Are you good at math?

Options
1235»

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    not without an excel spreadsheet ... there are many things I'm good at math is not one of them, I've learnt not to focus on this too much ... dispite this never been overdrawn so must be doing something right
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can do basic math no prob. Currently in Calculus class and totally frustrated! Even went into the tutor lab yesterday, and the example problems made total sense, then left alone to do my own homework and my mind went completely blank :frown:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Since school I have been of the thought that I sucked so bad at maths but I went back to college and I had to take a maths exam as part of my course. I passed it 100%... Obviously I don't suck as much as I thought when I actually want to put my mind to it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I can do what I need to (I am English, it's mathS here). I don't enjoy maths, I am not a natural numbers person, and I find it very boring, but I'm not stupid, I have a science degree, I can get my brain around the stuff I need to do.
  • kraj8995
    kraj8995 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes I am good at math and i got 96 marks when i was in 12 class and i solve any equation.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I balance the checkbook every month, does that count?

Are there really people out there who use an actual cheque book?!?!? Wow.

Sorry if I'm sounding judgmental, but I thought these things went the way of the old passbooks, and the dodo.
    Perhaps that was the wrong choice of wording. How about balancing the bank account?
    We do still use checks on a very limited basis. Some transactions require it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm nifty with money - bank accounts etc. but pretty useless with formulae. Hence I didn't pursue electronics beyond college.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    This why I use AutoCAD.....All I ever need to know is pi and the Pythagorean theorem
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    great at geometry, algerbra, and trig. in fact I used to enjoy being in math class and got put in advanced ones.

cant multiply by nines without using my fingers

fail

I am exactly the opposite. I can multiply nines and 12's without using my fingers, but sucked at geometry, algebra, calculus etc.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I like math. It's the bomb and very useful!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    8046_original_h55EO.jpg
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have dyscalculia, which is a real disability involving math. I almost didn't pass high school because of it. I had to go up to the University and take a Psychological test that determined which parts of my brain were used and which were not (no joke.) It came out that once math problems got too complex, my mind stopped putting things together. It's like having dyslexia, but with math and numbers. They legally had to let me graduate high school and the university had to let me in short my math credits. It was really weird. But to this day I can't multiply without counting on my fingers and can't divide. It also took me many, many years to learn how to read an analog clock.

The funny thing is, once people hear about this disability, suddenly everyone who is every bad at math has it....it cracks me up because only about 5% of the population of the world has it. You couldn't imagine what it's like until you're brain legitimately stops working math problems. it irritated the hell out of me to hear my friends try and claim it on themselves....I would spend hours in front of a math book crying my eyes out because the numbers were absolute gibberish to me. So no, no one on this post has it....and you should thank god for that every day.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Took all the way through differential equations in college. I use nothing more advanced than trig in my engineering career though.