Turn your Life around 20's

Options

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    2 lbs for me too Rena!!! BUT SINCE I AM A HUGE COLTS FAN, LIVE IN INDY, AND I'M GOING TO A SUPERBOWL PARTY... I am worried about this weekend! I am bound and determined not to drink though!!! Wish me luck to make healthy decisions! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If you control your portions you'll be just fine! Just have a bite of things and then be done, and snack on veggie trays as long as they aren't dunked in ranch your good! :bigsmile: Also, I would suggest eating an apple or something before you go or bring a healthy dish you share! Have fun, don't be too hard on yourself!

~Leash :heart:
  • renasneed
    renasneed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So here's to my first weigh in on the message board. I lost 2.5 pounds this past week!! Since my goal is 2/week, I'm definitely happy about this. : ) Good luck this week!

WWWWoooooohooooooo!!!!!! Thats great!!! Look at you ahead of the game :smile: :smile: :smile:

~Leash :heart:

Thank you very much! I'm trying; that's all I can do! Hope you get to feeling better! I'll say a quick prayer for your situation. :)
  • jesskennedy
    Options
    im turning 20 this month, and would love some support...im aiming to lose about 4-4 and a half stone altogether, if im still okay to join? : )
  • laurenashley923
    Options
    im 23 and just joined today ... have lost 6 pounds so far! hoping to stay on track with a little help :)
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good (Monday) morning everyone!

On friday I weighed in and Im down 7 lbs from when I started! I was veryyyy happy. I went to the gym 4 times this week and tracked all my food! Didnt do so good for superbowl. Definitely went way over my calories, but I am back on track this morning! Great job all the "weight losers." Keep the inspiration coming!
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Welcome to all the newbies, glad to have you!

So I didn't weigh in this week because i've been starting to get sick since thursday and although i tried to avoid it, It is finally here. i took airborne and everything but i think i was to late. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest and i swallowed a porcupine. So i've been drinking a lot of orange juice, sprite and water. I'm hoping the calories in the 1st two don't add too much weight. I do hope to get feeling better and get back on track eating right and exercising soon. I just don't have the same energy without my morning Yoga.

Junk food challenge sounds good. I'd say any time you have a craving for some find some other delicious snack like some veggies (possibly with dip) or fruit.

Have a wonderful day ladies!
  • lizzie84
    Options
    I'm 25!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey ladies,

How is everyones week going? I can't seem to break this sickness i have going on. I'm trying to eat when i'm hungry and drink a lot of fluids, and not worry about exercising or eating enough calories. I also can't tan. Its just a bad week. Hopefully you all are having a better week than I am and friday will be a successful weigh in. How is everyone doing on the challenge.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

How is everyones week going? I can't seem to break this sickness i have going on. I'm trying to eat when i'm hungry and drink a lot of fluids, and not worry about exercising or eating enough calories. I also can't tan. Its just a bad week. Hopefully you all are having a better week than I am and friday will be a successful weigh in. How is everyone doing on the challenge.

Hey ash! Sorry to hear that you can't seem to kick the sickness. Thats a bummer. Hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

This week is going pretty good aside from not being able to get to the gym enough. We have had a bunch on snow stroms and getting out and driving wasn't going to happen. Although I did exercise at home! The challange is going good! I have really been focusing on fruits and veggies! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • renasneed
    Options
    My week is going okay as well. We got about 2 1/2 inches of snow last night and they're calling for 4 more tonight. So, I'm chugging through it to get to the gym. Aside from that, everything is okay. I'm piggin out on the fruits for snacks instead of junk food. It's been going well thus far.

Hope you get to feeling better! :)
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    This week is not going so swimmingly. My 55 hr work weeks have kept me eating out and not getting to work out for the last two weeks! I'll have only worked out 4 times in 2 weeks after tomorrow. I'm trying very hard to make the smart choices at restraunts but still, those add up!!! Super tired and craving pretty much all things chocolate this one week of every month. But for the first time in years, I held it together and only induldged on one sweet thing a day (which having to wait for it when i got home made it all the more tasty!) Things should slow down for the next week and I'll see if I can kick it into high gear and work out 5 times!! But the bright side is that the scale has held steady at my 10.2lbs loss. Not going down, but thankfully not going up!!

Hope you are all having a good week!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    hey All Checking in.

Excited for this weeks weigh in to see the minor damage inflicted on myself in texas is fixed.
    I also was very good today being snowed in at home - we have 5 inches so far, and expecting another 6 more in the am. I have only eaten one "bad" thing, and that was some doritos - but i ate only the 1 serving. What actually killed my day was eating the whole package of strawberries plus that i had for snacks to bring to work.

Thought work was slowing down, but seems like its going to pick right back up again this weekend.

Any one have and good Banana bread/muffin recipes? i have about 4 small bananas that are ready for baking or trash, but id rather use them.

Welcome All the new people!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey ladies. Happy friday!

So Weigh-in day! So Its been two weeks since my last weigh-in. Since then i'm down 3.3 pounds even though i've been sick for a week. I am one pound away from 20 pounds. it doesn't seem possible. I honestly wish i would have tracked my measurements better since i feel like its so hard to see results on myself. Is it like that for anyone else?

So a goal for the week. Yeah i am so not inventive. My goal for school always stays the same... try to catch up or try not to fall behind haha. I think this would have been a good junk food week considering valentines day. Maybe we should set an exercise goal to offset the indulgence of chocolate and other sweets.

I hope everyone has a great week, I'll be checking in today to see how everyone else did! I'm really excited, good luck on your scales today lades!
  • renasneed
    Options
    Hi guys! So I set a short term goal for myself for this past week of losing 3 pounds. I DID IT! Whew hoo! It was hard and I have been to the gym everyday this week and have stuck to the goal for this past week, but it was sooo worth it!

So, goal for next week, I think the whole sweets challenge is a good idea again with Valentine's Day being on Sunday. I'm up for anything though. I just like the idea of a goal. So let's figure it out!

Good luck this week, girls + guys, if there are any! :)
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    So I hope everyone had a wonderful valentines day, and didn't eat too much junk food. I gave into some puppy chow and a bowl of icecream.

I am setting my goal this week as getting back on track. Doing cardio everyday, going to the library like i should and eating better. It feels like a lot, but I just never fully got back on track. So here is to a better week.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Had a great valentines day! Didn't go over board on the great food either! Hope everyone else had a good one.(if celebrated)

Are we all thinking about doing another challenge? I can't think of anything right now. I'll think of some ideas.
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Great Valentines day! Even if I did get crazy and order the shrimp and crawfish pasta at Red Bar! And darn my bf for listening to me and not getting me chocolates!
  • johnsoag
    Options
    22 here and I need all the motivation i can get. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
  • DawnatheDead13
    Options
    I would love to join!! I just got in a "comfort zone" and stopped working out and eating poorly this is my 5th day that I have been on MFP..
  • renasneed
    Options
    Welcome, John & Dawn! Good luck in your adventures. We weigh in every Friday just to keep ourselves accountable. And also, if you're creative, we're in need of a challenge for the week. We've done ones where we've set a goal of so many push ups a day or we've done one where we only ate snack/junk food like 2 days of the week. You can be extremely creative or orginial.

Welcome to the group! :)