'thigh gap'?

Options

Replies

• JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    There was a girl in middle school with me who was ethnic and she had very wide hips and a thigh gap. I thought it was so unattractive at the time. I thought she needed to gain some weight.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I have one, it hasn't changed my life in any good or bad way. It just is. :ohwell:
  • JacksMachine
    JacksMachine Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Why not just try to be the best that you can. The best shape that you can and become this amazing speciman that you never thought you could. Forget about seeing veins or muscles or a "thigh gap" just be the best that you can and let yourself take whatever shape you're gonna take....Not a surmon...just a thought.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I think a woman would need to have very wide hips and slender legs, or just very, very skinny legs to achieve a thigh gap.

I didn't know thigh gaps existed until my husband and his gamer friends showed me a picture of a (fictional) video game character who was drawn to have very wide hips and a perfect triangle gap between her legs. It looked a little freakish! LOL They were attracted to it, for some reason. I have no idea why.

I can't remember who the character was. A WoW one, maybe?

A lot of Russian women have them - they have wide hips and thighs that go straight down instead of angling in like mine do. It's quite sexy. Of course, my meaty thighs are pretty sexy too.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    'Thigh gap' seem to be the thing to have. Hardly fair as not all woman have the hips to achieve it.
    But I don't really get it...who do you do this for? Do men like 'thigh gap' on a girl?
    Same with size zero....do men like size 0 women?
    I mean... is there anyone that really believes you get a higher status from those shapes even if they don't necessarily mean you're healthy?
    What do you guys and girls think of this?

Some guys like it, some don't.

Some girls want it, some don't. (I fall into the latter category)

Some women can achieve it, some can't. Some of the ones that can and some of the ones that can't, will employ some very unhealthy food habits to achieve it.

Is it a good or bad thing? It's completely situation/individual dependent.

Are guys and girls that like it somehow depraved? No.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    How funny... I'm pretty sure when I was in high school (way back when) thigh gaps were bad. People said that people with gaps had gotten around too much. lol Now its a sexy thing? I can't keep up... nor do I need to. If I end up with one, so be it, if I don't well then that's fine too. Not like I could do much about it anyways, right. lol
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i have a thigh gap with 22" thighs. but i also have incredibly wide hips. i dont fwel special for it.
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My mother tells of her Personal Hygiene class in school. The teacher told all of the girls that you know you're the right weight when you can fit your fist between your thighs.

Ah, gotta love 1950s classes, right?

I've had a fist between my thighs before...I mean...what?
    hahahahahahahaha
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    jumper.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    sigh...

I like that I don't wear my inner thigh seam out nearly so fast. Do I have a gap? When it counts. :wink:

size 0? Don't think guys check your tags before they decide to date you.
    I'll never be a 0 because I am tall. Don't think that matters much either. :)

My goal:
    - be strong
    - be confident in my own skin buck naked
    - walk with my head held high because I did what I never thought I could.

goal reached*

well mostly... some times the second bullet is iffy
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One of the things I missed the most about my "old" body during my fat days was my thigh gap. I'm am so thankful it is back.

I don't think it looks great. I just couldn't get used to my thighs rubbing together. I wasn't able to wear skirts or dresses for four years as a result of this. It nearly made me insane.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My mother tells of her Personal Hygiene class in school. The teacher told all of the girls that you know you're the right weight when you can fit your fist between your thighs.

Ah, gotta love 1950s classes, right?

I've had a fist between my thighs before...I mean...what?

BOOM;)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Meh, I could take or leave it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'd volunteer to fill the gap if I thought it would kill this thread
  • mikurulove10
    Options
    I personally think the whole "thigh gap" hype is ridiculous. I admittedly used to be dying for a thigh gap, until I realized that not only is it really difficult to achieve, but as far as I know, nobody really CARES. Also, if you have a thigh gap, and you drop food, it'll just sink through and fall on the floor instead of on your lap ;__;
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Best way to get a thigh gap is a nice case of rickets
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'd volunteer to fill the gap if I thought it would kill this thread

Damn. I just wish I had one then.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Only two times I'm going to notice a girl's thigh gap. OK, three. It would make a great beer koozie.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    2s9c375.gif
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    Best way to get a thigh gap is a nice case of rickets

u jelly?