Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag.

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This would be where the "common sense with food selection" part comes up in the post.

Speaking generally (not at you in particular), eat "mostly" nutrient dense and minimally processed foods, and if you want to, eat "some" junk food, lets say KFC and Cheetos, but fit those foods into your macros, and with a little moderation you'll do quite well. Point being, don't stress out over a chicken wing or some corn. IIFYM.

oh I agree and I understand the need that folks should be using common sense along with learning about their own body needs too. I was just making a point about clean eating and how vague that term is and how different folks on MFP takes different meanings out of it

^ Absolutely, and this is one of the inherent problems with the term itself, and using that term to decide what to eat.

BTW I do eat junk food regularly but I just make a day out of it. Eat all kinds of crap and then burn off the extra calories. Seem to be working so far in terms of defusing my cravings for junk food and keeping my butt in line to keep more home-cooked meals on my table for the rest of the days
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Love this but just can wrap my head around most of it. If this were truly the case 90% of us wouldn't have gotten fat to begin with, how do you think we got here? Eating too much starchy white junk probably. I wish is were all true though, id have a much better time getting these last 5 lbs to budge!

Eating too many calories, period.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I like it, but what about the corn..... corn in a field...? :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Love this but just can wrap my head around most of it. If this were truly the case 90% of us wouldn't have gotten fat to begin with, how do you think we got here? Eating too much starchy white junk probably. I wish is were all true though, id have a much better time getting these last 5 lbs to budge!

It's absolutely 100% true. The problem is that peoples natural perceptions and methods don't always align with the science of your bodies needs. Until you take hold of your intake (tracking via MFP), and use it to first track how you used to eat...then use it to pinpoint a target intake, and regularly eat under your maintenance calories...you have no way of quantifying 'how you got fat'.
  • taunto
    Options

I still haven't been told if infact I would go blind touching myself too often. So you sir need to get in line
  • Sidesteal
    Options

The corn title was for my friends list. It started when someone made a post about how corn is toxic and leads to disease and makes lemmywinks go sprinting out of your colon or something ridiculous like that.

Being the troll that I am, I decided to run with it and post about all the vicious things that corn has done to me.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

I still haven't been told if infact I would go blind touching myself too often. So you sir need to get in line

If you can see to type...YOU are NOT touching yourself enough.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The

There you go with that crazy logic!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • taunto
    Options

If you can see to type...YOU are NOT touching yourself enough.

People see to type?

You can see whats written on your computer screen? Oh god i AM going blind :'(
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    The

There you go with that crazy logic!

Doh! I'm sorry I will answer again:

People get fat because of hand sanitizer.

If you think about it, in the past 10 to 15 years or so, the popularity of hand sanitizer has grown at an alarming rate. What do you see when you go shop at Target? A big jug of hand sanitizer. What about at the bank? Hand sanitizer.

There are epidemiological studies that conclusively show that the rise in obesity occurs at exactly the same time as hand sanitizer becomes popular. Why can't we just go back to the dirty, germ infested grubby handshake days where we would all get sick but we weren't as fat.

I'll be releasing this info in my new documentary:

Fat, Nearly Dead, Not Sick, and My Hands are SO Clean.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    What about exercise calories?? What do I do????
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Over consumption lead most overweight people to being overweight. You can overeat "brown" starchy junk and get fat as well as avocados and nuts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sidesteal
    Options

This is a question that will have different answers for different people. I will post on your wall.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Depends on the method you're using to determine your caloric intake target.

IF you use MFP...eat them back.

IF you use another method...you may not need to.
  • taunto
    Options

In Asia, we pretty much religiously eat white bread and white rice. We got thing folks and we got fat folks.
    We also have some of the old-school vegeterians. I know a bunch of vegetarians who're over-weight.

Point is that we don't get fat because of WHAT we eat, we get fat because of HOW MUCH we eat
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Depends on the method you're using to determine your caloric intake target.

IF you use MFP...eat them back.

IF you use another method...you may not need to.

^ This is a more concise way to say exactly what I just posted on her wall. LOL.
  • taunto
    Options

I typically eat about half of my calories back that I burn but only because I don't trust MFP database and if I ever bought a HRM I would start eating back most/all of my calories back
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You are now my hero :heart:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options