Anyone wanna join? 30 Day Shred Today!

Options

Replies

• DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Day One - complete. I was so sore from strength training on Tuesday so yesterday I felt like I was going to die after the first 6 minutes but I managed to complete the video. I also took some pictures before the start of the exercise, I am hoping to see some updates and also will weigh-in again on Day 5.

Way to keep pushing, that's great!!
  • nsh4267
    nsh4267 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started 30 DS yesterday. I didn't even do all the reps of each part and I still hurt. My legs, abs, and in front of my armpits hurt. I also have been doing zumba and the treadmill. Day 2 today after work.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I am not gonna lie the first 3 days were hell but I am starting to see the difference all around my body and amazed at the endurance I have built up along the way in just 2 weeks.

Day 3 - done! Thanks for saying this, it really helps to hear the success others have had! Makes me believe I can do it!
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    DAY 2 Complete!!!! MY arms are shaking, and I am sweating more than yesterday!!! I was able to push myself harder today, and could keep up more!!! I added a second bra since my boobs were holding me back...lol Made me feel more undercontrol....lol LETS DO THIS!!!!!! Great job ladies!!!!! 28 days to go:)

Well done! Keep pushing yourself!
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    Oh, and I went from half an easy push up the first day (yikes) to 4 easy ones today! Yaaaaa!

That's awesome. Good job getting it in even though it was late!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I am not gonna lie the first 3 days were hell but I am starting to see the difference all around my body and amazed at the endurance I have built up along the way in just 2 weeks.

Day 3 - done! Thanks for saying this, it really helps to hear the success others have had! Makes me believe I can do it!

You CAN do it!!
  • leenamae
    leenamae Posts: 4
    Options
    managed to get thru day 2 even in the 98 degree/humid as hell weather yesterday :/ went much better than day 1 and not really sore today. hope it keeps getting better :)
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting today..but TOM starts sunday and I don'r want my work to be in vain. Should I start anyway..?
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I was planning on starting today..but TOM starts sunday and I don'r want my work to be in vain. Should I start anyway..?

I would, we are gonna have our periods, might as well learn how to work out with em too I guess. I've heard a lot of people say that working out alleviates some of their symptoms. Maybe it's the endorphin's that are released, I'm not sure. I say tear it up sister!!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    managed to get thru day 2 even in the 98 degree/humid as hell weather yesterday :/ went much better than day 1 and not really sore today. hope it keeps getting better :)

Way to keep pushing through it, it WILL get easier!!
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    so my son broke our DVD player so I was not going to do the 30DS.. I loaded it up on youtube, got half way through and it started skipping, so I got the bright idea to put the DVD in my computer...HA who would have ever thought of that:) Needless to say I got my workout in plus some!! Day 3 Complete!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    so my son broke our DVD player so I was not going to do the 30DS.. I loaded it up on youtube, got half way through and it started skipping, so I got the bright idea to put the DVD in my computer...HA who would have ever thought of that:) Needless to say I got my workout in plus some!! Day 3 Complete!

LOVE!!
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    Question (especially for those who have had success!):
    What size hand weights are you using? It doesn't specify. I'm using my husband's 5 lb weights (each one is 5 pounds) and they seem, well... heavy! In the video, theirs look much smaller. Should I be using a 2.5 pound weight in each hand?
    Thanks!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Use whatever you feel comfortable with!

L1-D7 complete for me!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Maybe you guys should do a closed FB page for those who are involved with the Shred so that you can post privately without everyone on MFP reading. Just a thought. When I do Challenge Groups my members get a closed FB page so they can post whatever they want without fear of ppl not involved in the Challenge reading...
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Question (especially for those who have had success!):
    What size hand weights are you using? It doesn't specify. I'm using my husband's 5 lb weights (each one is 5 pounds) and they seem, well... heavy! In the video, theirs look much smaller. Should I be using a 2.5 pound weight in each hand?
    Thanks!

You can use 2.5 or 3lb weights, I have the 3 and 5 lbs, if your 5's feel too heavy I would bump it down to 3's until you are feeling a bit stronger!

And thank you for the suggestion Robyn!
  • LaniCanDoIt
    Options
    Day 2 = done!! Not as bad as day 1 but I noticed I do sweat more :smooched: excited to move on to day 3 today.
  • aztraea
    aztraea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 5 done. Was going to rest tomorrow, but think I'll push through so I can be on track for 6xweek. Going on vacation at the end of July and want to finish it up before I leave!
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just joined MFP and would love to get started with the 30 day shred.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just joined MFP and would love to get started with the 30 day shred.

AWESOME!!!! Good Luck! Keep us posted on your progress!!! I will be doing day 4 tonight!! Great way to start out strong:)