'thigh gap'?

Options

Replies

• teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    My bf percentage is 16% at the most. People actually say I look anorexic or close to it if you can't see that then you must be blind or its bad pictures. I'm not criticizing I'm only saying looking like anorexic isn't a good thing especially on purpose. You seem like you're trying to knock me down when I've never even done anything to you or anyone else. Face it you seem to have issues with weight move on.

Oh yeah and I'm basically intimating you do have an anorexic view of things. Especially if you're going to say I look heavy. You prove my point with your own comments thank you.

Hahaha you're the one that says you look anorexic and somehow I'm the one that has an anorexic view of things? I'm trying to prove the point that thigh gaps can be healthy and you automatically accuse me of something that ridiculous.

I don't have issues with weight, but I have issues with girls who accuse other girls of debilitating mental diseases, all because they have physical properties that they themselves don't and never will have.

Going on about how you look anorexic isn't helping your point either.

I look anorexic because I struggle to be healthy weighted i have underweight tendencies.
    I am just like some girls with weight issues struggling to not be fat.
    You intimated I looked bigger. And if you think so you must have an anorexic view because at 5'1" and 98 lbs there's not really anything much smaller. Therefore your view on things is anorexic.

You don't really seem to know a lot about anything you're talking about. Just because I look anorexic doesn't mean I have tendencies to be such. Also another big thing you don't seem to understand is that I've already explained a thigh gap was a bigger difference than either of the pictures you showed by that logic I had a thigh gap as well. I'm talking about specifically my exroommate who was taller than me and 96 lbs that's not right. I know because I thought I was 5'2" because my dr didn't measure me without my shoes and I was told I had to be over 100 lbs with this weight. I'm talking about how big her gap was and that that was basically the only time I noticed it.

First of all you said she was 98 pounds. now all of a sudden she's less so you can make a point, huh? lies.

Second of all, your insults are quite amusing. The fact that you adamantly insist you are thin and emphasize your weight shows you are insecure.

Lastly, your spiel about the doctor, your shoes, and your roommates thigh gap is absolute gibberish.

What country are you originally from, if you don't mind me asking?
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Personality ....

far more attractive than thigh gap and i hardly think a man looking out for thigh gap would make the ideal partner !!!!!!
  • Just1998
    Just1998 Posts: 33
    Options
    My bf percentage is 16% at the most. People actually say I look anorexic or close to it if you can't see that then you must be blind or its bad pictures. I'm not criticizing I'm only saying looking like anorexic isn't a good thing especially on purpose. You seem like you're trying to knock me down when I've never even done anything to you or anyone else. Face it you seem to have issues with weight move on.

Oh yeah and I'm basically intimating you do have an anorexic view of things. Especially if you're going to say I look heavy. You prove my point with your own comments thank you.

Hahaha you're the one that says you look anorexic and somehow I'm the one that has an anorexic view of things? I'm trying to prove the point that thigh gaps can be healthy and you automatically accuse me of something that ridiculous.

I don't have issues with weight, but I have issues with girls who accuse other girls of debilitating mental diseases, all because they have physical properties that they themselves don't and never will have.

Going on about how you look anorexic isn't helping your point either.

I look anorexic because I struggle to be healthy weighted i have underweight tendencies.
    I am just like some girls with weight issues struggling to not be fat.
    You intimated I looked bigger. And if you think so you must have an anorexic view because at 5'1" and 98 lbs there's not really anything much smaller. Therefore your view on things is anorexic.

You don't really seem to know a lot about anything you're talking about. Just because I look anorexic doesn't mean I have tendencies to be such. Also another big thing you don't seem to understand is that I've already explained a thigh gap was a bigger difference than either of the pictures you showed by that logic I had a thigh gap as well. I'm talking about specifically my exroommate who was taller than me and 96 lbs that's not right. I know because I thought I was 5'2" because my dr didn't measure me without my shoes and I was told I had to be over 100 lbs with this weight. I'm talking about how big her gap was and that that was basically the only time I noticed it.

First of all you said she was 98 pounds. now all of a sudden she's less so you can make a point, huh? lies.

Second of all, your insults are quite amusing. The fact that you adamantly insist you are thin and emphasize your weight shows you are insecure.

Lastly, your spiel about the doctor, your shoes, and your roommates thigh gap is absolute gibberish.

What country are you originally from, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes you're proving my point you're mentally ill that or a troll. I'm not insisting anything it is what it is. You must be trolling because you read my thread on how I'm trying to gain weight.
    You're weird.

But it's clear you want me to be insecure but honestly I'm not white. girls of color well the ones I'm around hate skinny girls. So calling me anything else would be a compliment.

You're either trolling and putting what your fears are on other people. I'm not one who shares your struggle sorry Hun.
    And no that was a typo. I meant 96 lbs. either way she was an inch taller than me so she was underweight.
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options

Yes you're proving my point you're mentally ill that or a troll. I'm not insisting anything it is what it is. You must be trolling because you read my thread on how I'm trying to gain weight.
    You're weird.

But it's clear you want me to be insecure but honestly I'm not white girls of color well the ones I'm around hate skinny girls. So calling me anything else would be a compliment.

You're either trolling and putting what your fears are on other people. I'm not one who shares your struggle sorry Hun.
    And no that was a typo. I meant 96 lbs. either way she was an inch taller than me so she was underweight.

I'm weird? Well thanks :laugh: And I'm mentally ill? I'm pretty sure I'm just peachy.
    But it's clear you want me to be insecure but honestly I'm not white girls of color well the ones I'm around hate skinny girls. So calling me anything else would be a compliment.

Again, can't be considered english...anyone like to translate what she means?
  • Just1998
    Options

You're weird.

I'm weird? Well thanks :laugh: And I'm mentally ill? I'm pretty sure I'm just peachy.

You're obsessed with being thin I find that weird.and sad. Sad especially since you can't do much with your life besides be online as a troll. Why is your life so ****ed up? I'm sorry it sucks to be you.

Lacked a few punctuations.
    You're definitely a troll trying to change the subject so you can fight. Wait just a sec.
  • Just1998
    Options
    Troll ignored
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't care for the thigh gap.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is.. this thread is forever old.

And Since it was first started.. I burned enough fat off to HAVE a thighgap...though my thighs are not slim. Its alot to do with genetics people.

thighgap_zpsddb65ced.png
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options

:laugh: ouch!
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    <----I think I have one?
    feet and knees together and thighs apart.
    I don't see what is attractive or not attractive about it though? its just.... there.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    <----I think I have one?
    I don't see what is attractive or not attractive about it though? its just.... there.

Gorgeous legs!
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    <----I think I have one?

Gorgeous legs!

Thanks hun, I don't think they're anything special though, a little bit boyish even, my legs are the last place I gain weight and the first place I lose it, which is annoying because if I am carrying any extra weight I look top heavy
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I can't believe anybody would do anything "because men like it on a girl." The idea of that is completely sickening to me.
    One of the reasons I exercise, do weights and the like is because generally "women like it on a man".
    And if I had a partner, I'd have no problem with making any effort to be attractive for her.

What's your position on a girl putting make up on for a date?

As for the OP (I didn't read every page, may have been mentioned); may be a bit of an evolutionary 'baby bearing hips' thing?
    Me, happy either way :).
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps are cool if you can rock one because of your wide hips. They're not cool if you have one because you're legs are too damned bony.

the last time I had a thigh gap, I was about 7. So when I was 10 I had wide hips? :huh:
    No.....My thighs were bulky! yes that's it!:noway:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Something I have noticed is that people with a thigh gap at the top of the thighs usually have knees that touch. My knees do not touch, I have a gap, all the way till the very top (unless I stick my butt out, which I don't do). So, it does seem to have a lot to do with the way in which the leg bones are positioned in the sockets).
  • spacemuffins
    Options
    Something I have noticed is that people with a thigh gap at the top of the thighs usually have knees that touch. My knees do not touch, I have a gap, all the way till the very top (unless I stick my butt out, which I don't do). So, it does seem to have a lot to do with the way in which the leg bones are positioned in the sockets).

a lot photos of people with a "thigh gap" don't actually have one, they're just sticking out their bum a bit and voila, gap! Not that this is an insult, as having a thigh gap isn't an achievement. Just a question of bone structure. But like photo-shopped photos of models, photos of thigh gaps which are just a question of angle are harmful and further encouraging people to strive after an ideal that is simply impossible because even the people we're trying to look like, don't look like that.

Tbh I think it's not healthy to have an obsession with negative spaces, spaces where you're not taking up room and being less.
  • spacemuffins
    Options
    I can't believe anybody would do anything "because men like it on a girl." The idea of that is completely sickening to me.
    One of the reasons I exercise, do weights and the like is because generally "women like it on a man".
    And if I had a partner, I'd have no problem with making any effort to be attractive for her.

What's your position on a girl putting make up on for a date?

As for the OP (I didn't read every page, may have been mentioned); may be a bit of an evolutionary 'baby bearing hips' thing?
    Me, happy either way :).

Personally I think the issue is when a woman is saying "I want to look a certain way" and then a man jumps in saying "as a man I just want to say men prefer a woman with curves/ women who look like x so there's no need to lose/gain weight" or a woman wears a lot of makeup and men decide to say "oh there's no need to make that effort because men prefer a natural look" because it's like the assumption is there that women care about what men think or are doing it for the men, does that make sense? Like damn not everything is about the men.

(Also surveys and studies have shown that most of the time the people women are trying to impress aren't men, it is other women. I have noticed that a lot of women I know are self-critical and compare themselves to other women and are almost competing with them, and not doing anything because of a desire to be appealing to men )
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Had never even heard of this silliness before noticing this thread yesterday. Concurrently, there was a story online a friend of mine just posted, discussing the detrimental effects this idiotic craze can have on teen/tween girls. [http://the-mean-girl-extinction-project.com/2013/05/03/the-thigh-gap-a-new-and-dangerous-craze-girls-are-trying-to-fit-in/]. My own personal opinion is that we stop foisting this sort of standard on women of all ages. What does it honestly prove?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    lol where has this thread gone to
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    (Also surveys and studies have shown that most of the time the people women are trying to impress aren't men, it is other women. I have noticed that a lot of women I know are self-critical and compare themselves to other women and are almost competing with them, and not doing anything because of a desire to be appealing to men )
    But why are they trying to impress each other in the way they look, than for reasons that go back to an evolutionary sense of finding a better mate?

Of course, you could argue a man riding a motorbike in circles around a bit of tarmac with other men doing the same was pretty similar - and I'd argue I've only raced motorbikes purely because I enjoy it (but of course do I enjoy it because evolution dictated that those who enjoyed taking gaining skill in activities considered dangerous so they can do them well and survive were more likely to pass their genes on?)

A lot of "what women do" could be boiled down to the same. I tend to find women doing other things generally not considered stereotypically feminine more attractive; not sure what that says about me, however!