do you hold back

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    I have zero filter from brain to mouth. I get in trouble a lot.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    I just let it all out. Friends of mine irl tell me I lack a filter but you always know where I stand. Always.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    I don't think I even have to answer this.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I attempt not to hold back

it depends on the person honestly if they can handle it

i have a huge problem with feeling bad if I hurt someones feelings

This is because you're an incredible person :).

For me...it also depends on the person. But if I feel something about someone, and its something that can have an affect on our relationship, I almost always (almost being 99.9%) tell them.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Some people I tell all.

Others I give a second chance, "you sure" before I do.

Some I don't tell a thing to.

*How much I reveal depends on how much time I spend with them.

Pretty much this.
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    I used to hold back, but now I can't shut my mouth and it's working for me so I'll just continue on with what's working. At least I know it's said, it's out there, and then I can just let the chips fall where they may without any regrets of what should have been said but never was! I sleep pretty good now.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: No beer--I'm very politic
    2 beers--I'm bubbly and open
    6 beers--I'm brutally honest (and funny)
    8 beers--I'm...well how the heck would I know?
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    I gauge each individual first, then I modify my approach. I wish to be understood, and blurting everything out leads to confusion. However, IF THEY ASK - I can be brutally honest, so I always say that if you don't want to know what I really think, if you don't want to know the answer, or if you think you might get an answer you don't want to know, don't ask.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    I think before I speak but will won't hold back to those I trust
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    Yes.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    when talking to people? meaning, when you are feeling something and feel like telling them, do you just put it all out there, throwing caution to the wind, letting the chips fall where they may? or do you hold back, protecting yourself from any real or imagined repurcussions?

personally, i bare my soul. often times, i'm afraid i say too much, but then again, i'm good with the fact i don't hold anything back. there is nothing i wish i told someone.

i figureeeee have this one life to live. and to make the most of it, i don't want there to be any secrets, especially with the ones i care about. sometimes what i say makes me want to throw up. sometimes it makes my heart skip a beat. sometimes i just feel relieved that what had to be said got said.

so, if you are friends with me, don't ever think there's something i'm not telling you. with me, you get it all.

Right with you girl. Only problem is that being that open allows people to take advantage of you and you get hurt. That part is no fun.

I admire those who can hold back. I often think it's better.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    I can't tell you yet.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    I have zero filter from brain to mouth. I get in trouble a lot.
    Why am I wishing you would have said head instead of brain O.o?
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    I try to...but usually can't. If it's something hurtful, I will hold back though.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Nope...what you see/read/hear is what you get.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    I'm pretty much like you. I try to hold back but what I feel usually comes gushing out... I'm a gusher. :blushing:

I'm like this with almost everyone but my husband. For some godforsaken reason he is the one I have the most difficult time being open with. Sad but true.

This. I have no problems telling it like it is, unless it's my husband (but he also tells me "No" a lot).
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    i can charm your pants right off your bottom between beers 8-12 but before 8 and after 12 im a rambling moron
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Don't know ya....but think just like you.
    I'm an open book.
    You will always know where you stand with me.
    Yes I hurt feelings but that is not my intention.
    It's easier to remember the truth than lies.

^^ This and this is why I sometimes get into trouble at work
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    i hold back every day.

there are probably thousands of things i don't say to people on a daily basis for the sake of keeping peace. my mind is one that works in sarcasm, cynicism, apathy, and jokes. So i know, most often times, if i say everything, I am just doing it for my own satisfaction/entertainment and not taking their feelings into consideration.

this doesn't mean i am not honest. i am. i think communication is important and i communicate things when i think it's necessary and appropriate. but i think if i didn't constantly filter myself i wouldn't be successful at my work, or liked in general.

i mean, i delete 75% of my posts on this site, and have thought about deleting this one the whole time i typed it.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    I don't have a filter!!! :( well I take that back... I do but there are large holes in it and most of the time I say what's on my mind.