Do people log their alcohol intake.

Options
1235»

Replies

• briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I log every bit of my alcohol. Sometimes the details are a bit hazy, but I always over estimate if that's the case. I drank sooooo much before I started using this site. I've definitely cut it down. It's all tracked, feel free to check out my diary!
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yes absolutely! If I'm going to be true to myself I've got to honest about my logging :)
  • hosment
    hosment Posts: 12
    Options
    You're probably meant to but everyone needs a night off now and again to enjoy themselves. If I've been good the rest of the week and losing at a rate I'm happy with I don't see the problem with giving yourself a break every so often- just moderation is the key I guess. Some lower calorie options for drinks can be gin and slimline tonic rather than wine, beer or cocktails and steer clear of sugary drinks and juices as a mixer- go for diet mixers instead.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hiiii people.
    I am a university student, and drink a lot of alcohol during the week, and it isn't just the odd glass of wine or anything, sometimes it's a he'll of a lot more! I log my alcohol, but then realise that I have to subsitute meals as other wise I will go over my daily goal of calories (1,200) do other people do this? Friends that I have on here don't seem too, or are just tee total and don't touch. The stuff!

Really appreciate your insight
    N ell x

You should log everything, booze too.

If that means you are cutting down on your food in order to stay within your daily calorie allowance then that alone, should tell you something.

If you do not log the booze calories, you are just fooling yourself, because not logging them does not make them disappear, you are still consuming them, they still count, log or no log.

Perhaps those that you are talking about do not drink much at all, hence why they do not appear to log their booze.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    YEP! Every ounce.

i put them in the snack bracket
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I believe alcohol can be calorific, you should log it
  • takechances
    Options
    I'm not going to beat the dead horse here and tell you to log them, but I do have a question.
    Are you trying to lose weight for your health? Or is it strictly for outside appearance?
    It it's for your health, I would seriously consider cutting back on the alcohol intake.