What foods do your co-workers eat?

Options
Erica27511
Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
Don't tell me I am alone in this. I was looking at a co-workers meal today and thinking "Do they even know how many calories are in there??!" She easily had 800-900 calories for breakfast alone. :noway:

Then I remember that was me a few months ago and start to feel bad for her. But, quickly I thought of how proud of myself I am and how far I have come.

What kind of stuff do your co-workers eat???

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I went to In-N-Out burger the other day with a couple. I just had an unsweetened tea since I brought food to work. One had a double meat double cheese with fries and a shake, the other had a double-double and fries. Yes, that's 4 patties of meat and 4 slices of cheese. It was huge. I bet it was at least 1,000 calories for the burger alone.
  • Erica27511
    Options
    Whoa! NOM NOM NOM
    lol
  • _Stampede_
    _Stampede_ Posts: 66
    Options
    My co-worker has been on "the atkins" for years. For lunch he eats approximately a 1/2 pound of cheese, 1/2 pound of lunchmeat, and a couple celery sticks. His weight loss is currently on hold.
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Stampede-maybe we should check his cholesterol!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My co-workers eat the Schwann's pre-made meals...cheeseburgers, pizzas, and most definately the hot pocket type things. Every. Day.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Haha. I'm trying to eat healthy too, but with my line of work most of the guys (and women) having higher calorie foods or quick and easy foods makes sense. But it's funny to see just how much of their foods are buy it, throw it the lunch box, and go especially since I'm use to actually making my lunch (even if somedays it's just a sandwhich). However there is one guy who eats only a salad for lunch and then peanuts or some sort of trail mix, beef jerky, something snack... all I ever think is "How is that ENOUGH for you!?". He's ont super skinny either cause he tends to drink his calories (beer) after work - but still!

But it's hard to be healthy around people who don't care as much but it's funny what you start to notice!
  • Lup120
    Lup120 Posts: 31
    Options
    Pretty much everyday a couple of my co-workers get their lunch at the Chinese place down the street and they get the lunch special which is appetizer, soup, entree and egg roll. Then they always complain about how they need to lose weight. I always shake my head at that, internally of course, I do not like to comment on others people eating habits unless specifically asked.

Then they always comment on my soup and sandwich I bring and comment on how healthy I am being. I hate when they do that, I have food issues so I do not like it when people comment/talk about what I eat. So I always try and shut them down politely when they do but they do not get the hint.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    carls jr.... pizza.... deli....etc etc ...they try convincing me daily that going to the gym isnt worth anything if i dont have anything to work off. i work with all men. they are all chubs. and i can probably beat them all up.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've ever looked at my coworker's food choices with much thought...
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My willpower is not that great, so it takes a LOT of effort on my part to eat my packed-at-home lunch when my co-workers order Chinese takeout or cheeseburgers and fries. I feel like every day I get through the lunch hours without getting takeout is a personal victory.
  • Erica27511
    Options
    Once a week, a vendor we work with brings bojangles chicken biscuits and another vendor brings everyone in the office a king size bag of M&M's every Tuesday.... :grumble:
  • _Stampede_
    _Stampede_ Posts: 66
    Options
    Another one of my co-workers constantly brings in Popeye's chciken and biscuits. I typically curse him, then start gnawing on my desk. Nothing like downing a protein shake while smelling fried chicken :grumble:
  • Kimberlybett
    Options
    One of mine complains about "needing to lose weight"..... Seeing I was dropping lbs.....so I explained & explained & then when we get lunch out she brings me back a salad and she gets the burger & fries and then asks me hw many calories she just ate ???? Then says I guess I need to pay closer attention but never does.......
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    One of mine complains about "needing to lose weight"..... Seeing I was dropping lbs.....so I explained & explained & then when we get lunch out she brings me back a salad and she gets the burger & fries and then asks me hw many calories she just ate ???? Then says I guess I need to pay closer attention but never does.......

OoOoOoOh that burns me... My boss is constantly doing that to me. "Do you really need to be eating *that* on your diet?" he'll say followed up by "I need to lose a few pounds" while chewing on a frozen microwaved pizza "How many calories do you think this is?" and I'll look it up (against my better judgement) and say "580"... he'll look at me and say "maybe tomorrow" every. day. ugh. *eye roll* :laugh:
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers eats very clean and healthy ... fresh veggies, fruit, hard boiled egg, cottage cheese....

She is 60 and slim. She is trying to work on gaining some muscle.

My other coworker eats junk. Starbucks scones, or egg mcmuffins, breve drinks, top ramen, frozen lunch nacho things, chips, pretzels, cookies, fries,....she is 35 5'2 and about 250 lbs.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    cake. . . every damn day there is cake SOMEWHERE in this office
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay too much attention to what the people around me choose to eat. Now...working at a pizza place, I see them eat plenty of pizza. I've yet to eat the stuff I'm making and selling. :P
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is the TRUTH Ambrwaves27!!!! There is always cake in the breakroom that someone brings literally almost every day Monday - Friday!!! I just have to totally ignore it and just get my coffee and go back to my desk while my other 15 co-workers are getting cake and coffee!!! UGH!!! :explode:
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Several of my coworkers are on that "Medifast" diet, so I always seem them eating some of the prepackaged stuff they buy from them.. never looks that great to me.