Worst part about losing weight

Options

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think the worse thing ive experieced is having to deal with the mental "image" of myself that is not healthy/true anymore.

Realizing my relationship with food was unhealthy and destructive.

Focus of my weight everytime someone sees me who hasnt seen me in a while.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Being scared of all that flabby loose skin that might show up! I've been big all my life and even though I'm only 22 (stretchier skin!) I still find myself worrying about it.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My problem is STRETCH marks. Especially on my legs and thighs where I carried most of the weight I lost. :ohwell:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    When you are the only one trying to do it in your house, have to do different meals, and not eating MY SWEETS!!!!!

I have to agree, when no one else in the house is doing it~
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    ONE of the worst parts is when the clothes start getting too big (but the wonderful part about that is buying new clothes when I'm finally down to my goal weight/size).

For me the actual worst part about losing weight, is looking in the mirror and seeing how far I've come but realizing that I've still got a ways to go. I'm thankful for my progress, but there's always more work ahead! :-)
  • culichi
    culichi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well my friend after all the time that I have work to lose wreigth I don't think there is anything bad about it. It is all good, Ofcouse I nedd to lose 20 more puonds so I guess a have not get to the bad part of the deal, but I really what to get there
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    There should be a place on here where people can pass down their clothes to others. A pay-it-forward kind of thing. I would be glad to take anyone's size 16-20 when you skinny out of them :) I have some 22-28 to pass along too. If anyone needs them, send me a message :)

Same.

I gained most of my weight over one year, so most of my jeans have really bad thigh blowouts. I would be willing to take anybody's size 16 jeans!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My wife says my suit is looking too big, at my size suits are pricy, and I don't relish the idea of getting a new suit every 20 pounds lost and then dumping it while its still wearable
  • kbresso
    kbresso Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My boobies. Are. Gone.

^^^This. Not that I had much to work in the first place but now...:cry:
  • PandoraMoon
    Options
    My boobies. Are. Gone.

This
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Right now the hardest thing is my fiance. It isn't that he is unsupportive (quite the opposite, he helps motivate me and tells me he's proud of me for pushing through harder and harder things). It's that he has hyperthyroidism and is struggling to GAIN weight. Since I love cooking, it can be hard to cook things that are healthy for me but will also pack pounds on him. Luckily we're starting to learn how to deal with this, but it's still tough at times.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ive been famous for my big *kitten* forever...and its slowly gone down a bit...i think it feels like its gone down more just because none of my jeans fit..which is a good thing ina way cause i was bursting out of them befoe this...once i buy new jeans that hug my *kitten* though i think it will be back to lookin slammin again hahaha it still looks great in undiess too =D but yea def losing boobies and *kitten* and such..and constantly not being able to eat what other ppl eat
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My boobies. Are. Gone.

^^^This. Not that I had much to work in the first place but now...:cry:

agreeeddd...mine arent gone quite yet...but they are back to just a solid B cup...i was a full C when i was at my heaviest..but i also had nasty stretch marks on my boobies and since i lost weight they went away!
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    the plateaus. Been fighting one for almost a month. But always have to think on the bright side... It'll end sometime!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Second hand or consignment stores are great for this issue if you are just going through sizes.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    losing my BOOBS! lol
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    i have to run a lil farther bc the weight I lost isnt the same as it was before on my treadmill calories...if thats a bad thing...:wink:
  • Betrbleave
    Betrbleave Posts: 37
    Options
    stretch marks
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I have one pair of jeans left that fit me. Being a law student, mom, and on one military income, I cannot justify spending $30+ for a new pair of jeans. I really wish I had not donated all of my other pre-pregnancy jeans :(

PLATO's Closet (if you have one nearby, is a great place to buy name brand jeans for around $12!) Happy Shopping!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Def the having to get new clothes, or having to wear a belt to hold up your baggy jeans. EMBARRASING

I bought cute suspenders and I even wear them with my dress slacks (much to the chagrin of my 14 year old daughter!) Haha...I don't care, because I know that I am doing what is good for me...and someday soon...I will have a new skinny wardrobe...

Also, meantime, I am shopping thrift shops and garage sales to find clothes that fit (also had a whole boutique of sizes in the back of my closet and it is very satisfying to go there and find something cute that fits again!! YAY!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!