do you hold back

snw_
snw_ Posts: 237 Member
when talking to people? meaning, when you are feeling something and feel like telling them, do you just put it all out there, throwing caution to the wind, letting the chips fall where they may? or do you hold back, protecting yourself from any real or imagined repurcussions?

personally, i bare my soul. often times, i'm afraid i say too much, but then again, i'm good with the fact i don't hold anything back. there is nothing i wish i told someone.

i figureeeee have this one life to live. and to make the most of it, i don't want there to be any secrets, especially with the ones i care about. sometimes what i say makes me want to throw up. sometimes it makes my heart skip a beat. sometimes i just feel relieved that what had to be said got said.

so, if you are friends with me, don't ever think there's something i'm not telling you. with me, you get it all.

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Honestly, I do hold back a lot in real life. I find myself being much freer online, and with those i have met on here.

I love how open you are, and I wouldn't change that at all. In fact, I think I need another phone call soon. ;)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    I just stare at their boobs.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I'm pretty much like you. I try to hold back but what I feel usually comes gushing out... I'm a gusher. :blushing:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    We must be brother and sister....I don't hold anything back either.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Same here. It's probably not a good way to protect yourself, but at least everything you experience, you do it with your whole self.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes you get burned, but it's better than feeling left out in the cold.

:flowerforyou:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Depends..I've learned not to share too much...
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Yes, but it is selective. I come from a sales background, so I learned when to talk and when to just sit back and let the other person talk.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    i hold back less than people think i should. so i'm a little restrained but not too much i suppose.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    There's a fine line, though...IRL I'm more likely to tell it like it is with no tact. The interwebz is recordedz.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    I will have oral diarrhea if it won't affect me directly. If it could bit me in the *kitten*, I keep my mouth shut and hate myself for doing so...teach me please!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I am very blunt, but I hate hurting people's feelings so I try to use tact.
  • I think you have to be careful, especially on line....not so much in person....you can choose depending on the situation what is right....your gut usually tells you. ;-)
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    I'm pretty much like you. I try to hold back but what I feel usually comes gushing out... I'm a gusher. :blushing:

I'm like this with almost everyone but my husband. For some godforsaken reason he is the one I have the most difficult time being open with. Sad but true.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,385 Member
    Some people I tell all.

Others I give a second chance, "you sure" before I do.

Some I don't tell a thing to.

*How much I reveal depends on how much time I spend with them.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Don't know ya....but think just like you.
    I'm an open book.
    You will always know where you stand with me.
    Yes I hurt feelings but that is not my intention.
    It's easier to remember the truth than lies.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    I attempt not to hold back

it depends on the person honestly if they can handle it

i have a huge problem with feeling bad if I hurt someones feelings
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    I am very blunt, but I hate hurting people's feelings so I try to use tact.

same here. I try to let you know you are being a **** head, but make you feel like the best **** head in all the land!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes, keeping it real goes wrong.

Depends on how much I care about the person, the situation, and the outcome.

ETA: My face shows everything, though. Thank goodness people don't pay attention too often.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    I hold back but I am very socialbly awkward. I turtle up even when I stand in line at the gas station. (I do have social anixity too)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    There is not much I hold back on saying.