Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• JNC87
    JNC87 Posts: 16
    Options
    hi everyone i hope its okay that i joined the group. i did W1D1 yeterday and it went great but im wondering what speed ppl are running or walking at? thanks!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Looks like most of my girls from the other thread are here....

Well, I started Week 2 last night and it was fantastic. I was nervous beforehand and it was great! I even upped my speed for the last run. I "danced" through my cool down walk. I can't wait to do it again. Anyone else on week 2?

Keep it up ladies! Nothing can stop us now. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Congrats!!!! Isn't it fun to feel yourself succeed :)
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    hi everyone i hope its okay that i joined the group. i did W1D1 yeterday and it went great but im wondering what speed ppl are running or walking at? thanks!

I run/jog slowwwwwwwwwwww. slow. It's faster than I walk, and I walk very fast, but it's only a little faster than that. :) It's what works for me. On Coolrunning.com it tells you to run slower than you think you can, and slower than you think you should. The speed comes, I suppose, as you gain fitness, and your muscles and joints get stronger.

But the key is to be comfortable at the speed you are going.

Glad you started!!!!
  • tswilliams5
    Options
    OK, I am SO not a runner, but this sounds like something I might be able to do. My daughter runs cross-country in High School, and I'd like to be able to at least TRY to keep up with her! I had a baby in May, and still need to lose 7 pounds to be back to pre-baby, but really need to lose about 20-25. That's my goal. So HERE WE GO!!!:smile:
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It is such a treat to come to this thread after running and see how everyone is doing.
    Welcome to all you newcomers, I'm glad you're here.
    Huge thanks to all of you who keep coming back offering words of encouragment. :flowerforyou:

W1D6 done.

I had another run-in with gravity today.
    I had just started my second run interval and was extremely thankful to be in an area where nobody was, as my shorts fell to my thighs :blushing: I must have turned a thousand shades of red. Anyhow, I ran all eight intervals except for the slight interruption.

Did some sit-ups and push-ups. Now its time to ride the bicycle.

Have a stellar day! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • mestisa77
    Options
    I just did day 1 of the couch to 5k plan. It was great. The podcast was awesome
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    OK, I am SO not a runner, but this sounds like something I might be able to do. My daughter runs cross-country in High School, and I'd like to be able to at least TRY to keep up with her! I had a baby in May, and still need to lose 7 pounds to be back to pre-baby, but really need to lose about 20-25. That's my goal. So HERE WE GO!!!:smile:

You honestly can do this! If I can do it, anyone can!!!!!

Just go slow and steady, that's all it takes! Glad you're here!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    It is such a treat to come to this thread after running and see how everyone is doing.
    Welcome to all you newcomers, I'm glad you're here.
    Huge thanks to all of you who keep coming back offering words of encouragment. :flowerforyou:

W1D6 done.

I had another run-in with gravity today.
    I had just started my second run interval and was extremely thankful to be in an area where nobody was, as my shorts fell to my thighs :blushing: I must have turned a thousand shades of red. Anyhow, I ran all eight intervals except for the slight interruption.

Did some sit-ups and push-ups. Now its time to ride the bicycle.

Have a stellar day! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Wait!!! That's GREAT!!!!!!!! I don't mean that someone could have gotten a free show, but that you've lost so much weight that your shorts fell! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

That is fantastic!!!!!! I'm cheering for you!!!

Then after you did your run you were off to more training! Impressive!!!!!! You have a great day too!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    I just did day 1 of the couch to 5k plan. It was great. The podcast was awesome

which Podcast did you use? I'm listening to Robert's techno one.
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Hey! Someone started a thread about another great and FREE program - "Hundred Pushups". I'm going to do it on my 'off' days. I was looking for some strength training that was Free and easy to do any time, and bingo - here it is!

Maybe some of you would like to join in there! It's for all levels, I'm going to be starting out doing girlie knee pushups, cause I can't do a real one. "YET!" :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64722-hundred-pushups-group-starting-today
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Everyone is doing great - let's go team!!

I moved on to W2 this week. I didn't think it would be that difficult, but I think I pushed my speed too much. I feel very sore. Of course, I may be stressing out over the soreness b/c I'm obsessed with not getting injured again:frown:

W2 D1 - DONE

Will definitely hit the ice right now and run slower D2. It is so tempting to push myself :grumble:

As for the shorts falling down - I wish MY shorts COULD fall off :laugh: Then I would know I'd lost some weight!!
  • caseyamber
    Options
    I finished W2D1 today and am feeling okay about it. I liked Suz's podcast for this week so I am looking forward to Wednesday so I can hear it again :happy:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I finished W2D1 today and am feeling okay about it. I liked Suz's podcast for this week so I am looking forward to Wednesday so I can hear it again :happy:

We are on the same schedule....I am on w2d1 right after work today....
  • kaylou
    Options
    I do have one question.....WHAT KIND OF UNDERWEAR?? my shorts are fine but jeeezzeee the underwear is creeping the whole time....I am sure they guy behind me on the track got a great 30 minute show.
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Smiles4Miles wrote:
    Week 3 ,Day 3 done.... Starting week 4, Day 1 on Tuesday.

How's the transition from week 3 to for been for others?

I just finished W3D1!!! Wow... I'm nearly afraid to say this because the transition between week 2 and week 3 was a LOT easier than between week 1 and week 2. I was so surprised!!!

I hear next week is a killer so I'll try not to be too exuberant!

To anyone not using a pod cast, I really recommend you download and use one. I'm borrowing my kid's MP3 player for it, I don't have one, but she's been gracious enough to allow me some space for these on there. :-) It makes all the difference in the world!

Gratz to everyone still plowing through this, I'm so proud to be a part of it!
  • SaraBelle
    Options
    I just finished this program, Good luck to those of you starting it. I am now working with the ipod training program for 10K!
  • kaylou
    Options
    I just finished this program, Good luck to those of you starting it. I am now working with the ipod training program for 10K!

that is awsome. Did you run in a 5k at the end. I am signed up for 2 mile "peace" race Oct 4th...I have never run in anything before in my life. I then plan on a 5k the first week of Nov. I just did w2d1 today.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do have one question.....WHAT KIND OF UNDERWEAR?? my shorts are fine but jeeezzeee the underwear is creeping the whole time....I am sure they guy behind me on the track got a great 30 minute show.

:laugh: That's a good question!! When I used to be a runner, most of my running shorts had built in undies - for the very reason you described. I know they also make undies specifically for running. However, right now, I am running in boy short style regular undies - no creeping whatsoever. :blushing: Here's a little TMI - thongs chafe, bikinis ride, but briefs, tanga or boy short style work for me. A breathable material is a must for me - I used to have moisture wicking fabric tangas for wearing under gym clothes.
  • kaylou
    Options

:laugh: That's a good question!! When I used to be a runner, most of my running shorts had built in undies - for the very reason you described. I know they also make undies specifically for running. However, right now, I am running in boy short style regular undies - no creeping whatsoever. :blushing: Here's a little TMI - thongs chafe, bikinis ride, but briefs, tanga or boy short style work for me. A breathable material is a must for me - I used to have moisture wicking fabric tangas for wearing under gym clothes.

Thanks for the info!!
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Finished w2 d1 yesterday...felt good, although my speed wasn't up to what it had been last week...made sure to stretch afterwards. Legs are tender but not really sore....

Belly dance class tonight...

Sherri