Do you believe in love at first sight?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yes...I believe that love at first sight can happen...I just don't believe that it happens too often!:glasses:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    No I believe in love at first bite.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    YES- I was 17 when I first SAW the man I knew I would marry. 3 years later-we married. It lasted for 10 years.
  • plank_page
    plank_page Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nah...loves for saps...I prefer a good lay!
  • Th3Machine
    Th3Machine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Maybe love at first bite.
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would agree that female fall in love with what they hear. Lust yes, love, no.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not sure how I can love someone by just seeing them. I would hope there would be something deeper there that I love besides just their look.

Think about it this way: rearrange an ounce or two of flesh on the face of the person you've falling in "love" with at first sight. Still infatuated? Change their walk a little bit, and reconfigure their bodily dimensions by an inch or two. It's likely you won't feel the same infatuation at first sight. So what are you infatuated with? There's nothing mystical or magical about so called "love at first sight" ... you're reacting to a template that your culture, genetics, and personal experience have led to you see that combination of features as a worthy target for reproduction. It's all biology, not God or the Goddess or the Universe telling you that This Is The One.

So, in some cultures, attractiveness is enhanced by having a large derriere, or small feet, or a long neck. It's been said that makeup is sexy because it simulates the blush of sexual arousal. As far as I know, the belief in a "soul mate" or instant attraction is a product of the courtly love tradition in medieval Europe ... and the experience of infatuation has been viewed by most cultures through time as an illness rather than as something positive. "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet/are of one imagination compact" (Midsummer Night's Dream). Our infatuation with infatuation is reinforced by a constant flow of movies, TV shows, and romantic fiction ... and once the infatuation wears off (as it invariably does), then begins either the work of building a real and lasting relationship, or dumping the partner in search of the next infatuation fix (and people wonder why the divorce rate has been around 50% in the USA since the 1950s).

Most relationships start with infatuation ... the ones that work and last are the ones that are grounded in a mutual commitment to the hard work it will take to make them last ... the ones that don't last are grounded in the rush of the infatuation, and nothing else.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I may have loved my dog at first sight...

That's only because your dog had been drinking.

both drinking? I heard about this kind of thing, but never expected to read about it here...
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Absolfrickinlutely ~

When that " moment " happens ... everything you once knew changes, you then realize life is not planned ... you don't always get to choose your feelings ... but you can certainly choose your destiny. Wrong or right, good or bad ... real or just a dream.

Just a dream ....