Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I found a rock in my Amy's organic bean and rice burrito. I will never buy them again.
    A rocks' about as organic as you can get. Gotta give them props for going all out retro.
    Well done. :laugh:
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I got a slice of pizza once from a Wal-Mart food court and found one of those little silica gel packs (found in medicine bottles to absorb moisture) under a pepperoni! I talked to the manager about it who didn't see what the big deal was; he just told me to throw it away!

Are you kidding me???? I would have flipped OUT!!!!!!! Free Walmart forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    mosquito larva in my rice.

One time I was having some soup at a restaurant in China. My mom just ordered "the special" and I didn't think to ask what it was. Then I saw it was Turtle soup. I had two pet turtles at home at the time and I couldn't bring myself to eat another bite at the place.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Lettuce :angry:
    The judges deduct 10 points for lack of originality.
    Ah, *kitten*. The time I don't scan before posting... :embarassed: :laugh:

There will be other battles.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Personally, I say who cares? Those insects are probably more nutritious than the food they are in! Plus, most food that we eat already has bugs and parts in them... we just don't know it. (It's allowed by the FDA.) I'm an advocate for entomophagy.

The one that does bother me are the band-aids. Seriously... they didn't realize it fell off? Um, at least they were covering their cut??

http://www.fda.gov/food/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidancedocuments/sanitation/ucm056174.htm

If you love peanut butter....

DO NOT look up what the FDA lets slide by. It will scar you. FOR LIFE!
  • ladyepanda
    ladyepanda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I found a chicken claw in my chicken sandwich at mcdonalds. The manager tried to say it was just a bone, but it was CLEARLY a chicken claw.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Chewed gum in a can of orange soda when I was a kid - no, it wasn't mine. I will never forget that.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Few weeks ago I found crushed stones in my navy beans while I was pouring them in the pot for the overnight pre-soak.
    Co-worker was having soup in our work cafeteria and opened up the little pack of crackers. She only used two of them in her soup. Few minutes later, some crawly thing caught the corner of my eye, I looked over and there were ants crawling in the plastic wrap and all over the table. Yes she already had eaten quite a bit of her soup :P
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I found a beetle? (or some sort of bug) in a prepared salade from the grocery store.
    Work ordered in pizza for us....my piece had a curly hair sticking out of the cheese.
    Work brought me to the restaurant for a bday lunch....I ordered a wrap, when I picked up the seond piece I happened to notice a black hair sticking out (work pizza and lunch was the same place...never ate there again)
    When I was young my parents ordered pizza, my slice had a nice blue thumb tack (push pin) baked in it. I bit down on it and it stabbed my gum.
    My dad, PO'd, called the place and the guy says,....these things happen and hung up on him???:huh:

I worked for a butcher/deli for the longest time, slicing sandwhich meat one day a hunk of metal flew out at me....it was a pop tab.
    Ive also found plastic, and metal wires, bones etc in the lunch meats......I havent eaten any since.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Few weeks ago I found crushed stones in my navy beans while I was pouring them in the pot for the overnight pre-soak.
    They do tell you on the package to check for that, though.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what type of bug it was but I found half of it in the McDonald's hamburger that I had just bitten into. I swallowed & then realized where the other half of the bug probably was now & shuddered.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My mother and I went to a fairly decent Chinese restaurant when I was a kid. I had ordered a soda and she ordered an iced tea. The restaurant was having trouble with the soda machine in the back so only her drink came out and she had to use the bathroom. I sneaked a sip of her drink and I noticed something dark in the glass. When I told her she fished out a huge solid chunk of ice cube that contained a whole cockroach.

When we told the manager he almost had a heart attack and insisted on showing my mother the kitchen and everything else in the back to prove the roach wasn't their fault. And it wasn't, it had come off the supply truck. We got our meal for free, they replaced my mother's drink after inspecting the ice in it, but we didn't go back for a while.

And just to add, no part of the roach was outside the ice. The biggest shock was I was the only one who had taken a sip of it before it was noticed. My mom thinks it's funny.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I got a salad from Hardee's once, and when I got back to work with it, it had little black hairs in it! EW! I sent them a note, and asked them why didn't they put onions in their salad instead of little black hairs? They sent me a coupon for another salad, but I threw it away.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    One of my jobs in the kitchen is to clean the beans before cooking them. It's critical if you hope to keep your teeth and/or fillings intact.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot one...when I was a teenager I opened a bottle of Dr. Pepper and took a drink, only to find I wasn't only drinking liquid...still not sure what it was, but it FELT like spit out chewing tobacco!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    I got a salad from Hardee's once, and when I got back to work with it, it had little black hairs in it! EW! I sent them a note, and asked them why didn't they put onions in their salad instead of little black hairs? They sent me a coupon for another salad, but I threw it away.
    Heh. Pubes. Pubes are funny.
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a butchers , in those days people in the shops didn't wear gloves.
    I had made sausages , I had mixed the batch with my hands and as fast as I was making them they
    were being sold. Earlier in the day I had cut my finger and put a bandaid on it, after the rush of customers I noticed
    the bandaid wasn't on my finger. Somebody must have found their sausage extra chewy !!
  • breakingthecyclept2
    Options
    Calories.

DING DING DING, we have a winner! LOL

I found a bee in a jar of pickles at the grocery store.

I didnt actually take them home, but I had them in my cart for purchase.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When I was about 18, I found a fried roach in my french fries from BK.

A month ago, I found a piece of plastic in my salad from Ruby Tuesdays.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    They do tell you on the package to check for that, though.

wow really? I've never actually read the package haha My mother used to cook the same kind of beans when I was young, so I just called her up and asked her how she prepared them. The things you miss when you don't read the package!!! *runs to read package*