What is the healthiest pizza I can buy from Domino's?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    This is a joke thread, yes? Pizza and healthy? Just because it is discounted you want to buy it?

Really?

Careful, that's exactly what I said about this thread and I got called a troll and was badgered by like 5 other people. You're a girl though so I doubt they will attack you like they did me if at all for that matter.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Make your own pizza, then it's already half the price and much healthier! Make your own dough if you have time (it's fun) or buy a THIN pizza base, spread on some tomato sauce (out of a jar is fine) and load it up with things like onion, olives, mushrooms, peppers and basil leaves. Leave off the meat and go easy on the cheese. Sprinkle some oregano on top. Tastes so much better. Don't know if you have Pizza Express in America (I'm assuming you're in America...) but they do a light pizza with a big hole in the middle filled with salad. They guarantee that the whole meal is 500 cals or under and it tastes really good. They even have a light wine with fewer calories to go with it! (I love Pizza Express - their kids' menu is also much healthier than most.)

No, here in the US we don't fill pizza with salad, we have pizza stuffed with hot dogs.
    hot_dog_pizza_crust_pizza_hut_620x350.jpg
    Interestingly enough, we also have an obesity epidemic.
  • jladyj
    jladyj Posts: 23
    Options
    If you don't buy one you save the other 50%.
  • ayeshakane
    ayeshakane Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    here in New Zealand we have the dominos less than 400 calories pizza. 4 slice's with loads of toppings and its about 350 cal for the whole thing
  • jladyj
    jladyj Posts: 23
    Options
    Make your own pizza, then it's already half the price and much healthier! Make your own dough if you have time (it's fun) or buy a THIN pizza base, spread on some tomato sauce (out of a jar is fine) and load it up with things like onion, olives, mushrooms, peppers and basil leaves. Leave off the meat and go easy on the cheese. Sprinkle some oregano on top. Tastes so much better. Don't know if you have Pizza Express in America (I'm assuming you're in America...) but they do a light pizza with a big hole in the middle filled with salad. They guarantee that the whole meal is 500 cals or under and it tastes really good. They even have a light wine with fewer calories to go with it! (I love Pizza Express - their kids' menu is also much healthier than most.)

No, here in the US we don't fill pizza with salad, we have pizza stuffed with hot dogs.
    hot_dog_pizza_crust_pizza_hut_620x350.jpg
    We also had this one in the UK.
    Interestingly enough, we also have an obesity epidemic.
  • kbubp
    kbubp Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I would disagree. Healthy from a chain? You may have a small quivering leg to stand on, but an absolute "no such thing" is just not true.

I suppose it depends on your definition of healthy. To me, all that bread is just garbage.
  • thomkat52
    thomkat52 Posts: 1
    Options
    The one with no crust, no sauce and no cheese...
  • kbubp
    kbubp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The one with no crust, no sauce and no cheese...

I could get with this. MEAT + MEAT + MEAT + MEAT.

I know, make yourself a bacon weave crust, then put poached eggs and Canadian bacon on top. cover in hollandaise.

PERFECT PIZZA.
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    MMmmmmmm ....Bacon....