do you hold back

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Depends on the situation.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    lol I dont hold back.. Infact my friends and I say we live in the land of TMI. I will say whatever comes to mind and I really have no barriers. But the I had that filter between my brain and my mouth removed a long time ago...
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    I hold back. I avoid confrontation like the plague, so I'd rather not say something that would cause conflict and just keep things to myself and deal with it on my own. Or avoid it.

I wish I could say what I really want to say to some people, especially here at work, but my job is in Human Resources and I'd probably get fired if I did.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    No, unless I think it may hurt their feelings - had a scenario of this recently. But cleared up now.

Otherwise, I'm very open and honest and say pretty much exactly what's on my mind, for the good, the bad and sometimes the ugly.

I try and treat people how I'd like to be treat myself. I'd want to hear the truth, so I tell the truth, calmly dependant on the situation of course.

I can be quite shy though at times, mainly in large groups. I get intimidated.

However, I can also avoid confrontation - hate arguments. Goes back to my childhood. I always try and sort things calmly however much I'm seething inside. lol.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Yes. I am working on that, though.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    I pretty much have no filter . . . if I think it, I'll probably say it.
    I don't ever intentionally try to be rude or hateful though. I'm not looking to instigate a problem but won't back down from one either. If I feel its the truth then it comes out.
    Most people in my life know that if they ask for the truth from me the will get it 100%. Those that don't know it figure it out pretty quickly.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    I used to be my company's hatchet man. I have no problem telling people off or things they don't want to hear. On the plus side, I'm very open and gregarious with people, sometimes they get offended with some of the things that I say. ( Read my profile ).

This is why I have a great and varied group of longtime friends, and scarred knuckles, black eyes, split lips and a broken nose. ( and thats just with my friends )
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    I generally hold back... I don't handle hurt and/or rejection well... it also depends on the day. My confidence changes often from day to day. If I'm feeling good about myself and confident I'm a lot more likely not to worry about what other people think.
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    I guess I put up walls and slowly let people in. I've been hurt so much I don't like to invest so much right then and get punched in the stomach back so to say. It doesn't mean that even after baring my soul that I don't get knocked down but most of the time I can back away before it has gone too far if it's something that I don' t see having any meat.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    When I was younger I held back.

but recently, and the age increases, I realize I don't want to waste any more time on playing it so safe.

So, if you are fortunate enough to get close, you are going to get it all.

But I only allow very few to get that close.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    I have tried to hold back many times but being the person that I am I bare all. I'm an open person and what you see is what you get. There are times I try to not say something because I have been hurt many times. But then I think, where would I be today if I wasn't the way I am? I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason, whether I like it or not. For that reason I believe I'm a very strong person.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    I put it all out there
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    My brother always tells me he thinks theres some sort of crucial filter in my brain that is broken. I told him I really didnt give a rats *kitten*.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I tend to tell it like it is....people don't like me because of it...but hey...that's me....take it or leave it.

When it comes to relationships and such though...different story...I am very reserved for my fear of loneliness or heartbreak.....I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    FEAR = false events appearing real

If you're afraid of something, you're projecting possible negative outcomes that may or may not be the truth

In the end, you're just holding yourself back and wasting time.

You only live once. Live it loud.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    I'm working on not holding back so much.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    NOPE. I don't want people around me that I have to censor my thoughts and feelings with.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Im an open person and dont hold back. I figure if they are interested best to know who and what I am right up front.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I write them a too long letter, wherein I meander until I realize my own point and then I direct them to it in a little thesis at the end.

11/10 I pay for it.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I write them a too long letter, wherein I meander until I realize my own point and then I direct them to it in a little thesis at the end.

11/10 I pay for it.

I'm feeling a little left out...I've never been the recipient of this 'letter'...

/sigh