Carbs + Fat = FAT!!

Options

Replies

• FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    Poppycock I say! Poppycock!

oh i love that stuff....lol

But it's full of carbs and fat, so don't eat it after 6pm.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I got some bad news for you. Food makes you fat not just one macro. Eat too much and don't exercise and you get fat and that is a fact. The original post is not. Nor is the one about Dr. Oz, BTW, his is a quack and that is a fact.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Calories can't tell time :p
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I hope you're just trolling...
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    This has almost no truth at all. A calorie is a calorie, a carb is a carb. Unless you've already eaten all of your calories/carbs/whatever, it does not matter what time you eat it. I'm very tired of seeing this misconception. Your body can't differenciate the calorie you ate at 7 AM from the one you ate at 9 PM.

Agreed!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Well it is a fact about the after 6 pm eating, that is if you sleep within 4 hours.

Even dr Oz will tell you that one.

Dr. Oz is paid to talk about things his endorsers want him to talk about.

I will take the advice of my doctors and dietitian (who has more experience and education under her belt when it comes to nutrition that Dr. Snoz ever will) when they tell me, "It doesn't matter when you eat, your body will digest and process it the same".

Hahahaha Dr. Snoz :laugh:

Seriously though, I hate when people cite him as a source of legitimate information. Sure he gives good tips sometimes, but you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Please show your work in this math equation. I will mark this incorrect.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well it is a fact about the after 6 pm eating, that is if you sleep within 4 hours.

I will take the advice of my doctors and dietitian (who has more experience and education under her belt when it comes to nutrition that Dr. Snoz ever will) when they tell me, "It doesn't matter when you eat, your body will digest and process it the same".

Hahahaha Dr. Snoz :laugh:

Seriously though, I hate when people cite him as a source of legitimate information. Sure he gives good tips sometimes, but you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt!

But he says if you eat salt you will die! :sick:
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Agreed!

Carbs are not the devil.

Processed food and junk food = fat. Eating a slice of ezekiel bread at night isn't going to magically make you fat. Heck, I sometimes eat BANANAS (carbs! sugar!) at night... not every night though, lol. I guess I enjoy living dangerously! ;-)
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts @ midnight. That is all.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
    Could you please provide credible sources to support these statements?
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There is one thing Dr. Oz said about not eating before bed that I can kind of see, though I don't know if it's true or not. If you eat right before bed (assuming you don't need the calories to meet your daily requirements) by the time you wake up in the morning your stomach is going to be just as empty as if you hadn't eaten anything at all, but you'll still have taken in those extra calories.

Does that make sense?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs. I eat fat. I eat from the moment I wake up in the morning to the moment I go to bed. I'm losing weight.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    There is one thing Dr. Oz said about not eating before bed that I can kind of see, though I don't know if it's true or not. If you eat right before bed (assuming you don't need the calories to meet your daily requirements) by the time you wake up in the morning your stomach is going to be just as empty as if you hadn't eaten anything at all, but you'll still have taken in those extra calories.

Does that make sense?
    Nope. Not one bit.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Did you know that when you eat carbs with fat, it makes you retain fat? Don't eat carbs after 6 pm or 4 hours before bedtime. This gives your body the time it needs to burn off as many of those carbs possible before you wind down and your metabolism slows down.

I disagree. This is, to put it nicely, nonsense.

Carbs are fine. Fat is fine. Carbs + fat is fine. Eating after 6pm is fine. Eating before bed is fine. Eating at 3 in the morning is fine.

What is not fine is eating more than your body needs. If you consume more calories than you burn, you will retain fat. Conversely, if you burn more calories than you consume, you will burn fat.
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    Due to the way my work schedule and my wife's work schedule fall, and the time that we are able to go to the gym together, I regularly eat my largest meal at 9:00 p.m. My bedtime is 10 p.m. I've lost 40 pounds in the last two months. I think your theory needs a little work.
  • Redemption187
    Options
    Yep, this is BS. :D
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Wow. Another code brown topic topped with crap.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Could you please provide credible sources to support these statements?
    Thank God the first person to post back was someone with this thought process.

Learn more about the OP threads here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/637535-the-order-your-body-burns-calories where you can learn about 'protein burning' zones...I prefer the breast part of the chicken...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference what time of day you eat.