Tall girls and stilettos

Options
1235»

Replies

• spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I wear 4 and 5 inch heels at times. My husband is 6'7" so it doesn't seem that wierd around him. I feel out of place the most in church or some place where I have to stand with a bunch of other people and tower over them when I am 6'2" or 6'3" in the heels. My ex fiance was 1 inch shorter than me so I usually wore flats or low heels around him and I also dated a guy that was 2 inches shorter than me for a few months and I think I always wore flats with him. I don't mind being an inch or two taller but a half a foot makes me (and I am sure them although they wouldn't admit it) uncomfortable.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I JUST had the conversation "I know you think calling me amazonian is a compliment but it's not, so stop it, and it's not my fault everyone is short."
    I personally don't like it. For me that's the equivalent of calling me a giant, and what girl not in the WWE wants to be called that?

I LOVE being an Amazon! To me it brings to mind strong women who do what they want. What could be wrong with that? I'm 5'10" and am looking forward to wearing heels again. At my weight, they just hurt my feet too much.

Oh yeah, and Wonder Woman's an Amazon! lol.
  • thefrahmers
    Options
    Im 5'11 and SO jel of girls who can wear heels - im way to self-conscious, i feel like a man in drag in them. :(

eh? Dang Scarlett, just wanted to say, you do not have the face for "a man in drag" - wear the damn heels and if anybody were to insult you, saying you looked like a man in drag, their eyesight would need to be tested! :flowerforyou:

I completely agree ! :)

Aw guys you made a tear come to my eye! (no joke) Thanks! :D Maybe in 10lbs i'll buy some nice wedges and show you all :D

PLEASE do that ! :D
  • Emily61905
    Options
    As of right now? 5'11 425lbs and I still will rock a pair heels! I dont care.
    I'm so tall anyway people are always staring. (Either because of my height or my weight).
    I say let people look. At least you know you're looking your best and *kitten* the rest!

If you dont like you then who will?
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Something to be said about a tall lady wearing heels who DOES NOT slouch! It is an instant turn on! It is also awesome when a 6'4" man and a lady at just a little less height are walking and people just stop and stare. Love it!

Rock those heels and be proud of your height! God spent a little extra on you the day he created you!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and I absolutely love wearing heels! They make you 20 pounds slimmer in an instant! The only problem is me already being so tall.. I tend to make friends with really small people, lol. That makes me kind of self consious about my height..

What do you guys think when you see a really tall girl in a pair of killer heels?
    They do it to check out guy's bald spots.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thefrahmers
    Options

Rock those heels and be proud of your height! God spent a little extra on you the day he created you!

I'm so gonna save this forever, awesome quote right there .. Thank you!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    When I see girls out on the town & everyone is in heels except the tallest is in flats I think she's self-conscious. When I see a tall girl in heels I think she's proud of her height & owns it! I think it's awesome.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't wear heels because
    I'm clumsy, I like to walk fast, and I'm clumsy:blushing:
    I'm 5'10 and haven't worn heels in years. Never had an occasion to wear them. I do have some but they sit in the closet with my fancy dresses and fancy purses.
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5ft10 and my heels are always skyscraper. Though, i prefer a wedge or sturdy heel to a stilletto...less obvious. And my friends are all petite so i tend to look like some kind of amazonian haha

Also, does anyone find they attract alot of older men and really short men???? I hate this!! :huh:

I JUST had the conversation "I know you think calling me amazonian is a compliment but it's not, so stop it, and it's not my fault everyone is short."
    I personally don't like it. For me that's the equivalent of calling me a giant, and what girl not in the WWE wants to be called that?

Exactly!!! haha I hear amazonian I think big, butch, masculine. Of which i am generally, not. So i'm no waif but broad and mannish is far from me :/ And totally agreed! "It's not my fault everyone else is short" is my exact response when people tell me i am tall :laugh:
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    all i can say is uncomfortable trips on a plane
  • thefrahmers
    Options
    all i can say is uncomfortable trips on a plane

What, you don't wear heels often? ;)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I say wear them if you want to and don't if you don't want to. I have no issues with tall women in heels. but then again I am 6'4", so maybe my perspective give me a different view.