Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag.

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Its so hard sometimes...anything you say on MFP, someone will pull two words out of it and start a seven page argument. Its impossible to qualify every single solitary statement you make, particularly when you're trying to condense things into a simplified list as you did in your original post.

Seriously...a common sense filter should be a mandatory accessory before your computer will log into the internet.

I'm eating white rice today. I will now regain the 20 lbs I lost and will have to start over again.

I blame OP for his "sciency" stuff he's tryin to pull here
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    bump!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I agree with almost everything on the list. But some women do get bigger if they have a certain body type. It may not seem like much to a man, but it's a big deal to a woman.

That they care is not because women are overly vain or stupid; they are held to a more strict physical appearance standard than are men. Even if you want to see a change in the double standard it doesn't mean you can flat-out ignore it.

I've seen you say this a LOT. Some of your posts...I'm in agreeance with.

This...I am not.

I've helped 'pear shapes' with their weight loss. I've never seen this as an issue. You know what I believe in as well, heavy full body weight/strength training, cardio if it interests you.

Again...never. I'm not talking one or two examples either.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I see that I have offended you. I am in error. I should have said "we are not all suddenly allergic to gluten" not "you are not suddenly allergic to gluten." My intention was to criticize the fad diet, not attack your personal health issue. I did not communicate this very well.

That was a really nice response--please accept my apologies for my irritability. I agree with you that not everyone needs to avoid gluten, and for those who don't, they would save themselves a lot of trouble and headaches by not trying to.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I agree with almost everything on the list. But some women do get bigger if they have a certain body type. It may not seem like much to a man, but it's a big deal to a woman.

I don't understand this. Please qualify "certain body type."

Some people claim that if you are a pear shape, that you already have a lot of muscle in the lower half and thus should avoid using weights with your lower half because you will get bigger. So instead use weights on the upper half and cardio only on the lower half.

Well I'm a pear, and I call absolute bull **** on that claim.. I've been weight training my lower half ever since I started this journey, and all I've done is get smaller. So either I'm a special snow flake or I'm doing something wrong..

I am a 'pear shape' too and the fact that I am that shape is because I have a disproportionate amount of fat there, not muscle (sad but true :cry: ).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was very much pear shaped, and am now closer to hourglass shaped, thanks to strength training. Hips got narrower, shoulders got a little wider, waist looks smaller as a result of wider shoulders. Better proportions all around. Happy me. :happy:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I see that I have offended you. I am in error. I should have said "we are not all suddenly allergic to gluten" not "you are not suddenly allergic to gluten." My intention was to criticize the fad diet, not attack your personal health issue. I did not communicate this very well.

That was a really nice response--please accept my apologies for my irritability. I agree with you that not everyone needs to avoid gluten, and for those who don't, they would save themselves a lot of trouble and headaches by not trying to.

I really agree with this, and it's nice to see.
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this in such a logical, easy-to-follow format. :flowerforyou:

I haven't been on this site for very long and in reading through a gazillion (sometimes nonsensical) posts, I usually found myself taking what snippets *I* thought made sense (and would be easiest for me to maintain long term). Glad to see I wasn't far off. :drinker:
  • TheBigBoots
    TheBigBoots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You had me at "Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag."

Great post, thank you!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Lol, loving this post ;)
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    This is true and worked for me--the only thing that was a necessity for me was a food journal.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Nice :drinker:
  • twinmum1982
    Options
    Awesome post love it :wink:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I feel better eating less processed foods. I think a lot of it was that processed foods tend to have a lot of fat and salt in them for such a small amount of food that it really is not worth eating. Great example is pop-tarts. Who gets filled on pop-tarts? Also, pretzels, donuts, and animal crackers. All feel like air. 2 poptarts = 400 calories vs 3 egg omelette with 2 slices of cheese.=360 cals. There may be more fat in the omelette, but I can guarantee you will feel full longer. especially if you add a slice of whole wheat toast to the egg breakfast.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i think i'll friend you now!
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Right on...great post.

Totally great to remember all the short-cuts and "theory" we can engage in is no substitute for the basics -- eat less and workout more!

(Oh, and as for your speed-bagged man-parts -- that is an image I did NOT need burned into my mind! LOL!)
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this.
  • HannahPTA
    HannahPTA Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks! You made me laugh and smile today.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE

I know the kids don't do that these days, but FIST BUMP doesn't have the same right to it.

Thanks for this. So many people say so many of these strange quips. It's easy to get caught up in it, especially if a person is desperate. Fads, fads, fads.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I find your ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.