do you hold back

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    I've learned the hard way that filtering is a good thing sometimes but at the same time, I manage to let people know what I think pretty well. I know that sounds contradictory but it's true. I've had friends joke that people may not always like it but they always know where they stand with me. <--- this is after I have filtered.
  • CrossFitBeast
    CrossFitBeast Posts: 320 Member
    Hold back quite a bit in real life...it's only after a few drinks and with the right people do I truly speak my mind. It's quite draining to not speak my mind but I'm unsure how it will be received more often than I should.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    I don't hold back online...i doubt anyone does. In real live on a personal level I don't hold back but on a "work" level yeah I hold back. I can call every I-dee-ten--T an I-d-io-t because if I did I would be fired. Part of the issue when your working in the computer software / API Support world.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    My brother always tells me he thinks theres some sort of crucial filter in my brain that is broken. I told him I really didnt give a rats *kitten*.

LOL
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Negative.... I never hold back... Popeye said it best... I yam what I yam, 'cause dats all dat I yam.
    Ahhhga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkoXUm-seS4axbuUopsXRaRG1_a7SOma0kcTSBMYhXpFnbw17A

You either love me, or you dont
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    No, I don't hold back. Like it or not, I say what I feel needs to be friends. In my opinion that's what real friends do.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,226 Member
    I bare my soul, I wish I didn't. It gets your heart broken.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 743 Member
    Yes I do hold back. A lot.
  • Yes, i hold back alot. But, i am honest when i need to be.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    I have a permanent filter on my mouth but not my brain. I've learned that most people don't care what you have to say, that's why they talk so much. So, personally, I do not say anything unless you ask. You ask and I will tell you what I think, but I'll do it as politely and respectfully as possible.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    I tend to hold back.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Usually how much I say will depend on whether I trust the person. It's like my sister, yeah she's my sister, but I don't trust her so there's no way I would tell her anything I'm feeling.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    I let out the crazy in small doses.

Fortunately, my crazy is my family and my wife hasn't run away yet. I think I'm the normal one.
  • I actually have tended to hold back too much in the past. A very dear friend of mine told me that if you don't really share anything about yourself and put yourself out there then people don't ever get to know the real you and your relationships aren't very real. They are just superficial. I've worked on being more open with people since then and sharing some of the good along with the bad. It really does make me feel more understood and connected, so I think it is a good thing. I'm still sot of private and slow to share though.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    If it's along the lines of being assertive or saying "can I have" or "I need" to someone, I pretty much bite my tongue. It's an unfortunate habit my father instilled in me when I was a child. I wasn't allowed to talk to people because I would embarrass him and every time I asked for something I was met with a no.

As for anything else, I don't hold back and I tend to intimidate or even annoy people with my over sharing or the lack of "this might not be an appropriate subject" sense. I can tell strangers my life story without caring, I can give my full opinion, and basically just be that person who doesn't seem to have secrets from anyone they know. Do I have secrets? Plenty. I may give out uncomfortable information about myself but I know what becomes automatic deal breakers. The worst is probably if I dislike/hate someone. I have no problem slandering those people, but then again I have a temper.
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    There are a few situations that require you hold to back ie; dealing with someone that may have a very fragile state of mind...children etc, but most adult to adult situations....let it rip!!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 567 Member
    I am very blunt, but I hate hurting people's feelings so I try to use tact.

same here. I try to let you know you are being a **** head, but make you feel like the best **** head in all the land!

Awesome!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    I tend to be very reserved about my own thoughts and emotions however, if i think a friend is doing something self-destructive or hurting someone else, I don't hesitate to speak up and i hope my friends would do the same for me.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    I wished I could say I tell it like it is, that's the kind of person I like to think of myself as being but truthfully I'm very reserved due to my upbringing and being shy and being a little socially awkward doesnt help. I was also an only child with not a lot of friends so I didnt have much to say and no one to really say it too.

:ohwell:
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 409 Member
    There are a few situations that require you hold to back ie; dealing with someone that may have a very fragile state of mind...children etc, but most adult to adult situations....let it rip!!

I'm the same way! ^^^