What is the healthiest pizza I can buy from Domino's?

Options

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Is this post for real? Some people lack dedication...

is your post for real? some people lack perspective.

Yes it was for real; dedication, some people lack it.

What perspective do I lack since that's clearly directed towards me?

you seem to believe that eating something you enjoy is bad. unhealthy. well, it isn't. the only unhealthy food is one eaten in excess. moderation works. so I'm going to keep eating many of the things I've always had. just not as often and not as much of them. food is fuel? sure. but why not fuel my body with food I enjoy?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Ummm aren't you the same person that advised some girl to have cheat days/cheat meals to avoid binging- because you do it? (when she was eating under 1000 cals daily and having junk food in the AM so she could "burn it off during the day")???

I don't have an eating disorder or difficulties maintaining a healthy "diet", so what I do has nothing to do with what someone else does. I have a cheat meal/day because I can afford to have one, most people on this sight can't. So I stated that I have one to avoid the want to binge but that's coming from MY perspective where I'm already in great shape. Advice for myself and advice for someone else are totally different. So no I don't remember telling a girl to have a cheat day, I was probably talking about what I personally do and you took it out of context.

Also, are you stalking me or something? Pretty creepy that you're monitoring and memorizing my posts...

Busted! I am stalking you!

Or I just participated in that thread and I have a few brain cells to rub together. And I tend to make mental notes of whose advice not to trust.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    my bf used to be a manager for Dominos in williamsburg va and i can tell ya first hand that thin crust, light cheese no sauce and lotsa veg is the best way to go! i ate it many a times and its diary friendly and tasty. feta is the least fattening/cholesterol filled cheese they have and great with spinach, peppers and onions!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    God, what happened to MFP? Everybody is just so rude now. It wasn't like this a few years ago. Reminds me when a MFP pal cussed me out for eating chocolate cake once. Lovely~

Listen, if you want pizza from Domino's, that is your choice! And there is NOTHING wrong with having pizza for dinner. I admire the fact that you're looking for the 'healthiest' one, but what's wrong with having something so-called 'unhealthy' every now and then? If you want a ton of veggies and light cheese on your pizza, go for it. And if you don't, who cares?! You can fit it into your calorie goals, no problem. (And you end up going over your goals, you get back on track tomorrow!)

Having a few slices of even Domino's highest calorie/fat pizza for dinner WILL NOT KILL YOU.

Enjoy yourself. :)

You're right, it's great that she's at least looking for the healthiest option. That being said though, probably 95% of the people on these forums are trying to lose weight, so when someone says that they're going to give in and buy a pizza the members of this site should encourage her to stay strong and not give in to temptation. You know, actually helping each other reach their goals and stay on track with their diet. Instead, everyone wants to suggest some kind of pizza and further help a bad eating habit.

So I understand your point that it's just one bad meal and it won't kill you to do so. But for some people it only takes one cheat meal to lose sight of their goals and give up altogether.

thing is, I'm not dieting. I'm changing the way I eat. and I'm not going to go the rest of my life without pizza. so why not make it fit into my day if I want a piece of pizza. or two. or even three. guess what? I have ice cream most nights. I still eat pizza. I've visited KFC and burger king and subway recently. I'm still losing weight. I'm still losing inches. hell, in six months I've lost 7.6 percent body fat.

perspective. it's a cool thing.
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    God, what happened to MFP? Everybody is just so rude now. It wasn't like this a few years ago. Reminds me when a MFP pal cussed me out for eating chocolate cake once. Lovely~

Listen, if you want pizza from Domino's, that is your choice! And there is NOTHING wrong with having pizza for dinner. I admire the fact that you're looking for the 'healthiest' one, but what's wrong with having something so-called 'unhealthy' every now and then? If you want a ton of veggies and light cheese on your pizza, go for it. And if you don't, who cares?! You can fit it into your calorie goals, no problem. (And you end up going over your goals, you get back on track tomorrow!)

Having a few slices of even Domino's highest calorie/fat pizza for dinner WILL NOT KILL YOU.

Enjoy yourself. :)

You're right, it's great that she's at least looking for the healthiest option. That being said though, probably 95% of the people on these forums are trying to lose weight, so when someone says that they're going to give in and buy a pizza the members of this site should encourage her to stay strong and not give in to temptation. You know, actually helping each other reach their goals and stay on track with their diet. Instead, everyone wants to suggest some kind of pizza and further help a bad eating habit.

So I understand your point that it's just one bad meal and it won't kill you to do so. But for some people it only takes one cheat meal to lose sight of their goals and give up altogether.

You weren't supportive at all though. You were condescending and rude, and you should be ashamed of yourself. In all actuality, as far as nutrition goes, pizza is a wholesome and fairly balanced meal. You've got your grains, meats, dairy, fats, and veggies. I just don't understand how pizza gets such a bad rap.

I should be ashamed of myself? Hmmm okay.

Maybe I was rude, sometimes it takes someone being blunt for someone to get back on track. It has worked for me where someone has put me down for a decision I was about to make and I chose not to do so. So you can look at it as rude and condescending if you'd like, but I'll look at it as reverse psychology. Pizza is "wholesome" and "fairly balanced"? Sorry but you're mistaken. I don't consider high trans fat content with processed carb overload and low to moderate protein as "fairly balanced".
  • xTwK
    Options

Or I just participated in that thread and I have a few brain cells to rub together. And I tend to make mental notes of whose advice not to trust.

Do you really think I care whether you take my advice or not? Clearly what I preach has worked for me as well as my clients. So if you don't want to take it, I won't lose any sleep over you not meeting your goals because of your decision.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ummm aren't you the same person that advised some girl to have cheat days/cheat meals to avoid binging- because you do it? (when she was eating under 1000 cals daily and having junk food in the AM so she could "burn it off during the day")???

I don't have an eating disorder or difficulties maintaining a healthy "diet", so what I do has nothing to do with what someone else does. I have a cheat meal/day because I can afford to have one, most people on this sight can't. So I stated that I have one to avoid the want to binge but that's coming from MY perspective where I'm already in great shape. Advice for myself and advice for someone else are totally different. So no I don't remember telling a girl to have a cheat day, I was probably talking about what I personally do and you took it out of context.

Also, are you stalking me or something? Pretty creepy that you're monitoring and memorizing my posts...

So you are saying only the people in great shape should be able to eat pizza?
  • Sveid
    Sveid Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't feed the troll, guys.

Make sure you don't go over your calories and you'll be fine! :) And cold pizza is great. Nothing wrong with pizza as long you're under control with your diet. If you're confident with how you handle your lifestyle and exercise, then awesome. I'd go along with the other advice and get a pizza full of veggies. Dominos isn't the best place for pizza for my personally, but I am a sucker for their crust. >>

I get pizza from a local shop.

Anyway, yeah. Ice cream, pizza, whatever. I'm not going to completely deprive my body. I just need self-control over how MUCH I eat.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thin crust and stack veggies on it :)
  • xTwK
    Options
    thing is, I'm not dieting. I'm changing the way I eat. and I'm not going to go the rest of my life without pizza. so why not make it fit into my day if I want a piece of pizza. or two. or even three. guess what? I have ice cream most nights. I still eat pizza. I've visited KFC and burger king and subway recently. I'm still losing weight. I'm still losing inches. hell, in six months I've lost 7.6 percent body fat.

I'm just trying to make you be the healthiest version of yourself you can be. If you want to eat KFC and pizza then by all means continue to do so. Perspective is a cool thing, but so is realism, and realistically you're going to have a hard time getting to the 78.5 weight loss you desire and actually look how you want if you continue unhealthy eating habits. Calories matter as far as fat loss or gain is concerned, it's the macronutrients that decide what your body actually looks like at the end of the weight loss. A diet high in all those fatty foods will not result in the outcome you are hoping to get. That's some perspective that you should look at.
  • xTwK
    Options

Do you really think I care whether you take my advice or not? Clearly what I preach has worked for me as well as my clients. So if you don't want to take it, I won't lose any sleep over you not meeting your goals because of your decision.

Clients! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Laugh all you want, at the end of the day I don't have poor eating habits and an eating disorder, and I also see real results. Seems to me like some real insecurities in yourself are starting to show since you feel the need to belittle people.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

I'm just trying to make you be the healthiest version of yourself you can be. If you want to eat KFC and pizza then by all means continue to do so. Perspective is a cool thing, but so is realism, and realistically you're going to have a hard time getting to the 78.5 weight loss you desire and actually look how you want if you continue unhealthy eating habits. Calories matter as far as fat loss or gain is concerned, it's the macronutrients that decide what your body actually looks like at the end of the weight loss. A diet high in all those fatty foods will not result in the outcome you are hoping to get. That's some perspective that you should look at.

I'll get back to you when I get there.

(and I'm far from the only person on here eating good food, and many of them are pretty damn ripped. guess you don't have to be a member of the organic rainbow lettuce brigade to get healthy and look good, eh?)
  • xTwK
    Options

:laugh: Oh lordy. I feel sorry for whoever is paying to listen to him babble.

You're right, I'd hate to be the two current clients I have who I've successfully helped lose a combined 200+ pounds with regular exercise and HEALTHY eating habits. Sucks to be them that they've seen success.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Laugh all you want, at the end of the day I'm not the one with poor eating habits and an eating disorder. Seems to me like some real insecurities in yourself are starting to show since you feel the need to belittle people.

Rubber. Glue. Nanny nanny boo boo. :laugh:

For the record beans, I checked out your diary and it looks like you are far from an eating disorder. Way healthier than what I eat :)
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    There is no healthy pizza from Domino's.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Laugh all you want, at the end of the day I'm not the one with poor eating habits and an eating disorder. Seems to me like some real insecurities in yourself are starting to show since you feel the need to belittle people.

For the record beans, I checked out your diary and it looks like you are far from an eating disorder. Way healthier than what I eat :)

Thanks :) That's why I didn't take any of that nonsense seriously.
  • xTwK
    Options
    I'll get back to you when I get there.

(and I'm far from the only person on here eating good food, and many of them are pretty damn ripped. guess you don't have to be a member of the organic rainbow lettuce brigade to get healthy and look good, eh?)

When you have a lot of muscle you can eat a lot more healthier foods and continue to stay ripped, that's a privilege that is earned though through hard work, dedication, and healthy eating habits to start with. You don't have to eat organic to be healthy by the way even though I know you were be sarcastic.
  • xTwK
    Options

Thanks :) That's why I didn't take any of that nonsense seriously.

Too bad the eating disorder comment wasn't directed towards you, it was towards your sidekick.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We you order your pizza online from Dominoes, you can customize it and tell them how much of what you want on it.
  • xTwK
    Options

You're 29? Now that's embarrassing to act like you do at your age. Explains a lot about who you are.