Worst part about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Squeezalsize10
    Options
    When you are the only one trying to do it in your house, have to do different meals, and not eating MY SWEETS!!!!!

I know that feeling
  • Heartmyjrt
    Heartmyjrt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    All the money I have to spend on new clothes!

Very true, new clothes, new scrubs for work, new workout clothes, new bras, new swim suits, new coats LOL!!
    BUT!!! smaller clothes are much more sexy than plus sized clothes .... well to me anyways :)
  • Randomcheese
    Randomcheese Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Reading through this thread has been an eye opener. I never considered any of the fashion/wardrobe consequences of weight loss. To all the ladies struggling to meet society's effed-up double-standards of appearance I apologize on behalf of my gender and wish you the best of luck. But I'm going to keep bragging about how I have to pull up my pants because they're too big for me now and pointing out how many holes I've punched in the belt i bought eight years ago and how much of my waistband material is bunched up now that I'm using the new holes.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    There should be a place on here where people can pass down their clothes to others. A pay-it-forward kind of thing. I would be glad to take anyone's size 16-20 when you skinny out of them :) I have some 22-28 to pass along too. If anyone needs them, send me a message :)

Not a bad idea! =) I was thinking about this but didn't know if it would work, there are people all over the place here..
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went through my clothes to get rid of a bunch of stuff that I absolutely can't wear anymore because they just look like bags hanging off of me. 4 of my ultimate favourite shirts I have ever had, and 1 of the best pairs of jeans I've ever had and barely worn are in that bag :( The beginning is fun because you go 'shopping in your closet' and find all this stuff that you used to love and can't wear anymore. When you pass that phase, your wardrobe starts shrinking again, and it makes me sad :(

Yes, this. When my husband was in Korea I went to visit and had some dress slacks custom made that were absolutely gorgeous on me. I've been dying to get back into them for years. I completely missed my window for wearing them again. I'm a SAHM now, so not too many reasons to wear slacks and it's HOT. Tried them on the other day and almost too big :(. I'm hoping I can get them altered when I'm done losing weight, but I still have 20ish to go and I think it might be too much to take in.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    New clothes. Hadn't really thought I'd lose enough wait that I'd have to buy them.
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love working out - but like you, hate push-ups, but do them cuz they're so amazing. More than push-ups though, I hate pull-ups!
    The new clothes thing is expensive. I've had to buy new everything, from undies to coats. It's insane!
    But, I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    definitely my clothes not fitting any more. I don't want to throw all my nice clothes away, and it would cost a fortune to buy everything again in a smaller size. atm I'm just using the one and only belt I could find that fits me

also, I find that my legs bruise so easily now, and I'm guessing that's in some way related to the weight loss? it was never a problem for me before, but now I seem to get a new bruise on each leg every single day :ohwell:

I think the bruising has to do with calorie restriction. Make sure you're getting all the vitamins/minerals you need. I'm taking a mulitvitamin everyday because I know I'm not getting all the nutrients I need everyday. While I stay within my calories most days I don't always make the healthiest choices.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both participating, so I'm saying, smaller boobs.

As my boyfriend tells me every day: "You don't have to lose weight....I love your boobs!"

-_-
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1. Not even knowing how to shop for clothes anymore. I have no idea if something fits, even when trying it on.

2. The change in identity that has gone along with it has been confusing and, at times, scary. It bewilders me that people don't seem to think that I'm fat anymore (I know I'm not, but I still think I am.).

3. This isn't about weight loss, but it's related: I miss eating whatever I felt like eating whenever I wanted to. I miss eating because I was bored or had time to kill. I miss getting (what I used to think were) great deals on tubs of ice cream and other junk food.

Despite this stuff, though, it's still 100% worthwhile and I'll never regret getting to a healthy weight. The pros outweigh the cons a million times over.

I feel your pain...
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    The worse part of being fit?
    That's easy.
    Looking good is the very worse part. The second worse part is feeling great about yourself.
    And people will come up to you and give compliments. They'll ask how you did it.

I lost over 70lbs, and the above is the worse part about being fit, In other words, there are NO DRAWBACKS.
    It's all good..
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilty when I splurge and drink....my boyfriend says I drink like a fish, so on an average drinking binge I can shoot back 1500 cals or more.....but I LOVE to drink. Thank god it only happens once a week.
  • Melampus
    Melampus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have not found any disadvantage to being lighter so far. For clothes it is a case of swapping back to the ones in the wardrobe that I didn't used to be able to fit into.

Interesting point about other people in the house being with you. I take the view that as I am generally cooking I get to set what we eat. I'm counting what I eat and my partner is not but we don't have to eat different meals. Sometimes she buys things that are a bit higher calorie or higher fat than I would have chosen in which case I balance the day with a lean salad.
  • jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    feeling like the weight is not coming off fast enough! I've adopted all these healthy habits but still stuck in this not-so-healthy-looking body...and I didn't ever feel my fat was a problem until I started losing it and saw what I COULD and SHOULD look like.
  • KBreezy76
    KBreezy76 Posts: 13
    Options
    Yeah. The boobs were the first to go. On the plus side I can wear a sports bra without looking like I am smuggling melons! No more bras with extra wide bands and shoulder cushions! .
    For the money thing, I got some fab and almost new,designer jeans for 25c/pair at my neighbor's yard sale! That $150 I saved will go a long way toward replacing any other wardrobe essentials.
    This!! Love it!! Totally agree...and I also have a hard time staying focused when I hit a mini goal...its been such a long road and I'm beat!! Lol...but I gotta keep plugging along!
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yeah. The boobs were the first to go. On the plus side I can wear a sports bra without looking like I am smuggling melons! No more bras with extra wide bands and shoulder cushions! .

My belly sticks out more than my boobs. I've always said that if I weren't fat I'd be flat-chested. I guess I'm going to find out now! However, after watching Dexter, where the casting director seems to have a thing for flat-chested anorexics, I guess flat-chested isn't a death knell for looking sexy. ;-) Most places don't even carry a 44B, so I'm looking forward to being able to buy bras in regular stores, even if they do end up being training bras!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Definitely buying new clothes for me, but the local thrift stores have become my best friends. I cannot get everything I want from them, but I try to select clothes items that I will actually wear. I also donate clothes to them that don't fit anymore, so it works well.
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1. Not even knowing how to shop for clothes anymore. I have no idea if something fits, even when trying it on.

2. The change in identity that has gone along with it has been confusing and, at times, scary. It bewilders me that people don't seem to think that I'm fat anymore (I know I'm not, but I still think I am.).

3. This isn't about weight loss, but it's related: I miss eating whatever I felt like eating whenever I wanted to. I miss eating because I was bored or had time to kill. I miss getting (what I used to think were) great deals on tubs of ice cream and other junk food.

Despite this stuff, though, it's still 100% worthwhile and I'll never regret getting to a healthy weight. The pros outweigh the cons a million times over.

I never know what looks good on me or for how long I will get to wear it. I've had to buy 2 whole brand new wardrobes for work and its getting expensive to buy new suits every 2 months.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I miss my big boobs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!