Carbs + Fat = FAT!!

Options

Replies

• NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm new here, so maybe there's something I'm missing, but these responses sound rather mean!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I thought too many calories = fat. :(
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    not eating carbohydrates after 6pm or at night time is actually a good idea for someone who is trying to lose weight and does not track macronutrients or calories, basically some average person... by doing this you limit foods that are easy to overconsume so its true to an extent.

but for someone who keeps track of what they eat it makes no difference when you eat.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Carbs are bad! Yea ok! I eat as late as 11 pm somedays and yes I eat plenty of carbs. :) Don't seem to be having trouble!
  • Cmandy67
    Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did you know that when you eat carbs with fat, it makes you retain fat? Don't eat carbs after 6 pm or 4 hours before bedtime. This gives your body the time it needs to burn off as many of those carbs possible before you wind down and your metabolism slows down.

Girl that sure opened a can of worms
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm new here, so maybe there's something I'm missing, but these responses sound rather mean!

It's ok. You'll get used to it. Welcome aboard!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone is trying to be mean.....But I do think people are concerned that others reading this will actually believe when it has no scientific backing.
  • Cmandy67
    Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Sometimes the truth hurts
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

You're not missing anything.

You'll see this kind of broscience disputed loudly and often. This is about the original post being bad and misinformed, and the educated making their arguments.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I would say most people replying here are not trying to be mean. I know I'm not. It's just that you see a post like this every other day at a minimum and it's complete rubbish as far as facts. With so much good information on MFP and available in general with little searching effort needed, it gets really old seeing this stuff show up constantly.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I would say most people replying here are not trying to be mean. I know I'm not. It's just that you see a post like this every other day at a minimum and it's complete rubbish as far as facts. With so much good information on MFP and available in general with little searching effort needed, it gets really old seeing this stuff show up constantly.

Ah, I see. So what I was missing is that this is an ongoing thing. That makes a little more sense. I will, however, be very careful of what I say on here! :-)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Ah, I see. So what I was missing is that this is an ongoing thing. That makes a little more sense. I will, however, be very careful of what I say on here! :-)

It's just that the mainstream diet media perpetuates certain nonsense rumors, over and over and over again, no matter how much science there is to the contrary. THEN people glom on to these ideas that they hear on TV or from a book or from a friend, and then post them here in the forums as if they are facts- this thread being a perfect example. The ideas are conceptualized to sell a book or whatever, and then get repeated so many times they become "true".
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I ate everything when i was loosing weight, just in moderation. I used to eat right before bed and i still lost weight.
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The idea of no carbs after a certain time is tied to the fact that our activity levels, generally, match the sunrise/sunset pattern so that eating them in the morning and then lessening them as the day wears on so you're fueling for what is needed. It does stand to reason that when you are at a lower activity level at night, there is a greater chance carbs will get stored because there won't be any use for them.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    983451.gif

^ This.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The idea of no carbs after a certain time is tied to the fact that our activity levels, generally, match the sunrise/sunset pattern so that eating them in the morning and then lessening them as the day wears on so you're fueling for what is needed. It does stand to reason that when you are at a lower activity level at night, there is a greater chance carbs will get stored because there won't be any use for them.
    Except for the fact that eating at a calorie deficit eliminates the chance of ANYTHING being permanently stored.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    DIdyou know that if you eat more than you burn YOU GET FAT?

Like HOLY CRAP! All that salad...if ou still eat more than you burn....SALAD will make you need a WIDE LOAD sticker on your butt.

Think before you post, because you informaton is Extrememly flawed
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Except for the fact that eating at a calorie deficit eliminates the chance of ANYTHING being permanently stored.

Depends though. If our bodies are not going to be able to actively use it, it's going to get stored as fat.

Eating at a deficit means your body has to pull elsewhere for fuel (ideally your fat stores) at the time it is needed.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    YES GUYS THIS IS 100% TRUE AFTER 6PM ALL CARBS AUTOMATICALLY TURN INTO FAT. It's okay to eat them at 5:59PM though. One second late and you're going to be a whale.. be careful!!111!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Depends though. If our bodies are not going to be able to actively use it, it's going to get stored as fat.

Eating at a deficit means your body has to pull elsewhere for fuel (ideally your fat stores) at the time it is needed.

Eating at a deficit would mean that over the course of time, fat oxidation exceeds fat storage. This makes the acute process of trying to "burn off that food you ate" meaningless.