Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just to reinforce that it's all in the build:

5'6"
    26in waist
    40in hips
    23in thighs
    jogging, stair climbing, squats, stretching

Thigh gap destiny. It's not a great amount of fitness or a lack of fitness. It's not being skinny. It's just how I'm built.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The only good a thigh gap does is enable people sitting directly in front of you to see the view behind you when you stand up.

^^^^^ LOL
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager 25 years ago, we used to call it "the gap". We erroneously believed it meant a girl was sexually active. So naive.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Gap, clap, FLAP...

Who cares what you got as long as you can sh-sh-shake it!

tumblr_mk0jsnFySE1rz20sfo1_500.gif
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have to comment on this. A week ago I was on here and we had to say the first thing that came to mind about the person before you. Someone wrote "thigh gap" about me and I thought they were making fun of me. I've never heard this before. I promptly retorted on theres "cross dresser". Boy do I feel stupid.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i guess it depends upon the gap and the wearer. When i'm at my goal weight and my legs are toned, i probably have one. I never really checked. What i like on me is: 1. lack of muffin fat, 2. a flat tummy, and 3. no jiggling.

as for the other question, "do guys like size zeros?" Idk if all guys do, but when i'm a 0, they come out of the woodwork. i get asked out everywhere. Of course, unless they want to go running with me, they're out of luck :wink: I'm 5'6", by the way...
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    'Thigh gap' seem to be the thing to have. Hardly fair as not all woman have the hips to achieve it.
    But I don't really get it...who do you do this for? Do men like 'thigh gap' on a girl?
    Same with size zero....do men like size 0 women?
    I mean... is there anyone that really believes you get a higher status from those shapes even if they don't necessarily mean you're healthy?
    What do you guys and girls think of this?

I have a thigh gap and am happy with it. I also wear a girls 12 pants and medium tops. I don't think I'd like it if I lost my gap.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    'Thigh gap' seem to be the thing to have. Hardly fair as not all woman have the hips to achieve it.
    But I don't really get it...who do you do this for? Do men like 'thigh gap' on a girl?
    Same with size zero....do men like size 0 women?
    I mean... is there anyone that really believes you get a higher status from those shapes even if they don't necessarily mean you're healthy?
    What do you guys and girls think of this?

I would not worry about what other people think. Everyone has their own preferences. Be healthy and focus on what makes you happy!
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    i think women are more obsessed with it than men.

I have no interest in "thigh gaps"
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am not "obsessed" with a thigh-gap, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't sexy. And honestly it is kinda primal. Wide hips on a woman are a sign of good child-bearing capability, so men are naturally attracted to it. When a woman with wide hips is also very fit and toned (which most men also like), she is going to have a thigh gap. Nothing calls attention to nice, wide, child-bearing hips like a thigh gap. So yes, it is quite attractive.
  • selina884
    Options
    I am not "obsessed" with a thigh-gap, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't sexy. And honestly it is kinda primal. Wide hips on a woman are a sign of good child-bearing capability, so men are naturally attracted to it. When a woman with wide hips is also very fit and toned (which most men also like), she is going to have a thigh gap. Nothing calls attention to nice, wide, child-bearing hips like a thigh gap. So yes, it is quite attractive.

um, I dont think thigh gaps are limited to women with wide hips.
  • LookMaNoHands
    Options

Of course not. But if a woman has narrow hips and STILL has one, then she is probably so skinny that she is unhealthy.
  • LookMaNoHands
    Options
    Obviously we can't make blanket statements, and I speak only in general terms. ;-)
  • selina884
    Options

Of course not. But if a woman has narrow hips and STILL has one, then she is probably so skinny that she is unhealthy.

therefore only two kinds of women get thigh gaps.

Skinny women
    women with large hips

Interesting.
  • LookMaNoHands
    Options

Skinny women
    women with large hips

Interesting.

Um, generally, yeah. Simple laws of physics sweety. Think about where your hips are. Then think about what has to happen in order to achieve negative space in the middle. It isn't rocket-science. Either the legs have to be thinner, or they have to be set father apart, or both. I didn't really think this was a particularly difficult concept to grasp. Perhaps I was wrong. Either way, it does not seem that big of a deal to me.
  • selina884
    Options

Skinny women
    women with large hips

Interesting.

Um, generally, yeah. Simple laws of physics sweety. Think about where your hips are. Then think about what has to happen in order to achieve negative space in the middle. It isn't rocket-science. Either the legs have to be thinner, or they have to be set father apart, or both. I didn't really think this was a particularly difficult concept to grasp. Perhaps I was wrong. Either way, it does not seem that big of a deal to me.

Interesting knowledge.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just to reinforce that it's all in the build:

5'6"
    26in waist
    40in hips
    23in thighs
    jogging, stair climbing, squats, stretching

Thigh gap destiny. It's not a great amount of fitness or a lack of fitness. It's not being skinny. It's just how I'm built.

Similar build here!!!

5'5
    27" waist
    40" hips
    21" thighs
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I believe the typical man's opinion on "thigh gap" will be that the best way to achieve one is to spread your legs. :)
  • SaveFileCorrupt
    SaveFileCorrupt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap doesn't make up for a gap between the ears. Such an insignificant trait to aim for, lol. Just work hard, be fit, and be happy.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm indifferent toward this thigh gap. A fit and toned body is attractive, with or without the gap.