Do you believe in love at first sight?

Options

Replies

• GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    maybe not sight, but maybe upon the first meeting. My husband and I knew each other for 24 days when we got married. We have been married for over 20 years.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    or should I walk by again?

yeah that what it reminded me of, but yeah I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe in infatuation at first sight, reminds me of when I first saw my wife with sober eyes
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    No.

Love is different than that.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    11 years ago I would have said no. People who were all "I love you" after one day of dating annoyed the piss out of me. :huh:

Then I met my husband and cried with overwhelming feelings after the first date (not around him...didn't want to seem like the crazy lady). Then 3 days later he was pouring his heart out to me and said "Please don't leave me when I say this...This is the weirdest thing, and it has never happened like this before. But, after 3 days of dating you, I think I love you. Well, I knew it on the first night....please please please don't freak out and run."

A weight was lifted off of my shoulders, because I felt the same.

Now, 11 years later, I still feel the same (with a little "OMG I AM GOING TO KILL YOU IF YOU THROW YOUR CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO THE HAMPER!") as I did on day one. I love that slob.
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No..It's more like Lust at first sight, you can't truly love something without getting to know them...

This.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Infatuation can feel very strong, but it's not often love unless you two REALLY click.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I absolutely do.

Not because I've experienced it, but because I just can't fathom a reason why someone couldn't just know.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Love takes time to develop, so no.

But I believe you can fall for someone at first sight.. And only if "first sight" also includes a conversation.. There's more than looks, and someone can be very attractive but be completely incompatible with you.

I feel you need to get to know a person before you can call it love.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Love takes time to develop, so no.

But I believe you can fall for someone at first sight.. And only if "first sight" also includes a conversation.. There's more than looks, and someone can be very attractive but be completely incompatible with you.

I feel you need to get to know a person before you can call it love.

I guess my answer assumed a lot of things lol.

By first sight...I meant more along the lines of a first date. I usually know if I can love someone within an hour or so of meeting her...and unless she changes her personality drastically at some point, I'm almost always right.

What Erin said pretty much covers it...!
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I believe in lust at first sight

^^^this^^ people use the term love far too loosely!
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I knew within the first day of meeting my fiance that we would get married. Not the same as love at first sight, but I do believe in instant connection. It helped that I knew his whole family and that they set us up. We knew a lot about one another, which made the transition to being together much easier than if we'd been total strangers.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    15 years later and just as close as day 1. Yeah, I can definitely confirm it exists. :flowerforyou:
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I first saw my kitten I was in love, it happened again when I met the dog I would rescue and three weeks ago I feel in love with a horse that was given to me....OH my best love at first sight was when they placed my baby boy in my arms and I saw him for the first time. I have never loved like that before.....

In a SO absolutely not. It has always been false advertising when I thought I was. I love my husband very much but it was not love at first sight or first week.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I knew within the first 10 minutes of meeting my now husband that I was going to marry him. We have been together for 17 years and I couldn't love him more. He tells people the exact same thing. he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me within the first 20 minutes of meeting. he was 17 and I was 18.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    No.
    I've been in love 3 times in my life and in none of the cases was I instantly attracted to the guy to the point where I thought "Damn, I gotta have that, like forever".
    The attraction always came or at least got much stronger AFTER I had gotten to know them.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    More like, lust at first sight.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    mmmmm bacon
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Love at first sight is a love that blinds you.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Lust, aye. Love, no. Just not possible!
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    I believe you can be drawn towards them, look wise but other than that, no I don't believe in it.