Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Some whole wheat bread. I was shocked!

I'm with you on this one! A single slice is usually at or near 100 calories...crazy!

I was amazed by this too - I have always been a bread junkie...
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!!! compared to vegetables fruit is super high in calories!
  • KittahRahbet
    KittahRahbet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    anything at Chili's... even the "light" dishes!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this is why i pre-log as much as possible
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nachos. I don't get meat on them so I figured cheese and chips will be the issues. Divide it into two meals so shouldn't be too bad. Have salsa, no sour cream. Extra veggies. There's usually not a huge amount of cheese (like pizza). I figured by be over by a bit but nothing worrying.

NOPE! One dish, divide between meals still put me way over my goals, even with exercise. OUCH. Goodbye nachos at restaurants.
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    avocado,,,,,god,,i almost fell off my chair,,haha loggon like a coffee, a bagel and an avocado,,well,,, that shocked me big time,,lol

I had this horrible realization too! I was eating an avacado a day. ack.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    avocado,,,,,god,,i almost fell off my chair,,haha loggon like a coffee, a bagel and an avocado,,well,,, that shocked me big time,,lol

Avacados are "good" fats though... definitely a keeper in my diet
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Panera, anything from Panera
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sushi.

Not long after I joined MFP, I went to the local Asian buffet with some friends. I thought I was making such good choices, passing up all the fried stuff and eating sushi, edamame and green beans... then I logged it, and discovered my healthy lunch was a healthy THOUSAND CALORIES!

I still eat sushi, but it now falls into the "special treat" category.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Salsa! Crazy sodium in just one serving, which is only 2 tablespoons. I can balance 2 tablespoons on one chip!
  • uxbridgeheli
    Options
    Banana's and wine - H x
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich and milk, ice cream, crackers. God, crackers... not worth it.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Unsalted sunflower seeds. Not bad, necessarily, but the fat and calories in them BLEW ME AWAY.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Tartar sauce and Jager.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Pho bo. One of my absolute top favorites.
    Had no idea it was so high in calories. I mean, hello...it's SOUP.
    Soup shouldn't be that high in calories, darn it.
    (Even if it's loaded with a mess of rice noodles. Sheesh.)
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    That's why when I go out, I check calorie counts and macros on my iPhone before I order! CalorieKing.com RULES!! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Bailey's Irish Cream
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Most cheese (except cottage) and peanuts. Way too easy to blow calories with even a small amount. I think of cheese more as a garnish now, and really avoid it as a major component of any food.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    ^^^
    Seconding the pho...I LOVE LOVE LOVE pho and I about cried when I saw that. It has to be a sporadic treat for me now, ugh that is one of my favorite foods too.

The little candies they have at work... like Hershey nuggets etc. 4 of them are over 200 :( And they are itty bitty things...I didnt think they would be that bad but I was wrong :(

And all the "so called healthy" choices I thought i was making at restaurants... good lord I about choked. What a wake-up call!!
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cheese was a big one for me...an ounce is usually about 100 calories and an ounce is TINY!