Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Jimmy John's Slim Tuna on 7 grain wheat. I was NOT expecting 740 calories!
  • beachloe
    beachloe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fruit was my biggest surprise too. Lots of calories!
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A co-worker brought in a pack of those big Costco muffins. I really wanted a taste but knew they were terrible cal. wise. I cut the muffin into quarters and had half of one piece. After logging it I realized 1/8 of a muffin was 120 CALORIES!! I almost died! Couldn't imagine eating a whole one now. Lesson learned... log first, eat second. haha
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Cheese - the sodium is out the door.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Chinese food in general but my favorite dish sinapore noodles equal my days calorie alotment.
    I still go for it sometimes but I budget for it all day and exercise extra to cover.
    It takes planning.

Gotta watch the SUSHI tooooo, I thought it was such a healthy food. It still is but not low in calories.

TACO SALAD: wow, got to add that up carefully.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Gold Star cheese coneys. =\ I knew they were fast food but had NO IDEA how fast the calories added up - oh and machine cappucinos... I had NO CLUE coffee was so fattening! IT'S COFFEE! no calories, right?!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Salsa! Crazy sodium in just one serving, which is only 2 tablespoons. I can balance 2 tablespoons on one chip!

Is that prepared or fresh? We whip up some pickled, jalapeno, onion, garlic, and canned diced tomato in a food processor and can eat a LOT! Takes a whole 2 minutes to make.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    SUBWAY! Not super horrible on calories, but the sodium content is outrageous!

AND some boneless/skinless chicken breast is also CRAZY for sodium....I'm talking about what you can buy at the grocery store! Not to mention any kind of grilled chicken from a ff place....LOADED with sodium! :noway:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I got a box of Ferrero Rocher for my Birthday, I love them...they are tiny..I could eat a whole box in one go...they are 660 calories for 9...SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY CALORIES FOR NINE of the little tasty fabulousnesses
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Some whole wheat bread. I was shocked!

I'm with you on this one! A single slice is usually at or near 100 calories...crazy!

This is why I buy the Nature's Own Wheat and Honey sandwhich thins...100 cal in both pieces
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Banana's and wine - H x

Banana's for me too - Although I do eat them on a daily basis because of the potassium, they can be quite high depending on the size :noway:
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    mine was a simple sandwich haha
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    kraft mac n cheese.

I knew it was bad, but I didn't know HOW bad it really was.

This!!! Who knew it was 400 calories a serving! Also Poptarts (my husband loves them) again 400 calories!
  • forsettii
    forsettii Posts: 29
    Options
    Day 1 (err 85 days ago).

Lucky Charms (With the Whole Grain Guaranteed) with 2% Milk in my Normal Bowl.

473 Calories later.... (2 Cups of Lucky Charms and 1.5 Cups of Milk). [1/3 of what I should be eating the entire day]

Had to re-think the whole breakfast concept.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Mine was restaurant salads! Seriously I used to love the Quesadilla Explosion Salad from Chilis! I always figured before I started logging that it was pretty healthy with all the veggies.... not at 1300 calories!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Fruit was my biggest surprise too. Lots of calories!
    But these are the kinds of calories we should be feeding our bodies. Sure bananas are high in calories but a banana is a better snack than a Hostess cake, ice cream, etc.

If I log it, I am never shocked at how "bad" it is or how high the calorie count is. I know beforehand. I look at labels. Fastfood doesn't shock me because let's face it, it's fast food it isn't good for you to begin with.
  • Strawberry_Kitten
    Options
    Sunflower seeds.. 50 odd cals for 10g...
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, Bananas shocked me too.

I was also suprised with the calories in Wendy's chicken wrap (even if I use the grilled chicken) and the salads.

I now get the half salads from Walmart's marketplace...very good and not tremendous on the calories.
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Booze
    Pizza
    Mochas
    Trail Mix

Pre-logging is a great tool! And thanks to it, I can enjoy a mexican lunch out at work then pizza and wine for dinner (not a usual menu), but still stay within limits. Just gotta mind the portions and choices!
  • Alexis14351
    Options
    I used to make a great tator-tot casserole, I know probably not the healthiest, but I did not realize that one serving was well over 700 calories! My daughter requested it recently, so I tried to make it a little better by using half ground turkey half hamburger, frozen vegetables instead of canned, less cheese... Still 500 calories for a serving. It really made me understand how I got so big in the first place, I thought nothing of having seconds, then leftovers for lunch the next day. Also, pizza. over 300 calories per slice!