'thigh gap'?

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I don't have a complete thigh gap when I stand with my feet together, but my legs don't touch when I am walking. So, a person does not need to have a big thigh gap to avoid those issues you described.

We would all I think benefit from an accurate measurement. Can you get a large one of these made up?

gap1.jpg
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I don't have a complete thigh gap when I stand with my feet together, but my legs don't touch when I am walking. So, a person does not need to have a big thigh gap to avoid those issues you described.

We would all I think benefit from an accurate measurement. Can you get a large one of these made up?

gap1.jpg
    Unfortunately there's a popular one for measuring waists called the pen test which is disturbing to google. There is also a thigh gap measurement involving dimming the lights and a flash light....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I agree with you. It's just a possible explanation for why people would like a thigh gap
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

gap1.jpg
    Unfortunately there's a popular one for measuring waists called the pen test which is disturbing to google. There is also a thigh gap measurement involving dimming the lights and a flash light....

I always preferred the Sharpie test.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. It's just a possible explanation for why people would like a thigh gap

I understand
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm much too hippy to achieve the exalted 'thigh gap' but I did put this as part of my reasons why I want to get in shape...

"For my shadow to realize that I have two legs. You know what I mean, it's a sunny day out, you're standing next to some in shape girl, and her shadow shows two separate appendages, and your shadow thinks that you're wearing a skirt to your knees, and therefore has the appearance of a tree trunk."

So I'd be happy with just the two leg idea...
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I can't actually imagine what walking would feel like if my thighs didn't touch....Seems odd to think about lol
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I can't actually imagine what walking would feel like if my thighs didn't touch....Seems odd to think about lol
    It would feel llike you have bruises on your knees. At least, thats how I feel lol, but I'm a cluts and always knock them.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What is this obsession with thigh gaps...Women who have them are beautiful, women who don't are as well.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    What is this obsession with thigh gaps...Women who have them are beautiful, women who don't are as well.
    What is the obsession with wanting to be thin or "ripped". Humans are beautiful either way.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Personally, I DON'T like a thigh gap and don't want to have one. I have no interest at all in what men think about it.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I reckon I'm quite genetically capable of having a thigh gap. It's definitely one of my goals but I'm not obsessing over it.
  • ggxx100
    Options
    Personally, I DON'T like a thigh gap and don't want to have one. I have no interest at all in what men think about it.

Eh, the point I'm making is, it doesn't seem important enough to be something to like or dislike.

After losing weight, voila: I have a thigh gap, and safe to say..

My life is no more or less exciting than it was when I didn't have one. Nor do I find myself anymore attractive.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

Eh, the point I'm making is, it doesn't seem important enough to be something to like or dislike.

After losing weight, voila: I have a thigh gap, and safe to say..

My life is no more or less exciting than it was when I didn't have one. Nor do I find myself anymore attractive.

Agree with this completely!
  • Just1998
    Just1998 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have flat hips they're 32.5 inches at the largest if I include my butt. If I had a gap I'd be highly underweight. I got a minor *kitten* and that's it downtown. I care more about my top honestly. Im a size 0 by default.

My exroommate was a size 0. 5'2" and 98 lbs. she had a gap. It kind of scared me though I didn't get why her legs did that. I figured it was because she was underweight. Like I thought if you had wide hips your thighs would fill in the space. But I guess that means she had nice hips and butt? She did say once its better for a guy to like your butt than boobs. I never recognized her hphysique as something nice. But I did think she'd have been a lot better with more meat on her bones. I also noticed this physique on a model as well.
  • ggxx100
    Options
    I have flat hips they're 32.5 inches at the largest if I include my butt. If I had a gap I'd be highly underweight. I got a minor *kitten* and that's it downtown. I care more about my top honestly. Im a size 0 by default.

My exroommate was a size 0. 5'2" and 98 lbs. she had a gap. It kind of scared me though I didn't get why her legs did that. I figured it was because she was underweight. Like I thought if you had wide hips your thighs would fill in the space. But I guess that means she had nice hips and butt? She did say once its better for a guy to like your butt than boobs. I never recognized her hphysique as something nice. But I did think she'd have been a lot better with more meat on her bones. I also noticed this physique on a model as well.

It's definitely not an indicator of underweight or overweight. My mom is quite a bit taller (I'm only 5'1) and curvier and she has one.

Yes, some underweight girls do have thigh gaps because they are, in fact, underweight. But often its a matter of genetics. My femurs happen to be farther apart than others.

And since its a matter of genetics, all the more reason why girls should stop giving a flying crap about it and embrace what they have.
  • Just1998
    Options

It's definitely not an indicator of underweight or overweight. My mom is quite a bit taller and curvier and she has one.

Yes, some underweight girls do have thigh gaps because they are, in fact, underweight. But often its a matter of genetics. My femurs happen to be farther apart than others.

And since its a matter of genetics, all the more reason why girls should stop giving a flying crap about it and embrace what they have.

Yeah it has to do how wide your hips are. IMO I think the thighs should fill out the space. If a woman has a curvier/bigger build she needs more fat than say a petite girl like myself that's just my opinion. If I had wide hips I'd be trying to gain weight definitely.
  • ggxx100
    Options

It's definitely not an indicator of underweight or overweight. My mom is quite a bit taller and curvier and she has one.

Yeah it has to do how wide your hips are. IMO I think the thighs should fill out the space. If a woman has a curvier/bigger build she needs more fat than say a petite girl like myself that's just my opinion. If I had wide hips I'd be trying to gain weight definitely.

Thats...a bit ridiculous.

Genetics are genetics. No one should forcefully gain or lose weight to avoid or attain thigh gaps. Also, people who have wide hips are more prone to having leg gaps. So to suggest they gain weight to avoid them would be going against nature.
  • Just1998
    Options

Thats...a bit ridiculous.

Genetics are genetics. No one should forcefully gain or lose weight to avoid or attain thigh gaps. Also, people who have wide hips are more prone to having leg gaps. So to suggest they gain weight to avoid them would be going against nature.

Yes genetics are genetics but there's a range of what healthy weight is. I'm 98 lbs a 103 or 104 was my heaviest Ive ever been. This is a healthy weight for me at 5'1". I'm petit so of course my bmi's going to be on the lower end of a healthy range. A woman with a bigger frame would likely need more weight. Your weight and fat distribution has to do with your frame.