Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag.

Options

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Oh, you get out of here! All this common sense is making me dizzy.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I LOVE eating in bed. Mmm.
  • Sweeterescape
    Options

Start here:
    1) Eat within a reasonable caloric intake for your goals.
    2) Consume adequate protein and fat.
    3) Consume at least enough carbs to allow you to train with intensity.

(And can you just use some common sense with food selection?)

4) Lift weights
    5) Get rest.
    6) Repeat
    7) And quit worrying about all the other crap.

Be patient.

THIS. THANK YOU - absolutely right! Common sense is best!
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat clean.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree somewhat on this. There's too much processed garbage that's loaded with chemicals out there. I sure do feel a lot better since it's being phased out of my diet.

That's a different topic. He's just saying weight loss is about calories. Chemicals have nothing to do with calories.

Does this apply to hormones too? can hormones play a part in weight loss i always thought it was cals in vs out
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how much I've enjoyed this post. These forums can mess with your head if you let them.
    Thanks for posting.
    Here's a question; having read hundreds of posts I can see that the general consensus is that cardio does nothing for weight loss and I should be lifting weights. I currently do step cardio mixed with interval training (using 5lb weights).
    What I need help understanding is how the calories I burn doing cardio doesn't contribute to my weight loss? I have a lot of weight to lose so I don't feel I need to eat all my exercise calories back (most weeks I don't touch them). Surely the additional calories that that the cardio gives me adds into my overall calorie deficit?
    For example, if I am eating at a 3500 weekly calorie deficit and I burn an additional 3500 cals with cardio, would that not equate to a 2 lb weight loss over the week?
    Also, from what I've read on these forums, it takes a lot of work to even build 1lb of muscle (which I've read would help me burn an additional 50 cals per day) and initially you might see a weight gain due to water retention as the muscles rest and repair.
    Plus, I've read on here that when you try to log weight lifting you don't seem to burn many calories actually doing it.
    Don't get me wrong, I believe that weights are the way to go, I just don't fully understand the way it works better than cardio.
    Any help would be appreciated as I have respect for your post and feel like you talk a lot of sense...
    X
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    awesome post!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    awesome! .. made me feel better. all this stressing over ratios, and too much information. Taking it back to simplicity. Lifted a weight off my shoulders.
    :flowerforyou:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Best post I've read all month....maybe even all year.
    I ♥ you.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    So you don't recommend any cardiovascular exercise at all?

I agree with most of your points, but I think cardiovascular fitness is pretty damn important. And I don't especially want to lift weights. I assume you are talking to me. I don't lift weights, I do have muscle definition. Maybe I am not human. Or maybe there is more to life than lumps of metal.
  • cally69
    Options

I agree with most of your points, but I think cardiovascular fitness is pretty damn important. And I don't especially want to lift weights. I assume you are talking to me. I don't lift weights, I do have muscle definition. Maybe I am not human. Or maybe there is more to life than lumps of metal.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    this stuff won't fit in the spreadsheet
  • cally69
    Options

I believe the OP meant that cardio does nothing for weight loss. I'm hoping he'll respond to my post above so I can understand better why this is so.
    X
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this? Beautifully said :)
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I like it when I read something that makes so much sense... Thanks!!! I always knew this stuff deep down inside, but you never hear anyone saying it.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Be patient.

And here is all that needed to be said!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you! If one more person tells me that diet soda has sugar and will cause you to not lose weight I am going to scream! Also I eat low carb because I have a blood sugar problem: other people dont have to do what I do. My mom is convinced diet soda causes cellulite- it doesnt my 4 yr old niece has lots of it and she only drinks milk.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Love this! :happy:
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks!:smile:
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    love it!