Worst part about losing weight

Options

Replies

• BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    losing my BOOBS! lol

Boobs are overrated compared to the great feeling of fitting into your skinny clothes and knowing you are regaining good health and strength!!
    :laugh:
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    New clothes. I have one pair of jeans left that fit me. Being a law student, mom, and on one military income, I cannot justify spending $30+ for a new pair of jeans. I really wish I had not donated all of my other pre-pregnancy jeans :(

Good Will or Salvation Army Stores will be your friend!!
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Being cold all the time. Seems like everyone I know is still heavy and likes to run the air full blast.
  • soniabraids
    Options
    Shrinking boobs & not being able to seat for more than a few minutes on a hard surface (less cushion in the rear)
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That everything is shrinking BUT my boobs :laugh: Honestly, I hate having big breasts. If I could give them away, I would.

In all seriousness, I think the worst thing about losing weight is the anxiety of being judged. In my house, I was always the skinniest and my mom and sister have been overweight most of their lives, while my dad has always been fit because of his job in construction. I gained weight over the past few years and now I'm changing things. However, now I'm more conscience of what they think of me. My dad turns his nose up at me, since staying fit has always been natural to him so he doesn't understand it. My sister has been trying to diet for years and I think she resents me for doing it and having a bit more success than her (she's been in a plateau for a while). And then I feel like my mother thinks that I think I'm better than her since I'm eating healthy even though I don't. I would love it if she tried to lose weight too but she doesn't have the commitment to try (I have been cooking for the family so I can at least help her with one meal :wink: )

So, yeah, I can handle the superficial changes, but the emotional dynamics in my house since this change is pretty stressful. I will be glad when I get to my goal weight so maybe things will be different.
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes is really getting harder and harder. At first it was ok but having to keep doing it gets expensive :/ I have been letting my jeans get really baggy and shirts be big on me. I love having to buy new clothes but I have a son to take care of so my needs come last. I try and get clothes on sale when I can. Another thing that bugs me is this loose skin! I work out but I still have loose skin under my arms and my belly where I had my c-section. Those two spots are the hardest for me!
  • jenmfpal
    jenmfpal Posts: 124
    Options
    I have three I'd like to vent:

1. When people ask me my 'secret' and then they practically roll their eyes at me when I tell them: healthy eating, working hard at the gym and a behavior plan. It's like they'd prefer I was loosing with Jenny Craig or WW. Not so glamorous, that I'm doing it on my own?

2. The awkward position I'm put in when congratulated by someone about my success that will make a loved one feel bad (ex my sister at a family event) who isn't having success.

3. Also, very frustrating, when people think it is OK to ask my weight or my current size.

Agree with the above comments too ;-) thanks for the great post
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I lost my butt! I had the greatest a** before I started and now it's dwindling! I would have thought the boobs would go. I would have rather the boobs go! I have so much to give in that department!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am having issue with clothes to. I try to only by a few things at a time. I am a in a smaller size than I was in High School, The clothes I bought a month ago I cant wear anymore. I am at my goal weight i think, but I am going to wait a couple more weeks
    before we replace the whole wardrobe
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    My boobs are shrinking, as is my butt. My fiance isn't excited.

And I agree, I miss being able to eat whatever the hell I want to whenever I want. But it does feel better when I can't finish dessert or a full meal!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    When you work hard to get into a shirt/jeans/etc that are a little tight and you lose so much that they no longer fit you.

That and getting used to your face looking different, that has been a struggle for me.

(For those who lose fast) loose skin would probably also be an issue.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    saggy boobs
  • loloco2
    loloco2 Posts: 4
    Options
    For me it's the loose skin under my chin. YUK!!!! But wouldn't change it for anything.
  • ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went through my clothes to get rid of a bunch of stuff that I absolutely can't wear anymore because they just look like bags hanging off of me. 4 of my ultimate favourite shirts I have ever had, and 1 of the best pairs of jeans I've ever had and barely worn are in that bag :( The beginning is fun because you go 'shopping in your closet' and find all this stuff that you used to love and can't wear anymore. When you pass that phase, your wardrobe starts shrinking again, and it makes me sad :(

I'm not sure if I'll pass the phase of shopping in my closet! I have jeans from a size 8 all the way to a 20. I used to be an 8/10 until a few years ago when I started drinking way too much soda! Now I'm up to a 20. I will get back down to an 8!!!! And I have shirts from a small up to an XL.. So, it looks like I'll be shopping in my closet for a long, long time!
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went through my clothes to get rid of a bunch of stuff that I absolutely can't wear anymore because they just look like bags hanging off of me. 4 of my ultimate favourite shirts I have ever had, and 1 of the best pairs of jeans I've ever had and barely worn are in that bag :( The beginning is fun because you go 'shopping in your closet' and find all this stuff that you used to love and can't wear anymore. When you pass that phase, your wardrobe starts shrinking again, and it makes me sad :(

I totally agree with you. I was so sad about a particular silk top that I started combing thrift stores looking for it in a smaller size after not being able to find it on Craigslist. It took a while, but I've got it and it was only $2.50, instead of about $50. That was a very happy day.

Loose skin and saggy boobs are definitely the worst part though. I have lost about 95 from my highest weight, so my arms have a ton of extra skin.
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both participating, so I'm saying, smaller boobs.

Don't worry, I'm sure your wife still loves you, even with your smaller boobs.
    Haha, I thought exactly the same thing. :-)

For me there's no real downside. The calorie counting isn't too bad, and any post-exercise pain that I feel during isn't because of the weight loss per se, it's because I was fat and unfit in the first place. I think back to how I would have felt if I'd tried the same exercise a year ago - no comparison.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Stupidly enough, the fact that none of my clothes fit anymore. I know that's supposed to be a good thing and really it is, but I have been large for so long that I don't have ANY smaller size clothes in my wardrobe. So far I've gone from a pant size of 46-48 down to about a 42-44 so NONE of my pants fit They are even sails when I wear a tight belt...if I don't they fall to my ankles while zipped and buttoned.

Having to buy new clothes and get them hemmed cause I'm short also sucks. I picked up a few pairs of jeans at the thrift store because my goal is 40 pounds less than I am now. Therefore I'm not buying a new wardrobe till I'm at maintenance weight.
  • Randomcheese
    Randomcheese Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1. When people ask me my 'secret' and then they practically roll their eyes at me when I tell them: healthy eating, working hard at the gym and a behavior plan. It's like they'd prefer I was loosing with Jenny Craig or WW. Not so glamorous, that I'm doing it on my own?

I usually make a big production about it. Bring 'em in close, look around for eaves-droppers then whisper: "I eat less." When they roll their eyes, I pretend to get angry and wag my finger at them. "Don't tell anybody, this whole 'eat less' diet is going to make me rich. I'm talking books, videos, infomercials... you want in?"
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I wasn't even remotely prepared for the mental part of loosing weight. I don't think that my weight loss has been major (I've gone from a 14/6 to an 8 and still want to loose maybe 12-15 more) but I still see myself the same, even though I know I'm not. It's been very hard to see myself now, because I looked at my old self for so long. Does that make sense? It's a little head trippy and I had no idea that happened. I thought you'd just....bam, get skinny and get on with you hot self.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    As silly as this might sound... the worst part for me is that my mom and my best friend are losing weight too (that's not the bad part...that is freakin' awesome!) They are a couple sizes behind me, so all of my bigger clothes go to them, while I am left with nothing to wear :angry: There are mornings that I put on 3 different pairs of pants before I find ones that aren't too tight or too loose. While getting ready for work that is super frustrating. But you know what???? I'll TAKE IT!:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!