going to work!!!!

"You need to go back to college!"- Are you going to pay my freakn school bills, rent, etc... I don't qualify for any financial aid & it's tough out here. I want to go back to school but once I'm stable & ready I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

.......................... I could be here all day :laugh: but honestly it's too much stupid crap I here daily. Just laugh & never let anyone see you sweat. I use to be a confrontational person & now I realize its only a waste of time. I'm a happily married 22 year old & have way too much going for myself. My time is precious!

Love & Be loved :wink:
  • JaySpice
    Options

I was being ironic... just for the record. ;)

I know. Still gave me a pause.
  • jangriffiths
    Options
    Share some of the opinions, cliches, and myths that make you roll your eyes.

People posting in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" section something that clearly belongs in the Chit-Chat section.

People posting about "dumb@ss" things people say when those are genuine questions for people new to fitness.

Agreed - what a nasty thread...
  • gchutson
    Options

Haha, you're really on this logging cleaning thing, aren't ya? I guess it just seems a bit desperate to get some extra calories in there. I feel like if cleaning my house gets me sweating more and my heart rate up more than my workouts, then I'm doing something wrong in my workouts. I mean, I work on a large university campus, and do a LOT of walking, but I don't count that. You can obviously do whatever you want, but for me, just seems silly.

How do you log "pissing people off in forums?" I easily burn a solid 1000 calories a day doing that.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

How do you log "pissing people off in forums?" I easily burn a solid 1000 calories a day doing that.

HAHAHAHA! Love it! I think I'm going to count all this typing I'm doing as part of my exercise. Really gets the fingers moving...it's GOT to be at least 1 calorie per word, right?
  • gchutson
    Options
    HAHAHAHA! Love it! I think I'm going to count all this typing I'm doing as part of my exercise. Really gets the fingers moving...it's GOT to be at least 1 calorie per word, right?

I count 4 calories per word. Apparently, I'm really, really mean.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

I don't know that you're "pissing people off", but you are not being motivating nor supportive to all the people who ask these questions. It reminds me of another thread you started where you made fun of progress pics. Then you claim to be a "motivator". It would seem to me that you'd want to be more supportive to those who don't know as much as you or who are in as great physical condition as you are.....and I'm saying that sincerely. You probably have a lot of great advice to give and COULD be a good motivator.
This discussion has been closed.