Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    A big fluffy feather, would have understood if I were eating chicken, but it was in a salad. It was sandwiched in the layers of lettuce.
    Needless to say, I did not finish.
  • mmtrnr
    mmtrnr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Personally, I say who cares? Those insects are probably more nutritious than the food they are in! Plus, most food that we eat already has bugs and parts in them... we just don't know it. (It's allowed by the FDA.) I'm an advocate for entomophagy.

The one that does bother me are the band-aids. Seriously... they didn't realize it fell off? Um, at least they were covering their cut??

http://www.fda.gov/food/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidancedocuments/sanitation/ucm056174.htm
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I was eating a hot dog at an Oriole's game, and the guys behind me were making lewd comments. I don't know what made me look at my hot dog at that point, but there was a big chunk of black fur in the middle. :sick:
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Friend and i went to a restaurant, and she got a salad with pine nuts. She had a bite that was super loud, and she bit on a pine nut shaped piece of glass... it was aweful... luckily they gave her her meal for free.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow the worst thing I've ever found in my food was a metal wire in a calzone. It's not really disgusting but I could have choked on it lol.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hmm lets see, cat hair (last night) while dining at my bff's house.

The worst happened when I was a child. I dug into the neighbors cookie jar and immediately started munching down on a cookie. I took several bites before it dawned on me it was tasting a bit off. I looked down at the cookie to discover that it had fat grubby worms in it. Mealy worms! I gagged, spat, flushed, flushed my mouth 200 hundred times more but still almost thrity years later I am traumatized. hahaha true story.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    A ginger's mustache hair in my fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonalds... also halfway through eating it before it was unearthed.... Vomit.

Ginger, you say? You've been contaminated. Proceed to airlock for chem-wash.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I swear to GOD I found an aorta in my Chef Boyardee meatball (spaghetti in a can) about 20 years ago...almost BARFED!!! Looking back I should have saved it and sued them. Makes me gag just thinking about it. ACK!!!:sick:
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I found a rock in my Amy's organic bean and rice burrito. I will never buy them again.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Lettuce :angry:

The judges deduct 10 points for lack of originality.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I opened a package of Quaker instant oatmeal and there were live worms in it, I was so grossed out I didn't eat oatmeal for a year!
  • jillian769
    Options
    Oh, and also a piece of plastic in a hot dog!!!!:indifferent:
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    A fingernail in my queso dip!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    One time I picked up a cake slice from the local supermarket. When I got home I made some coffee and sat down to dig in. It had a metallic taste but I assumed I was coming down with something. After a few more bites I couldn't take it. I tossed it in the trash only to find the bottom have mold. ...and then I died...
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I found a rock in my Amy's organic bean and rice burrito. I will never buy them again.

A rocks' about as organic as you can get. Gotta give them props for going all out retro.
  • jillian769
    Options
    I opened a package of Quaker instant oatmeal and there were live worms in it, I was so grossed out I didn't eat oatmeal for a year!

Thank you for that...was just about to eat that very thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAG!!!!!!:grumble:
  • serious_times
    serious_times Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A maggot in a piece of Dove chcolate.

A staple in a strawberry rhubarb tart. I'm so glad I saw it before I ate it!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    glass in my cheesecake :( cut my dern tongue! but scored me $40 of free food lol
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    My LAST visit to any TGIFridays was when I ordered nachos. I ALWAYS put at least half of my food in a take home container before eating. Well *kitten* I was packing away, I noticed a bug under one of the pieces AND my plate was dirty.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Lettuce :angry:
    The judges deduct 10 points for lack of originality.
    Ah, *kitten*. The time I don't scan before posting... :embarassed: :laugh: