Worst part about losing weight

Options

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have parts shrinking I don't want to shrink, but my hubby is being a good sport (he said, "oh well more than a handful's a waste anyway." what a doll!)

And the other is dealing with clothes issues...all my "fat" clothes are getting too big but I have 20 lbs to go, so I'm not ready to spend time and money buying much new stuff right now. I do hit the second-hand stores, might have to look up "free cycle" or whatever that is, thanks for the idea!

My fiance says the exact same thing! So glad he doesn't mind, haha. But yeah, I hate the "interim" clothes thing... I bought $10 jeans at Forever 21 to tide me over because like hell I'm going to spend $50+ on pants I can only wear for a couple months!
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I now feel the cold! And we are not getting a good summer this year in the UK :(

I'm pretty shrewd with clothes. we live in relatively posh area in berkshire (im not posh) so the charity shops are gold mines for designer jeans and quality clothes.

My cycling kit is a problem it was all expensive stuff. None of it fits me now.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Feeling the cold again is brutal - especially in our Alberta Winters where some days it's -30 or less. Now, since I lost my 'insulation', I start shivering in the Fall and pull out the long johns way before Winter LOL
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Being noticed because of being thinner, but still being the same old troll on the inside.

I also miss eating without counting.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1. Not even knowing how to shop for clothes anymore. I have no idea if something fits, even when trying it on.

2. The change in identity that has gone along with it has been confusing and, at times, scary. It bewilders me that people don't seem to think that I'm fat anymore (I know I'm not, but I still think I am.).

3. This isn't about weight loss, but it's related: I miss eating whatever I felt like eating whenever I wanted to. I miss eating because I was bored or had time to kill. I miss getting (what I used to think were) great deals on tubs of ice cream and other junk food.

Despite this stuff, though, it's still 100% worthwhile and I'll never regret getting to a healthy weight. The pros outweigh the cons a million times over.

All the above...although #2 I am still fat and still have 45 pounds to lose.

I agree with you on this. Especially #2. I've lost 167 lbs but when I look in the mirror, I still see the fat me looking back. Sadly I have a lot of skin. The arms aren't to bad but the belly is.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I feel like I get chilled a lot easier. I can actually feel cold!

I have nothing to wear, clothes shopping gives me panic attacks because I have no idea what size to try or what fits.

I wish my husband would join me in being active.

I feel awkward receiving compliments about my weight loss.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    The hard lesson that the scale lies!
    For instance....
    You weight yourself on Monday at 135lbs.
    You work out and lift heavy and squat like a champ for an hour.
    You eat your 1700 cals (20% below TDEE).
    The next day you weigh 139lbs.....???????
    WTFGLYCOGENWATERRETENTION?!?!?!?
    =D
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Do you have free cycle.com where you live? You might look into that and just ask if someone has jeans they are about to donate.

If the clothes that are too big are in good shape, see if there's a consignment shop near you that will take them. That will also get you some $$ to spend on the size you need. Or if you've been itching to de-clutter the house anyway, have a yard sale and sell those too-big items as part of that - again, it will get you a few $$ to spend on the right size, especially if you can join with some friends who want to do the same, so it's a big enough event to attract more buyers.
  • saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im tall (6ft) so only about 2 stores make jeans that are long enough and are "Affordable" (Target and Old Navy). Ive been scoping out thift stores for months now and have yet to come across my size (now 8T- was 10-12T). Luckily since its summers I will be wearing shorts most of the times. Hopefully by the fall they will have more sales.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    My wife and I are both participating, so I'm saying, smaller boobs.

Don't worry, I'm sure your wife still loves you, even with your smaller boobs.
  • TahanyE
    TahanyE Posts: 83
    Options
    Staying on track when I have an unsupportive unhealthy spouse. And buying new clothes. That crap is expensive.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Being the ONLY one in the house watching what you're eating! :S
  • skinnycow197
    Options
    I was very lucky about clothes. I lost 40lbs rather quickly, and when we moved to our new house my neighbor and I were complaining. Me, about jumping from a size 15 to a 9 and having one pair of pants and no shirts. She, 6 months pregnant and in desperate need of 15s. So we swapped. However im almost in a 7... So I will need some new stuff soon.
  • Aka8941
    Aka8941 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Worst part about losing weight is when you stop losing weight.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    losing my boobs and all my clothes look like giant bags.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    ill fitting clothes... and shoes... and underwear. this is TMIall of my panties are so big I either have to hike them up so that they rest right under my boobs or i dont and the bunch up around the lower belly :laugh:

i'm still a bit aways away from my goal weight and i dont have a lot of extra $$ anyway, so i dont want to spend $$ on stuff that's going to end up not fitting me in a month or so.

guess i'll just ne looking like a ragamuffin for awhile
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with the getting new clothes, luckily I saved a lot of clothes so there aren't too many things I need replaced. I only gained 20 lbs and that has been within about a 3 year time period. So it's not like I need a whole new wardrope but there are definitely things I need to replace and get, for instance I have NO shorts because I use to not want to be caught in shorts and so with the hot humid midwest summers and feeling comfortable wearing shorts now rather than capris I had to go and get some this weekend-luckily I hit a sale so I got some good deal!

I wish I had friends that I could trade out clothes it would make it a little better, but all my friends and I are about the same size and we losing weight together so the clothes that were too big for them are too big for the rest of us as well!
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My family haven't seen me since I started to lose weight in August. I live in Calgary, they are in California; I've been dying to send them pics but am waiting to show off in person. They are coming for a visit, during the Calgary Stampede in just 20 days. So excited to see them at the airport, and show off the new me!

I've not posted here cause two siblings are friends MFP. Neither needs to lose the weight I do and one is an athlete, trying to lose BF and a bit of weight for a big bike race in the fall.

My mini goal is to lose three more pounds by the time they get here.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    All the money I have to spend on new clothes!

this. I love shopping now, but unfortunately most of my new stuff is coming form the thrift store. Thank goodness I saved so much of my old stuff. I almost got rid of it a year ago.
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    definitely my clothes not fitting any more. I don't want to throw all my nice clothes away, and it would cost a fortune to buy everything again in a smaller size. atm I'm just using the one and only belt I could find that fits me

also, I find that my legs bruise so easily now, and I'm guessing that's in some way related to the weight loss? it was never a problem for me before, but now I seem to get a new bruise on each leg every single day :ohwell:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!